A New Family

My Nonverbal Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For about 10 minutes of awkward silence Sejun and I followed Eunwoo and Yewon from the Pledis building to our new dorm. All of a sudden, Eunwoo stopped walking on a dime and groaned “AHHH! You two are so freaking awkward!” surprising everyone, as Sejun and I exchanged confused looks at each other. Yewon frowned at Eunwoo and said “Unnie…you’re just making things even more awkward!”. Eunwoo turned to her younger friend, put her hands on her hips, and said “Yewon-ah.. how simple minded can you be?”. Eunwoo then looked at Sejun, then looked at me, shook her head, and sighed before saying “Come on you two! Let’s go get some drinks! It’ll help the awkwardness!” as she turned towards Yewon and winked at her. Yewon knew what the older girl was up to and turned red in the face, but before she could even say anything Eunwoo grabbedd my hand and pulled me away from the group, like a stray puppy through the crowded streets. As Eunwoo dragged me by the hand tightly, I could tell how she was genuinely trying to get closer to Sejun and I. As we ran through the streets of the Gangnam-Gu district, people looked at us but how could they not recognize that a popular girl group member was running hand in hand with a male right in front of them? “Oppa. You tired?” I heard Eunwoo call out to me as she looked back. I shook my head in response and clenched her hand tighter to signal that it was okay to keep going. Eunwoo knew exactly what I meant and gave me a bright smile, which would make any guy's heart melt. A few minutes later, Eunwoo and I arrived at a small outdoor noodle shop, where Eunwoo was instantly greeted by a firm but friendly and elderly voice “Ahh! Eunwoo-yah long time no see! For two tonight?”. Eunwoo gave another bright smile but this time to the owner of the little shop and said “Grandpa long time no see! No we’ve got two more friends coming! I just got so excited and made Y/N run here with me!”. I bowed to the owner in respect hoping that he would not try to call me out for not saying anything to him. Thankfully the owner didn’t seem to mind as he laughed and said “Ahh Eunwoo, you never change! Go ahead and sit right over there! I’ll bring the usual out for you!”. 

After we sat down, Eunwoo started to shoot questions at me like a machine gun. She asked questions like “Where are you from?”, “Why Pledis?”, “Does Sejun really love Yuha-unnie?”, “What kind of music do you like to produce?” among other kinds of questions. I pulled out my phone so that I could reply to Eunwoo, but before I could even type any sort of response to her, Eunwoo reached across the table and grabbed my phone away from me. As I looked up in shock, I saw Eunwoo frowning at me and started screaming “Yah! That’s rude! You should be answering my questions not pulling out your phone and ignoring me! What am I not pretty enough for you or something?! I'm sorry I'm not pretty like Xiyeon!”. I shook my head and was about to reach back over the table to get my phone back, but before I could do so, Sejun appeared out of nowhere and took the phone from Eunwoo’s hands and sat down next to me. Sejun looked like a completely different person than he was about twenty minutes ago. He had gone from someone who looked like a complete idiot to someone that was about to commit murder. The death stare Sejun was giving off was directed solely towards Eunwoo. Yewon, who had arrived with Sejun, was sitting next to Eunwoo and she could almost feel the ominous vibes coming from Sejun as his death stare sent cold shivers down her spine. I could see that Yewon looked as if she was struggling to find any words to say and that she wanted to help the situation. “Eunwoo-ssi” Sejun calmly said, finally loosening up his stare at Eunwoo. “Y-yes?” Eunwoo nervously replied as she was wondering what was going on. As Sejun began speaking he kept his stare directly upon Eunwoo “Y/N’s phone, please never take this away from him. This is very important to him, without this..” but before he could continue, I put my hand on his shoulder, to signal Sejun to stop, as I wanted to tell the two about my muteness myself. Taking back my phone from Sejun, I began typing on my phone “I’m sorry Eunwoo-ssi, Yewon-ssi, the reason why Sejun is acting like this right now is because without this phone I cannot communicate with you guys or well anyone in general. To make things more clear, I’m a mute and this is the only way that I can speak to you guys.”. After I showed the girls the message, Eunwoo immediately got up from her seat, bowed to me, and blurted out “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I had no idea! Please forgive me for being so rude!”. I stood up and tried to get Eunwoo to stop bowing to me and typed another message saying “No, no, no. It’s totally okay! I understand why you reacted like that!”. Eunwoo looked me in the eyes and gave me another bright smile before saying “Okay Oppa how about we both forget our rudeness to each other and we have a couple drinks!”. I nodded my head and looked over at Yewon and Sejun and smiled at them. Yewon gave a very puppy-like smile and said “Yay! Everyone’s friends now! Let’s have a drink to celebrate!” 

After a “few” drinks, Yewon had passed out with her head on top of the table while muttering silly things like “Wee Woo” and "Oppaya" under her voice. Eunwoo and I had become pretty close pretty quickly as she was continuously talking to me while I was responding with my phone. Sejun would respond for me sometimes when the answer would be too long for me to type. Eunwoo was the first person besides Sejun to ever accept my muteness so quickly, well actually I never really tried to talk to anyone besides my mother and Sejun. So this was how it felt to have friends? All throughout middle school and high school, I didn’t have many friends because I was more used to being aloof and I was also focused on being a good student along with being busy with a hectic idol trainee life. Or maybe it was because no one at school tried to be my friend besides Sejun. I have always been surpsied that the most popular guy in school wanted to be friends with me, one of the most antisocial people. But, when Sejun would invite me to go out with him and his friends, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter