Discovery

Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7

Discovery

 

 

He was there to make amends.

 

He straightened his back and adjusted the box in his hands before ringing the doorbell to Kyuhyun’s house. His parents’ house. Something his niece said at the funeral resonated with him deeply; he too wanted to spend more time with Kyuhyun. He knew he had been nothing but awful to the younger lately, and although he hadn’t forgiven himself for the way he acted, Kyuhyun seemed to want them to get over it.

 

Kyuhyun’s mother unlocked the door and beamed as soon as she recognized him. He apologized for showing up at an early hour, coming unannounced and possibly disturbing her time with her son. She ushered him into the house kindly. He extended the box of chocolates he brought with him and was awarded with a warm hug accompanied by a string of compliments. She told him Kyuhyun wasn’t awake yet and she agreed when he asked her if he could wake him up.

 

The first thing Siwon noticed when he walked into the younger’s childhood bedroom was how it smelled: sweet, crisp, and oddly lacking the stalliness of sleep. The second thing he noticed was Kyuhyun's sleeping figure, curled on his side, one cheek adorably squished by the pillow, his lips slightly parted. He wasn’t a peaceful sleeper, Siwon could tell from the state of the comforter. However, the ruffle of Kyuhyun’s wavy hair, his soft but audible breathing, and his sleeping position made him look years younger. Almost too young to have endured Siwon’s treatment.

 

Before he could stop himself, Siwon bent close to the sleeping figure and lightly pecked the corner of his lips.

 

He had never been more stunned by his own actions. He pulled away as soon as his brain registered the touch of their lips. Kyuhyun did not wake but he frowned and groaned slightly in his sleep. Siwon stood frozen for a few seconds, looking intently at the sleeping figure, with alarm. He rubbed the nape of his neck trying to ignore his quickening heartbeat and prickled skin.

 

He moved away from the bed, deciding he didn’t want to wake Kyuhyun yet, at least not before he cleared his mind. The room was almost completely dark if not for the light streaming through the door Siwon left ajar. His eyes roamed the room as he moved quietly from one end to another, taking in the younger’s personal belongings.

 

He noticed that Kyuhyun’s room was artfully personalized. He kept books, comics and music albums stacked neatly on shelves but surrounded them with small knick knacks, figurines, and souvenirs. The wall above his desk had space for holiday cards and some fan letters. One corner of his room had a small piano and a set of headphones and another corner had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter