An Interesting Duo

My Nonverbal Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I find it very interesting how a producer and songwriter can make such fantastic music while being unable to use their voice... Sejun, I see that you believe in Y/N very much, but how can I believe in someone that cannot tell singers and rappers how he wants them to sing and adjust?” Jiyoung asked in a very calm voice, but even with her calm voice she looked very interested in how Sejun would respond. Sejun took a breath before responding to Jiyoung saying “I believe in Y/N, I am his biggest fan, we were together at Cube for four years. Not only was he talented in singing, dancing, but he was number one in making music. Y/N told me time and time again, that he didn't believe that he would debut, because he believed everyone else there was more fit than him to debut. But all of us believed that Y/N would debut. Everyone including myself thought he was one of the top trainees at Cube, no one of the top in the world. The reason why I believe Y/N is the best producer and songwriter even though he may not be able to speak, is because he always listens, always watches, and always gets to know each person so that he knows how they sing, the way they like to sing, what their strengths are, what their weaknesses are, and what kind of habits they have. It’s not that Y/N can’t tell them how to sing, but he maximizes everyone’s strengths by letting them be who they are. He doesn't ask them to do what they can't and he doesn't make them do anything that pushes them ”. As Sejun was saying all of this, he was looking at me the whole time, which almost made me break down in tears. If I could have spoke, the only words that I would have been able to say were “Sejun-ah” probably in a very shaky voice at that. What Sejun was saying was true though, I believed that writing and producing music for people would produce the best results once understood the person. But, I never knew Sejun looked at me in that kind of way and understood me to a level that deep. The troublemaking Sejun that I knew, had grown up and I shed a few tears, wiping them away before anyone saw it. “Y/N made me continue wanting to be an idol, I honestly had no interest in becoming one, but whenever I came to dance practice or vocal training and his music would play, it made me want to sing his songs, dance to his songs, and bring it to the world so that others may hear his amazing music.” Sejun continued to say. I could no longer hold my tears back, as the tears uncontrollably flowed from my eyes. Jiyoung smiled at both of us, looked at me and said “Y/N, I hear you have something that you wrote for me to see about Sejun. May I see it now?”. As I pulled out the letter from my pocket, I saw from the corner of my eye, Sejun looking at me with a look of disbelief and amazement and said “Hyung…no way!”. 

Jiyoung began reading the letter out loud, even though I was hoping she wouldn't “Sejun, where do I even begin? I’ve spent many many years with him and I’ve seen how everyone loves him, how he is great at everything, how he already has a fanbase, and how great of a friend and person he is. The number one trainee at Cube, a great voice, speaker, rapper, dancer, and athlete. Whenever Sejun would actually come to practices, he would definitely show off how he was the number one trainee, I feel the reason that CEO, didn’t debut him was because there were no other trainees that matched up to his skills and talents and Sejun would just be wasted in a group where he was the only one who shined. So if anything, please take Sejun and make him into a great idol, I honestly would be happy if he was the only one that you took today. I am not asking but begging you take take Sejun into Pledis Entertainment!”. Throughout the whole reading, I tried not to look in Sejun’s direction out of embarrassment, but I could hear Sejun sobbing very softly as he was trying to hold back his sniffles and tears.

After a moment of awkward silence, Jiyoung let out a sigh and said “Well.. what a strange but interesting duo we’ve received.” and instantly Sejun and I both looked at her wondering if what she had just said was what we believed she meant.  “I’m saying that you both are now Pledis family. Sejun, you are now a Pledis trainee and Y/N, you are now a producer and songwriter for Pledis. Once you guys sign the contract I have here for you, I hope that you two can bring great music to Pledis in the near future. The CEO will personally greet you two in a few days, both of you make sure to report here in the morning at 10 AM sharp! Oh and I am no longer Jiyoung to you. I am now noona to both of you” Jiyoung said. Before I could even bow or try to type anything to respond to Jiyoung-noona, Sejun jumped off of his seat and hugged her, yelling out “OH MY GOD THANK YOU NOONA! I PROMISE WE’LL COME OUT WITH THE BEST MUSIC!”. I smiled and nodded as I saw Jiyoung-noona frown at the physical contact but did not try to push Sejun off of her allowing him to bask in the happy moment. Sejun and I looked over the contract making sure that there were no extra incentives or fees that would get us in trouble in case of something happening. Once we looked ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter