007 Parental

We're not broken (just bent)

"Mom. I've told you, right? Why are you doing this to me?" Baekhyun whines into his phone. Chanyeol bites his lower lips while waiting for Baekhyun who just ten feets away from him. "What? No! Why would I do that?"

Apparently, his mother said that he should give Chanyeol another chance because Mrs. Byun could feel that guilty aura radiates from the taller. And also she did this because for Baekhyun's good. Baekhyun thinks, where's the good part though?

"But mom..." Baekhyun whines more. "Eurgh... Okay." At last, he gives up. No one can change his mother's words. He pockets his phone and turns around reluctantly. "What is your intention by doing this?" Baekhyun gives 'I judge you' stare to a fidgeting Chanyeol.

"I just wanted you back. I know what I did was a wrong move but I am stupid as you thought and-..."

"Don't say that you're stupid ever again. No one's stupid if they could go to the college." The smaller crosses his arms on his chest.

"Okay... I was... uhh... I was..." The taller stammered.

"You were?"

"I have no choice, okay? How could I... When the bet met the deadline..." Chanyeol pursed his lips as he saw that Baekhyun's eye twitched. "And out of nowhere, my mom asked me if I could marry the person I didn't know."

"But that person was me and you blew the chance for us to be together away."

"But I didn't know it was you!" Chanyeol pressed the urge to yell. He takes a deep breath before continues. "I was sad. I don't know what to do as I still love you but I need to fulfill my mother's wish. Without knowing who it was, I agreed and decided to just let you go. I was certain that my head did what I need to do while my heart was against it."

Baekhyun swears that he could see Chanyeol's broken soul in the latter's eyes. His heart broke at the sight of it.

"I just want you. I want you to be my life time partner. Please..." Chanyeol's eyes glimmers with unshed tears. "I beg you..." He heaves a heavy breathing.

Baekhyun closes his eyes for awhile and opens them up, showing no other feelings than full of seriousness. It's understandable but it does not mean that the richer could step on the nerds and the poor. It was not tolerable. "Three months. As you said, three months... If I don't want to be with you again, you promised to go away from my life, right?"

Chanyeol's breath hitched but a promise is a promise. "Y-yes... Yes, will do." He looks down for awhile to get rid of the tears in his eyes and looks up again with determination. "Now, let's go." He grins widely. He really hopes that this three months, maybe less, could melt his sweetheart (read: Baekhyun) again.

"Where to?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

"To the aquaria!"

With that, Chanyeol drags the flabbergasted Baekhyun towards the bus stop. As they reach the place, they sit side by side while their hands still connected. But Baekhyun does not realize that, instead he felt weird as Chanyeol did not force him to ride his black Lamborghini like yesterday.

"No car?" He asked.

"Nope. I just realized that... I could not hold your hand like this while I drive." The taller blushed while tightening the hold on his hand. Baekhyun looks down to their hands and hide his smile and turns his gaze elsewhere. He did not do anything as he did not want to mislead Chanyeol into the thoughts that he is ready to accept him again. He motionlessly let the taller to hold his hand tightly. As if Chanyeol was afraid that whenever he let it go, Baekhyun will disappear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Look, Baek! It's a shark! Baby shark!"

Ever since Chanyeol had paid the tickets for the two of them, an hour and a half ago, Baekhyun had been dragged by the excited Chanyeol through the big aquarium. They are currently in the tunnel under the water. Chanyeol had pointing to this and that, practically to everything he thought amazing with his free hand while his other hand grips tightly on Baekhyun's.

All the way to the said destination on the bus, they had been in silence. While Chanyeol was nervous along the way, Baekhyun was amused at the taller's behavior.

Baekhyun makes sure that the taller did not notice the lingering smile on his lips whenever Chanyeol pointing cutely to everything he saw. His eyes shine brightly while he was observing his surrounding while Baekhyun's focus on the person he thought more amusing than the others.

"Hey! It's a jellyfish." Chanyeol said excitedly. He smiles widely.

Now that Baekhyun noticed, Chanyeol's grip on his hand would tighten a bit whenever he saw something to point it out.

Along the way, Chanyeol looks around with his eyes warily while pointing at everything. Actually, without the smaller knowing, Chanyeol was afraid to look at Baekhyun. He was afraid if the smaller would show him a judging eyes, moreover a disgusting eyes. He decided to just be laisure ang let loose around Baekhyun just to show that he sincerely took the three months challenge to his heart by being himself and no more pretending. He did not want to just said it was a promise like nothing. He wanted to prove them.

"Baek? You hungry?" Chanyeol asked while Baekhyun tried to school his facial expressions. "Want to go there?" Chanyeol pointed to a cafe outside of the aquaria.

Baekhyun wordlessly nods and again, let himself being dragged to the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

변백현 박찬열

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for today. I had fun." Chanyeol smiled handsomely.

Baekhyun just nods. He does not want to say anything. He is afraid that he will lead the taller on and gave up early.

Chanyeol looks down at the lack of the smaller’s respond. He takes a deep breath. “Well, I’ll go first. Have a nice sleep. Don’t stay up too late.” Again, smiling but does not reach his eyes. He turns around, leaving Baekhyun on his doorstep and moves his legs away from the smaller. Make his way to his own house. He had accompany Baekhyun till the doorstep by walking from the bus stop located a block away from Baekhyun’s house.

His shoulder slumped all the way to his own mansion. He had a thought that he would give up by the unresponsive Baekhyun throughout their so called date. While they were having their early dinner, he did all the conversation, he did all the talking and never once Baekhyun uttered a word. But now, he does know how the smaller coped with him who was unresponsive for their previous dates.

As soon as Chanyeol steps into his mansion, he is greeted by his own mother. “Chan, you’re back. Have you had dinner?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Yes.” Chanyeol answered curtly with no hint of smile nor frown.

Ever since the incidents with Byun’s family and the fighting, Mrs. Park had been aware of her son’s being. Just because she took Chanyeol’s life lightly, she did not know the whole stories of Chanyeol’s misery. The marriage of the Park was arranged and in the need of an heir, they had Chanyeol out of love, but forced to.

Chanyeol knew it since he was a toddler. He tried so hard to have his parents’ attentions but nevertheless, he was loveless. All he got was being spoiled by the maids and the butlers but it was never enough. Chanyeol wanted to feel the love from his parents. He wanted to be spoiled by his parents with overflowing love like anyone else in his school and not with money and the wealth they got. By the time he entered high school, he understands that rich people have the same fate, being an heir and heiress of big companies does not require the love from their parents. He understands all of it when he met Kim Jongdae, Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun.

The three of them had the same fate as him. They were being ignored by the parents. That was why they decided to just bully the weaklings. They believed that those who have loves from their parents are weak. They did not realize that they are the weak ones.

When Mr. Park, Chanyeol’s father, passed away, Chanyeol did not show any emotions, instead he just pay respect and acted like nothing had changes. Indeed, it does not change anything. The presence of Mr. Park in the household had no effect at all as Chanyeol proceeds with his life like always, without the presence of his father. He just needed to study hard and acquire the title of a Chairman in his father’s company.

As Mrs. Park saw her emotionless son when her husband died, she knew that they had raised their son in a wrong way. By then, she just did not know how to approach her son. Chanyeol just had to be so cold towards everyone else beside the maids, butlers, his friends and the driver. Even Mrs. Park was afraid. So, she just updated her son’s wellbeing by asking the maids every single day. Chanyeol did not have to know that.

But when she witnesses her son broke down while having the dinner meeting with the Byun family, she knew she had missed every single moment in Chanyeol’s life. While The Byun’s son getting well with his parents, she just realized that she was a bad parent for Chanyeol.

The moment she found out about Chanyeol getting in trouble with the street fights, she acknowledged that she was the worst. Now, she wants to mend all her doings and wanted to be a good parent. She wants to know every single things that happened in her son’s life. She wanted to be involved in every conversation that Chanyeol had. It’s hard. In the process for making her son open up to her was hard. The early stage, she just got a nod or shrug from Chanyeol and now only yes or no. It’s hard but she will not give up. She wants the best for Chanyeol before it was too late for anything.

“Chan, are you okay?” Mrs. Park tried again.

“Yes.” Yet, another curt answer from Chanyeol.

Mrs. Park was hurt but she will not show it to her son. She knew that Chanyeol had gone through a lot. She will not burden her son more with her problems. Problems in making him realized that he still has a mother to rely on, to lean on.

“Uh… well, go, take a shower and have a good sleep.” She gives a warm smile to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nods and makes his way to the stairs and proceeds to his room. Mrs. Park followed her son’s steps with her eyes and she let out a small sigh as soon as her son gone from her sight. “Madam, do you wanted to have dinner?” a maid, 49 years old maid, Kang Hyejin, asked.

“Another dinner without my son, huh?” Mrs. Park smiled brokenly. Hyejin just replied the smile with her own that looked sad too.

“He will come around. He is a nice boy. Well, he is not a boy anymore but he is still a sweetheart.”

“I missed a lot. I did not even bat an eyelash to him when he was a kid. He became a nice young man without my care. Thank you for taking care of him in my stead.” The both of them make their way to the dining table. Mrs. Park sits in one of the chairs. “Come. I really don’t want to eat alone this time. I am tired of waiting for my son to come around. I think… he hates me.”

“No, Madam. Don’t say that. He is a little awkward with you because he is not used with your presence around. Just a little bit more time, he will realize that you’re indeed changing for the better and moreover, for him. Don’t lose hope.”

“Maybe, if I didn’t ignore him while he’s growing, it won’t be like this. We will be very compatible. Last time we had a family meeting dinner with the Byun, I’ve been envious of their family friendliness. They could communicate with their son without much effort while me? I just went with my own decision without asking for his opinion. I let my own self controlling my one and only son.” Mrs. Park chuckled bitterly. “If I had known… I would drag him to the couch and open the conversation without pressuring him. I want to know his everyday event. I didn’t even know his social life. What kind of mother am I? Is it too late now? Is it too late to amend?” She looks at Hyejin with her glistening eyes. “It is, right?”

Unknown by the both of the ladies, Chanyeol had been standing on the stairs, listening to all of it with tears slide down on his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×

~Deleted Scenes~

The main door of The Unique Café rings, indicating for someone had entered. “Welcome…!” Minseok was speechless as soon as he turns around to greet the customer. The familiar customer.

“Uh… hi.” Jongdae smiles unsurely. He makes his way to the counter where Minseok is fidgeting while pursed his lips.

“Hi. May I take your order?” Minseok asks with his eyes glued to the cash machine in front of him.

“Hmm… can you recommend some for me?”

“Erm… My friend Lay could make the best iced caramel mocha latte but he’s absent today and my boss Suho-…”

“No… you… I wanted you to do it for me. I wanted something that you make. Please?”

“Uhm… I could do caramel cappuccino-…”

“Yes, yes, I’ll take them.”

“One?”

“Yes.”

“Anything else?”

“No… I’ll just take the drink.”

“To go?”

“Yes.”

“Name?”

“Chen.”

“Huh?”

“My so called nickname.” Jongdae grinned when Minseok looks up at him with a cute curious expression.

“Be ready in five.”

“Okay…”

Minseok turns around to make the drink while shivering a bit as he could feel a pair of eyes watching him doing work intently. As soon as he had done, he places the drink on the counter and Jongdae paid for the drink. Jongdae smiled for the last time before he reached for the drink and walks out of the café. He took a sip and smiled satisfyingly. This could be his most favorite drink of all the times.

~Deleted scenes ended~

✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×