Confirmation

Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10

Confirmation 

 

 

Siwon left him daily handwritten notes.

Often with flowers of different color, in case the notes were not enough, because he knew from visiting Kyuhyun’s childhood room that he liked flowers, and even kept dried ones. It was an old-fashioned, sentimental gesture he hoped the younger would appreciate.

 

He left them in his dorm room when he wasn’t there. He knew the younger needed space and he was trying his best to respect that space, but he had to do something.

 

The notes started out brief.

 

“I hope you like these flowers.”

 

“I am trying to think of all the things I should have done.”

 

“I am sorry.”

 

“I am really sorry.”

 

They become more elaborate as Siwon started to lay his heart out on paper. Which proved difficult at first.

 

“I’ve hurt you like I’ve never hurt anyone else, and ironically, I know it's because I care about you more than I’ve ever cared about anyone else.”

 

“I can’t say I am a better man with you, because around you I am a moron (my true self), but you definitely make me want to be better.”

 

Kyuhyun kept every note. Even the apologetic ones, which he hid at the bottom of a drawer. The rest he kept near his bed. He also kept the flowers and put them in glass cups around the room and when he had no room left and no more cups, he placed them around the dorm in jars.

 

The notes and flowers surprised him. Frightened him. He read every note carefully, fearing that it was going to be the one that destroys him. He convinced himself that Siwon was going to break his heart again and that these notes were his way of laying him down easy. He believed so until one fateful note arrived. A note he reread too many time; a note he never thought he would receive.

 

“Hey, dongsaeng… I love you.”

 

It was almost too good to be true, but the notes didn’t stop there.

 

“You remember how I told you before that I have yet to meet a man who deserves you? Don’t look for that man. I want to be that man.”

 

“You may think that cupid hit you first, but I think he hit us both at the same time, he just hit my skull and it took my thick head awhile to realize it.”

 

“Kyuhyun, can’t you forgive me?”

 

“I know I deserve this silence. But. You. Are. Killing. Me.”

 

“Kyuhyun, go out with me.”

 

“Please give me a chance. Tell me I am not too late.”

 

“Please.”

 

This went on for days and the notes became harder to ignore. As much as Kyuhyun looked forward to them, he a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter