Six

Eternal Love

 

 

A/N: Double update to make up for my absence. Enjoy!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, Won Sik climbs out of bed and walks to the bathroom. He washes up and changes into the clothes he was wearing yesterday. Then, he goes to the kitchen. His mom is making breakfast.

“It's almost done,” she tells him.

He sits down at the table and waits for his mom to serve him. When she does, he waits for her to eat before he eats. The scrambled eggs she made is too salty, but he doesn't say anything.

“I'm going home after this,” Won Sik says. “I still have some work to do.”

“That's fine. I have places I need to go today,” she replies.

After breakfast, he heads out the door, while his mom is in her room getting ready to go out.

“Bye, mom,” he says quietly.

She doesn't reply.

He slowly walks to his car and climbs in. Won Sik turns the car on and drives away.

“I'm just a mistake,” Won Sik says sadly, “I took away mom’s freedom.” He's driving down the highway. “If I'm just a mistake, what role do I have in this world?”

When he arrives at his apartment, he locks himself in his room. He lies in bed with his mother's words lingering in his mind: “No. You're just my responsibility. You're a mistake. Because of you, I never got to be what I wanted to be.”

A tear rolls down his eye, and he breaks down. Won Sik buries his head in the pillow and cries.

For the rest of the day, he never came out of his room. He just lied there. He didn't even go out to eat or drink.

The next day, he wakes up later than usual and heads to work.

“Where did you go,” Sung Yeol asks.

They are all in the office.

“I went to visit my mom” Won Sik replies. “She wasn't answering my calls, so I thought something happened to her.”

“Did something happen to her,” Dae Hyun asks.

“No. She just broke her phone,” Won Sik answers.

“Did you resolve your problem,” Dong Jun asks.

“No. I think I made it worse,” Won Sik replies. He tells them his conversation he had with his mom.

“How can a mother say that to her own child,” Jin Young asks.

“I'm just a burden,” Won Sik says.

“No you're not,” Sung Yeol says. “Without you, we wouldn't be here.”

“Yeah,” Dong Jun agrees. “You're the best boss and friend we ever had.”

“Don't think you're not needed because of one person,” Dae Hyun pauses. “Even if that person is your mom.”

“Yeah,” Jin Young agrees. “You matter to us.”

“Anyway,” Won Sik sighs. “Enough of this negativity. Let's get working.”

Everyone goes to their station and starts to work.

Won Sik opens his laptop and starts to look into new buildings. He wants to move his workers to a bigger building. They deserved it.

Weeks turn into months, and Won Sik finally finds a building worth buying. He takes the guys to the place and they are in awe.

“Dude,” Jin Young says. “Why didn't you tell us you were looking into buying a place.”

“This is my favorite one so far,” Won Sik says. “After we launch our new product, I'm planning to move us here.”

“Do we have enough money for this,” Sung Yeol asks.

“I didn't take money from our budget,” Won Sik says. “Don't worry, we can still launch our product and have some left to bounce off on.”

“Where did you get the money,” Dae Hyun asks.

“I took my own money out,” Won Sik says.

“You have money,” Dong Jun asks.

“I've saved some up,” Won Sik informs. “You guys shouldn't worry.”

“Did you pay for this already,” Sung Yeol asks.

“I did,” Won Sik says.

“Are you sure you can afford this?”

“Everything is fine. I'll save up from our next launch. You guys deserve this.”

“Thanks, Won Sik,” Dong Jun says. He pats Won Sik on the shoulder.

“A pat on the shoulder won't do,” Jin Young says. He walks up to Won Sik and gives him a hug.

Won Sik stands there flustered.

Pretty soon, they are having a group hug.

“Okay, guys,” Won Sik says. “Stop.”

But they hold onto him tightly.

“It's getting stuffy,” Won Sik says.

They break the hug.

“Do any of you know anyone who makes websites,” Won Sik asks. “I want to make a website for our store.”

“No,” Jin Young says. “Not that I know of.”

“What about that Ra Eun girl,” Dae Hyun says. “I heard that she made that blog by herself.”

Won Sik nods his head. “I'll give her a call then. Plus, I talked to the seller of this building already. We can move whenever we can.”

“Really,” Jin Young asks.

“I'll think it'll be better to move after the launch. That way, we don't misplace anything important. Like the sketch,” Won Sik suggests.

“Sounds good,” Sung Yeol agrees.

They head back to their current building and start to work again. As everyone is busy working, Won Sik goes outside to the back of the building and calls Ra Eun.

“This is Ra Eun from Pixel Pics,” Ra Eun says in a cheerful voice. “How may I help you.”

“Hello, Ms. Oh,” Won Sik greets. “This is Kim Won Sik.”

“Oh yes, Mr. Kim. How may I help you today?”

“I have a question for you.”

“Please go on.”

“Do you know how to make websites?”

“I do.”

“Can you come over to Classy Clicks and help me make one?”

“Ahh. You're planning to make one for the store?”

“Yes. Will you help me?”

“Of course! I'll be there tomorrow at noon.”

“Alright. Thank you. See you tomorrow.”

“Thank you for calling.”

Won Sik hangs up and goes back inside. He walks back to the office and notices that everyone is eating.

“Is this lunch,” Won Sik asks.

“Yes,” Dae Hyun says. “Jin Young bought lunch. Yours is by your laptop.”

“Thank you, but I'm not hungry.”

“What do you mean you're not hungry?”

“Did you eat breakfast,” Sung Yeol asks.

“No,” Won Sik replies. “But I don't have an appetite. You guys go ahead and enjoy.”

Won Sik sits down at his desk and starts to work. He doesn't even touch his lunch. Even when it is time to go home, his lunch is left untouched, and when he is home, he doesn’t eat anything either. He just takes a shower and goes straight to bed. However, he just lies there. He can’t sleep.

The next day at noon, Ra Eun comes by the shop like she said she would. She is carrying with her a big tanned bag.

Dong Jun guides her to the back.

“Umm,” Dong Jun starts.

“Is something wrong,” Ra Eun asks.

“Is Jin Hee doing well,” Dong Jun asks.

“Yeah. She is.”

“Good to know.”

“If you're wondering if she talks about you, she does everyday. She calls me and talks about you to me a lot.”

“Ahh. I see.”

Dong Jun opens the door for her.

“Thank you,” she says smiling. Ra Eun walks in and greets everyone with a smile. “Have you all been well?”

“Look who's here,” Jin Young says.

“Are you here for the website,” Dae Hyun asks.

“I am,” Ra Eun replies.

Won Sik packs his laptop and buttons his blazer.

“Let's go somewhere more quiet,” Won Sik suggests. He grabs his briefcase and walks over to Ra Eun.

“Sounds good,” she replies.

“I'll be back in a few hours,” Won Sik informs the guys.

“Have a safe trip,” Sung Yeol says.

When Won Sik reaches Ra Eun, he gestures for her to go to the door, but instead, she gives him a creepy smile.

“Is something wrong,” he asks her.

“Kim Won Sik,” she chirps.

“Yes,” he says confused. “That's my name.”

“It's me! Oh Ra Eun!”

“Yes. That's your name.”

“You don't remember me huh?”

“Why would I forget you when we met just a few months ago?”

“No. No. Not that.” She reaches into her purse and pulls out a pair of glasses. “You probably don't remember me since I don't wear glasses anymore, and my hair is longer.”

Won Sik watches as she puts on the glasses and pulls her hair up. The guys are watching as well. They've been listening to their conversation this whole time.

“Oh Ra Eun,” Ra Eun says. She has her glasses on. “From business class in college,” she says very boastful.

“Ahh,” Won Sik says after a pause. “Oh Ra Eun.” But he doesn't seem very excited. “You're Oh Ra Eun.”

“Yes,” she shouts. She lets go of her hair. “I never thought I'd see you again not like this.”

“Same. I thought I'd never see you again.”

“So what's going on,” Dae Hyun asks.

Won Sik turns around to face the guys. “Guys, this is Oh Ra Eun,” Won Sik introduces. “We were classmates in college.”

“Classmates in college,” Jin Young echoes.

“Small world,” Sung Yeol comments.

“Work hard,” Won Sik says.

He walks over to the door and opens it for Ra Eun.

“Thank you,” she says as she walks out.

Won Sik closes the door behind them. They walk to the store.

“Are you two heading out,” Dong Jun asks.

“Yes,” Won Sik answers.

“Have a safe trip.”

“Bye,” Ra Eun waves.

Dong Jun waves back.

“I know a coffee shop near by,” Ra Eun says. “Should we go there?”

“That sounds fine,” Won Sik replies. “We can go in my car.”

“Okay.”

They walk to Won Sik’s car. He unlocks it, and the first thing he does is open the door for her.

“Thank you,” she says. Ra Eun climbs in.

Won Sik closes the door, and then opens the back seat door and grabs the sweater and handkerchief. Won Sik closes the door and walks over to the driver’s side. He opens the door and climbs in before closing the door.

“Here you go,” Won Sik says handing her the sweater and handkerchief. “Before I forget, I'll give it to you right now.”

“You still have these,” she asks. Ra Eun takes them and puts them in her bag.

“Yes. I also washed them.”

“You didn't have to.”

“Are you talking about the coffee shop at the third intersection,” he asks her.

“Yes.”

“Okay. Put on your seatbelt.”

She does as she is told. He puts on his seatbelt too before he turns on the car and drive off.

At the coffee shop, Ra Eun orders a cup of coffee and a finger sandwich while Won Sik just orders tea.

“Do you not want anything,” Ra Eun asks.

“I'm not hungry,” Won Sik says. “I already told you the reason why I'm meeting up with you.”

“Yes.”

“I know that making a website is not your occupation, but I'm in need of one, and you're the only one I know who can make a website. Unless you're free, are you willing to make me a website? If not, can you direct me to someone who can make a website?”

“I can do it no problem.”

“Can you really? I'm willing to pay you. Just give me the price, and I'll give you the money.”

“You don't have to. I'm willing to do this for free.”

“Really?”

The waiter puts the items they order in front of them.

“Thank you,” the both of them say.

“Enjoy,” the waiter says.

Won Sik takes his tea and takes a tiny sip. He sets the tea aside and starts speaking again. “Are you sure you want to do this for free?”

“Yes. I'm fine with it.” She takes a bite out of the sandwich. “Just think of it as helping a friend out.”

“Okay, but it doesn't make sense for you to do this for free. Making a website takes a lot of time.”

“That's okay. I'm willing to do this for a friend.”

“Well, okay. Thank you.” He isn't sure why she's acting like this. They only had that one class together, so why is she acting like she's known him for so long?

“First,” she takes a sip of her coffee. “I'm going to need more pictures. I can use the ones I already have, but I'm want new ones as well.”

“I figured. Plus, we're moving buildings.”

“You are?”

“Yes. You're going to need a picture of the new building right?”

“Definitely!”

“We can go to the building and take some pictures, but we haven't moved anything in yet. It'll be better to go take pictures after we move in.”

“When are you planning to move in?”

“In about three months after we launch our next project.”

“Making a website will take longer then that.”

“That doesn't matter. As long as we have the website.”

“Alright.” She takes another bite of the sandwich. “Will you take me to see your new building,” she asks after she chews. “So I don't have to keep calling you when I have time to take pictures.”

“Of course. Finish your sandwich.”

After she does, Won Sik pays for the bill, and takes her to see the new building.

“It's nice,” she says.

They are standing outside.

“You have an eye for buildings,” she continues.

“Thank you,” he replies.

“May I go see the inside?”

“Of course.”

He unlocks the door.

They walk in, and she looks around.

“Do you have an idea of what you want this place to be like,” she asks.

“I do,” he replies. “There's already a cash register there on the table,” Won Sik points to the table sitting in a corner on the far left of the room. “so of course the register will be there. I'm going to ask the guys to bring in the display cases and we'll set them around the middle. Back here,” he says walking to the door on the far right of the store. “Is where the work will be done.”

“Can we go look?”

“Follow me.” He leads her to the door and opens it. She walks in, and he follows. It's a long hallway with three doors on the left and two doors on the right. “The first door on the left here will be for Dae Hyun. The room is spacious, so he'll have enough room to make the heels. The first room on the right will be for Sung Yeol. It's smaller in size and he doesn't need a lot of room to draw the heels. The second room on the left will be for Jin Young. Since he manages our money, and this room seems like it is secure, he'll take this room. The second room on the right will be my room, and the last door is just a bathroom for us to use.”

“What about that door,” Ra Eun asks pointing to the door that is sitting in the center of the wall.

“That's the back door. If anything were to happen, the guys and I will go out this door. It is always locked from the outside”

“Sounds like a plan.”

“Thank you.”

He leads her out of the back.

“The door behind the counter is a storage room,” Won Sik adds. “And if you look over there.” He points to the opening right across the door that leads to the back. “That's the bathroom for customers.”

Ra Eun looks at the sides to see that their are emergency doors even for the customers.

“This place seems like a very good place,” she says.

“Thank you, but I'm not planning to have the guys stay here. I want them to move to an even bigger place.”

“You seem like a very nice boss. If I was your employee, I would definitely stay with you until the end.”

“Thank you,” he says flustered. “Is there anything else you need or want to ask.”

“No. If anything, I'll give you a call. Oh. I do need your permission though. Can I come here to take pictures anytime I want?”

“After we move in, then you can come whenever you want.”

“Thank you.”

“Are we done for today?”

“It's seems like it.”

“Fantastic. Are you hungry? I'll treat you to a late lunch as a thank you for helping me.”

“Lunch sounds great.”

They walk out of the building, and Won Sik locks it.

“Is there anything in particular that you want to eat,” he asks.

They walk to his car.

“Anything,” she asks hopeful.

“Yes. I'll pay.”

“Alright then.”

He unlocks his car, and they climb in.

“I want pork belly and some pork cutlets,” she says.

“Okay.”