The Discovery

Small Town...Big Hearts

Jennie's Pov

'Let the day begin' I thought as I stood from my bed and went straight to shower and my thought process began remembering yesterday's scenes. After the delivery people came and brought me and Lisa's stuff, so we can start getting new ideas from this cozy town.

To be honest.. at first, I was very suspicious of this town's aura and people they all seem abnormally happy and just a town with everybody basically knowing each and everyone around unlike, the city where your real friends are nearly inexistent, except when you find yourself someone who will ways hold you and help you stand in that horrible city full of worthless, selfish, jer--

"JEEENIEE get ready we're leaving the house sooon"  'Lisa is awake? since when' as far I remember I woke around 5'o clock and Lalisa doesn't usually wake around this time. I kept questioning my memory of a couple of moments ago, which was slowly fading as I quickly leave the shower and started wearing some shirt I pulled and jean.

I turned to see the clock and realized it was already 8'o clock. I sighed as I remember what I usually daydream about. I still can't believe it and now it has been five years, since his death, I really hope I find someone who makes me smile like that idiot.

"JEEEEN OPEN THE DAMN DOOR, BEFORE I BREAK IT ON YOUR HEAD!" That idiot is really getting on my nerves and when I unconsciously began looking at our photo together. 'That idiot Vincent'

I turned away from the photo and straight to the door, which was getting abused by the hand of a blonde giant.

I turned the knob to see her smiling like an asylum patient and actually that offensive to them I meant strange creature.

"C'mon let's go and meet more people so I can have more contacts on my new phone" Lisa interlock our arms and when we left the building she went to the same we took yesterday, which meant she misses a certain strawberry blonde girl who happens to be standing right in front of us!

I was shocked when I noticed her standing right here when I was just thinking about her a moment ago.

"Hi guys...oh and hi Lisa" She greets both of us with a wave and why does Lisa get her own 'hi'.

"Hi Roseanne, we actually came for breakfast, so are you available" 'Did this idiot just ask Chaeyoung out and this monkey forgot about my existence because I will color her hair black and cut her bangs as revenge'

"W-what did you say?" She asked with complete shock and I am as well.

"Is your restaurant available?" Lisa asks Rosè and her confidence is lowering to the ground by the second as she can't face her any longer and her cheeks are reddening.

"Oh that..haha yes its always open come on in" She mentions and we follow her to the restaurant and sat by the window because the view is amazing now.

"Here are your menus, if you need anything you can ask me immediately" She hands out the menus and we began reading it.

The menu was simple and classy, and busy according to the people surround us and I think this facility is owned by her family, this explains why it has a family feel to it. As I raise my head from the menu, I notice Lisa is staring at me with a strange expression and I turned to see a young woman with round glasses, which is a trend right now is glaring at us as if we hurt someone she loves.

"Yes?" I asked and she is still glaring at me.

"Who are you?" She asks with a stern voice and younger girl, who I think is a high schooler based on her uniform is vacantly staring at us expressionless.

"Kim Jennie and my friend is Manoban Lalisa" I answer her and her expression changed to something else.

"Your Kim Minwoo's granddaughter..right the businessman? " She asks as she seats herself between us and that girl is still staring at us.

"Yes I am his granddaughter is there a problem with that?"

"Well...I wanted to thank him when I graduated from high school because he was the one who sent me to a great school and helped and a lot of town's folks" She was happy as she mention that, but I was shocked from that, because I remembered how ruthless my grandpa was to his own children and yet be kind to strangers.

"Jennie this like a sign-" Lisa mentions, but I couldn't believe anything.

"What did you mean my grandpa helped the town's people..have any of you met my him?"

The woman looked shocked and that girl gave the same expression as the older woman. "Jennie what do you mean by those words?! your grandfather was a great man who loved to help" Another older woman appeared and I thinks she kinda resembles her daughter Rosè. 

I scoffed before I explained "That man was ruthless to his own children and mistreated them like there nothing and I really don't know why he came to this town "

"Young Kim, your grandpa was the main reason why our town keeps getting more and more popular with tourists" Another man joined in the conversation.

"Oh, so my grandpa was a hero huh?"

"You're just like your other family members aren't you?" An old lady appeared out of nowhere and said something I couldn't believe.

"Your grandpa was a great man, who regretted his decisions and mistakes he did, so he wanted a new began and we gave him that...There was a woman he loved and began having an affair behind his wife's back... and he left and didn't come back ever again" The woman began tearing up and I quickly realized she's the woman who he cheated with behind our family.

"You know...we were searching for you around the world to get revenge on what he has done?" I said expressionlessly.

"She died before she can talk to him about it and for him to confess..my grandmother literally died because of a broken heart" I gave a broken smile.

"Jennie your grandpa regretted our relationship and everything he has done and began using most of the money he had to help our town, this is why we love him and couldn't believe someone from his family is here" She smiles by the end.

"My family harassed this town because we own a very large land here and everybody was selfish" I knew what my family, but the documents are accesible unless someone finds the document's holder.

"Please Jennie don't be like your other family members" She pats my back and leaves.

The atmosphere returns the same soon after, but the two woman are still watching me "I am Bae Joohyun, but you can call me Irene and this Kim Yerim and sorry for the horrible attitude moments ago" She smiles and goes outside the café and Rosé appears out of nowhere and which makes me think 'Is town full of magicians and wizards, because that will be the only explanation for them to keep appearing out of nowhere'