Contact

Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6

Contact 

 

 

A funeral house was the last place Siwon wanted to be. Especially then. Especially because it was the funeral of someone he dearly loved. Someone who adored him wholeheartedly.

 

He stood solemnly at the entrance of the hall, holding his niece's hand, as she clung to his side, looking dejected. They were impeccably dressed in black. Too well dressed for the sad occasion, but that was the way of his family; stiff faces, hidden emotions, and formal exchanges. He wondered what his grandmother would think if she could see them.

 

He felt the little girl tug at his hand conjuring his attention but he was too dazed to pay her any. His eyes too busy staring ahead, his face impassive. He noticed someone kneel down next to them to talk to her.

 

Siwon was only a little surprised to see Kyuhyun, trying to make conversation with the shy girl, who looked back at him cautiously while hiding behind her uncle. When Kyuhyun extended his hand to her, she took it and held on to it. Kyuhyun noticed Siwon staring at him and he stood up to face him, the little girl’s hand remained in his.

 

They weren’t given time to chat as an elderly woman, who appeared to be related to Siwon, pulled at his arm, urging him to follow her. Siwon stared down at his niece for a moment wondering whether to leave her or take her along. Kyuhyun made the decision for him and told him that he and the little girl will spend some time together. Siwon was relieved but didn’t have much time to express his gratitude.

 

Even in his grandmother’s absence from this world, Siwon realized he had to continue to fulfill the role of the grandson. He found himself forced to stand by his father’s side and bid farewell the masses that came to the funeral. He hated pretending to be unaffected on such a day.

 

He found himself yearning for Kyuhyun for the remainder of the funeral. Somehow, he felt Kyuhyun was the only source of comfort in his vicinity. Even if he had deliberately avoided this comfort for weeks.

 

Since their last conversation, Siwon had a hard time denying two truths. One was that he was absolutely, uncontrollably himself in front of Kyuhyun. That truth didn’t sit well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter