Disillusion

Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8

Disillusion

 

 

Kyuhyun battled with the idea for weeks.

 

He wasn’t sure if he should carry it out. He had been getting along with Siwon lately and their awkwardness dissipated with time. They greeted each other during shared activities and Siwon treated him kindly. This improvement made Kyuhyun hesitant to plan a party for the man’s upcoming birthday.

 

The party he envisioned was going to be small and intimate and held at the dorms. But he didn’t want the event to be a reminder of how Siwon should have celebrated his birthday two months ago. Kyuhyun convinced himself that he had forgotten what happened that day. He didn’t want to make Siwon uncomfortable, especially since their relationship had been regaining its normalcy.

 

He ended up carrying out his plan. The party was modest, held at the 12th floor dorm. It was a late night celebration, on the eve of Siwon’s birthday. The attendees included the rest of the members and two managers, who permitted the consumption of two champagne bottles for that occasion only. Kyuhyun had moved the furniture around and decorated the living room slightly, with the help of others. The highlight of the celebration was the multiple birthday cakes, one especially made by Kyuhyun, although he disguised the fact to the rest of the members saying it was his mother’s making.

 

Siwon was fixated on the homemade cake and had a very clear idea of who made it, mainly because he read the cute blue icing that read “Happy Birthday, hyung.” He was ecstatic the entire night. He mostly stayed by Kyuhyun’s side, continuously whispering gratitude to the party planner and secret baker. Kyuhyun smiled the entire night too, clapping himself on the back for a job well done. It almost felt like it was his birthday too.

 

Just before midnight, Siwon asked him if they could have a word privately, away from the others, on the balcony.

 

“Did you get me a present?” he heard Siwon whisper from behind him as they stepped onto the balcony. It was a cold April night and Kyuhyun hugged his coat tighter around himself and turned to face Siwon. A charming grin accompanied Siwon’s question. The kind Kyuhyun couldn’t resist.

 

He bit his lower lip to stop himself from grinning back and nodded in acknowledgement at the expectant Siwon.

 

“Well…” Siwon smirked and moved closer to him. One of his elbows resting on the railing. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes. “Can you return it?”

 

Unsure of where this line of questioning was going, Kyuhyun decided to entertain Siwon, “You don’t even know what it is.”

 

Siwon had his reply ready, “I actually want something else from you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter