012 We're Not Broken, Just Bent

We're not broken (just bent)

"Are you done, Chanyeol?" Mrs. Park's voice was heard so soft from outside of her son's room. The said son stood in front of the full body mirror. Inspecting his self. Eyes traced all over from the legs to body, to the face.

The face that seemed swollen with the crying he did every night. "I am. Wait for me downstairs." He said gruffly. It had been a week and a half since he last saw Baekhyun. The cold aura Baekhyun. The thought of him made Chanyeol's heart clenched yet again. Non-stop. Maybe this is the punishment for everything he did before. The betting on the nerds. The rejection he did on Baekhyun. The betrayal on his nerdy friends. It seemed hard to breathe nowadays for Chanyeol. To know that Baekhyun is not his anymore, that he will never be forgiven. 

He wore his black suit and white shirt, completed with black necktie. It was the day. The day that will surely made him regret afterwards. It also the day of his birthday. The day that he should forget Baekhyun.

Even though Baekhyun did the revenge on him. Even though Baekhyun deceiving him for the three months prior. Even though Baekhyun did hurt his heart greatly. He just cannot be mad at the smaller. He could not get angry or even hate Baekhyun for all of it. And surely enough, Baekhyun must be so angry and really hate Chanyeol that he had the revenge done. 

For now, Park Chanyeol believed that they are totally broken beyond repair. There is no way they will be back together. 

With the last touches of make-up to conceal the swollen red face, he made his way out of the the room, closed the door after and he walked down to greet his mother. "Mom." 

Mrs. Park looked up to Chanyeol and her heart hurted so much at the sight of her broken son. His eyes were glassy, nose was redder. With so much amount of make-up still could not hide the true feelings. The sadness just radiated from being so close with her son. Anyone just could tell that Park Chanyeol just had been brokenhearted without telling them verbally. 

"I'm sorry." The mother said as she got up from the couch. Hands reached up to Chanyeol's cheeks and rubbed the thumbs on them softly. "I hurted you." 

Chanyeol shook his head no as he used his weak will to give a small smile. "No, you're not. It's a fate." 

Mrs. Park gave her own small smile to make her son felt at ease. "I'm sure that your happiness will come and greet you soon. Just don't stop hoping." 

"I don't deserve any happiness, mom. I did so many mistakes in the past. The happiness-..." 

"You've changed, don't you? You've changed for the better. You're so much deserving all the happiness in this world, my son." 

"I..." Chanyeol chocked. "How could I be happy when the source of happiness had left me..." He trailed off.

"Chanyeol, believe me." Mrs. Park looked deep into his eyes to send the meaning of her words. 

Chanyeol looked away first. "Let's go. Don't want to make them wait, do we?" His voice cracked so much that made his mother cringed. He made his way to the front door but noticed that his mother did not following him. He turned around.

"I wish that I could tell you to not go tonight but I've promised them." His mother voiced out. There were more that Mrs. Park wanted to say but she shut before she spilled the beans. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows but before he could ask anything, his mother ushered him to go. "Let's go now." 

Mrs. Park ended up driving to the meeting place. Said that she did not want any accident occurred because of the miserable mind of Chanyeol's. Chanyeol agreed and sat on the passenger seat. The drive was silent because the mother knew that her son needed some time to cleared up his mind before the family meetings. 

Without realizing, the ride about thirty minutes had come to end. Chanyeol blinked his eyes and looked around. The meeting place had changed from before. The meetings with Baekhyun's family was in his mother's owned restaurant but today, it was one of another successful five star restaurant. By now, Chanyeol could feel his heart beating wildly against the ribcage. Somehow, he felt nervous all of the sudden. 

Swallowed the lump in his throat, he followed suit his mother who had been out of the car and waited for her son. The mother and son walked to the restaurant entrance together. The nerves in his body got the best of him that he had the urge to pee. Once his mother said that the other family had arrived and waited for them at the VIP section, he urgently told her that he needed to pee before meeting them. The mother chuckled a bit before he flee to the gents as his mother told him that she will be going first. 

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he made his way to gents after asking one of the waiter. Calming his heart was a bit difficult. As he neared the said place, the door opened abruptly and a guy that walked out of the gents had bumped on Chanyeol's chest. Shocked, Chanyeol took a step back. The bump was not that hard for them to fall down but it was surprising. The other guy looked up to Chanyeol and it seemed like the air refused to enter the latter's lungs. 

The eyes met. What is Baekhyun doing here, was what in Chanyeol's mind at the moment. Looking so ethereal, beautiful, pretty in that white suit with black shirt. Hairs pulled up, just like his own. Just what-...

"What are you doing here?" That velvety voices he had not heard for almost two weeks had cut his mind monologue. He almost forgot how to breathe. 

Before he answered, he needed the answer from Baekhyun first. "What are you doing here, Baekhyun?" He pressed the you in his voices. His eyes just wanted to give away that he felt overwhelmed after meeting the smaller but he just pressed down the urge. 

"I have my own family meetings with my upcoming marriage." For a moment, Chanyeol had his eyes wide open but then he had them closed as he in a deep breath. Catched a whiff of sweet cologne from the smaller along the way. 

"Oh." He answered. He opened his eyes back and looked into Baekhyun's cold ones. "Good luck then." He whispered before pushing Baekhyun aside so gently as he entered the gents. Closing the door lightly. He left the scene without looking back. What he missed was an evil smirk on Baekhyun's lips played dangerously wide as his eyes followed Chanyeol's figure until the taller was out of the sight.

Chanyeol stood in front of the sink as he stared at his glossy eyes in the mirror. He should not cry. He had the meeting to attend to. How hurt is was to know that his heart clenched tightly. How hurt it was to know that soon, his happiness slipped out of his hands. How hurt it was to be the one that receiving the cold treatment. He should be strong. Strong to face all the things in the future. Be it the loveless marriage, unhappy married life. He needed to face it.

After he had done with emptying his bladder, he walked out of the gents as he felt presentable. The walk to the VIP section was heavy but his mother had waited for him. Along the way, he tried to run his eyes to every corner of the restaurant, searching for Baekhyun for the last time. However, neither the sight of the smaller nor the smaller's parents could be found so he just proceeded to search for his mother. 

As he saw his mother talked with a smile on her face, he looked over to the family in front of her. That sight made his legs weakened. The tears started to prick on the edges of his eyes. Even though Chanyeol could only see their back, he just could tell. It's The Byun's. 

"Chanyeol." Mrs. Park called as she spotted him wobbly walked towards their table. She smiled heartily as if she knew it would happen. The family at the table turned around and when Chanyeol saw The Byun elders, they just smiled like his mother. However, when his sight fell on Baekhyun's, he gasped. The grin on the smaller was so wide, so beautiful. The pearly white teeth shown. 

Chanyeol gulped down the lump that gathered in his throat as the tears finally streamed down. He was out of words. "Wh-why...?" He voiced out as he reached the table. Hands limply hanging by his sides.

He did not know what he was about to ask. The throat closed up every now and then. Why The Byun sitting here with his mother? Why Baekhyun sat there with his smile on? What were they doing? How did this happen? Most of all, what is the meaning of all this? He wanted to blurted all the questions in his head but could not do so. His eyes just stared at Baekhyun's. 

Baekhyun got up from his seat before walking over to Chanyeol. Smile still on his lips. He reached for Chanyeol's arms and turned the taller to face him. Warily, the taller obeyed. Reaching up, he wiped the trails of tears on the wet cheeks. His eyes searching for something in Chanyeol's. The love that was hidden behind the sadness. "Hey, I don't want a crybaby as my husband. I needed a strong husband to console me when I cry." He smiled again as the tears did not seem to stop anytime soon. 

"You tricked me." Chanyeol cracked out a whisper. Almost inaudible. 

"Yes, I was." Baekhyun smiled smugly. "I've given hints here and there but you quickly assumed that I was really that cruel to hurt you. But then, I've got the idea and know what? It went well." 

"I hate you." Chanyeol said silently before realized that he said it out of the moment. His eyes widened before spluttered and stumbled over his words. "I... I meant-..." 

"I understand." The smaller smiled with his eyes smile. "And I love you too." The burn on the taller's cheeks were unbearable that he immediately blushed at the claim. 

"I... Uhh... Mom," he turned to his mother. "I needed a fresh air." He said quickly before walking out of the scene, leaving Baekhyun's hanged hands in the air. Baekhyun looked around to Chanyeol's retreating back. A fond smile adorned his lips. 

Baekhyun then turned to his parents and Mrs. Park. "I'll follow him. Please order anything for us." He then walked away after getting approval from the elderly. 

Walking out of the restaurant, eyes searching for the certain taller in the car park. As soon as his eyes landed on the said man, he walked towards him. The taller had his back leaning against his mother's car, hands covered his face. 

"Hey." Baekhyun greeted silently but still made Chanyeol jumped, surprised by the smaller's sudden appearance. 

"Hey." He answered after letting down his hands and slid into his pants pocket. Face did not had the will to look at Baekhyun. Unsatisfied, Baekhyun moved and stood right in front of him making him unable to discreetly avoiding eye contact. 

"Look at me and say something." Baekhyun demanded. Eyes playfully glaring to him. 

"Since when did you planned all of this?" With that, the smug smile came back on the smaller's face. 

"Since the date in Namsan."

"That long?!" Chanyeol was shocked. "B-but..." 

Baekhyun reached his right hand to Chanyeol's left hand. "I've given you hints. You remember at the cafe the other day?" Chanyeol frowned. Of course he remembered the moment of his breaking heart. "I've told you that the marriage proposal was the hint for you. For me. For us to end all of this. What I meant was, the end of our suffering. We should start a new and amend our mistakes to each other. Forgiving."

"But you said that we're not meant to be." Chanyeol said sadly. Feeling another wave of sadness pricked on his eyes.

"You didn't let me finish, you crybaby." Baekhyun chuckled. "What I wanted to say was, maybe we're not meant to be broken, Chanyeol." Now the fond smile was existing. "You've said yourself. We're not broken, just bent, weren't we?" 

The sudden surge of relief washed over Chanyeol's heart and he engulfed the smaller into his embrace tightly. "Yes, Baek. We were. We're good now." He felt the small arms wrapped around his waist after a while and smile came to his lips unconsciously and uncontrollably wide. 

They got their love back. 

What they needed to do now, they can learn to love again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×✓×

Hello, guys!!! This story come to an end! However! The end was just for ChanBaek! The love stories for their friends will continue in the drabbles that I will post after this so stay tuned for them. 

I'm sure that you guys are curious for HunHan the most other than KaiSoo and ChenMin but I'll write for all of them. Don't worry~~ 

Thanks a lot for your support throughout this story and patiently waited for this to end. 

Thanks to all the subscribers, upvoters and commenters. Love yah! ♥♥♪♥♥