Intoxicated

Book II: Drunk

Three doors flew open as soon as a loud noise of glass shattering was heard from the living room. Eunkwang was the first to get there. He stood frozen, while Hyunsik and Changsub ran from behind him. A high-pitched laugh was heard as soon as all three hyungs stared at Sungjae in disbelief.

"Eunku...Eunkwung...Eunkwang-hyung! You should sh... sheen your face! It'sh like in that...that movie...whoa! Scary! Like that horror movie!" Sungjae slurred while laughing in between his sentences. He was kneeling between their L-shaped couch and coffee table. In front of him were shards of glass of what used to be a bottle of soju. Six more empty bottles were scattered behind him.

"What the hell, Sungjae?!" Changsub scolded. Eunkwang lightly elbowed Changsub and said, "Tone down, Changsub-ah."

"Hyung! He locked himself up in his room all day without eating! He avoids talking to any of us. Now he drinks in the middle of the night and has the nerve to disturb us with this?!" Changsub berated.

"Yah! Shtop! Don't talk back to Eunkwang-hyungie. Sharanghaeyo, Eunkwang-hyung!" Sungjae answered back. "Look who's talking, pabo!" Changsub retorted.

"Enough." Hyunsik said flatly. This silenced everyone. "Hyung, I'll clean up here. You and Changsub-hyung can put him to bed. Let's talk to him in the morning when he's sober," he instructed Eunkwang.

"Aish! This kid, jinja!," Changsub complained. 

"Sungjae-ah, kaja," Eunkwang said as he stretched out his arm to reach Sungjae.

"Aish! Forget it! I'm not a kid, hyung." Sungjae flailed his arm from Eunkwang's reach. "I can go  by myshelf and..." He forced himself to stand up too quickly, causing his vision to suddenly spin. Sungjae didn't get to finish his sentence as he fell out of balance. The three hyungs were far from reach, as Sungjae hit his head on the side of the coffee table. A loud and dull thud was heard once he hit the floor.

"Sungjae!" Changsub called out as he rushed to his side. He grabbed Sungjae's head to turn and face him. Eunkwang saw how Changsub froze seeing blood on his hand.

"Changsub, move aside. Call our manager to get a doctor here. Hyunsik, get a towel to stop the bleeding," Eunkwang directed calmly. "Nae!" The dongsaengs said in unison.

------

"Sungjae-ah..."
His consciousness was awakened at the sound of his name being called out by the sweetest voice. He kept his eyes closed. "Wake up, pabo. What are you doing to yourself?" He forced himself to open his eyes when he realized that the sweet voice was that of Joy's. Sobbing.

He could only manage to slightly flutter his eyes open momentarily. A blurred image of a crying angel welcomed him. She's here. My aegi's here, he thought. Against his will, his eyes closed and he fell back to unconsciousness.