Tipsy

Book II: Drunk

1 month after that fateful night...

The place was packed with people dancing, laughing, and drinking. He could feel the bass of the hip-hop music pounding on his chest, while he walked towards the twins' VIP table. "Yah Sungjae! You made it!", Youngmin shouted over the loud music. "Thanks for inviting me guys", Sungjae said while giving him a high five.

"We always invite you, pabo! You just never show up." Kwangmin retorted as he handed Sungjae a shot of soju. He downed it in one go, making the twins howl in unison to cheer him on. "Someone's ready to party!" Jackson screamed while dancing to the beat with his bottle raised. Sungjae felt exhilarated with the the atmosphere, the music and all the booze. Not to mention the company of his friends who never ran out of stories to tell and shots to go around. 

As much as he didn't want to admit it, he missed his fellow 95-liners. They know how to give him a good time. They also know how to avoid the topic of Joy and their breakup. Yeah, he knew that they knew. News and gossip spreads pretty fast in the idol world. He didn't care, though. What mattered for him was the moment, and how that dance floor was calling to him.

It wasn't long before he completely declined the shot glasses handed to him. Instead, Sungjae started drinking off of the bottle. Before he knew it, he was the center of attention...around the twins' VIP table, and on the dance floor. Everybody laughed wildly at his jokes and banters. Girls literally lined up to dance with him.

This became a weekend habit of his. He became the life of the party. His friends soon memorized how his night would go, from being tipsy to slurring, and complete drunkeness. And after all the drinking and dancing, not a word nor rant about Joy and the breakup came out of his mouth. Not once.

------

The rest of the BTOB members couldn't complain about his new formed habit. Sungjae always lived up to his discipline when it came to work and performances. They knew what he had just gone through, and were actually glad that he was taking it lightly. Of course, there's always one who had a different gut feel about it. His hyung, Changsub, worried that he was way too okay.

Occasionally, all the members would just hang out in one of the dorms and chill, have a few drinks while singing to random songs Hyunsik or Peniel played on the guitar. Sungjae almost always ended up being wasted the most. A few times, Changsub would hint on the topic of Joy in their drinking conversations. Being the witty maknae that he is, Sungjae never failed to dodge the topic.

This was what worried Changsub the most. What he didn't know was that as soon as Sungjae closes the door to his room, thoughts he'd been avoiding and masking with humor and alcohol haunted him, regardless of his drunken state.