The Clock Is Ticking

Small Town...Big Hearts

Jennie's POV

We kept looking around to make sure, we have arrived to our destination. The streets were dark, empty and the dusty weather wasn't helping us either.

"Are you sure this the right place Jen" Lisa sighed and kept staring at me, while I was driving. She looked bored, but full of excitement, because she wants to meet everybody in this town, since she is a very friendly person.

"Yeah it says we  are close" I couldn't help, but feel nervous, since I will be leaving the nest and will be living alone with lisa.

This town was recommended by my grandfather, who used to live in this city and mentioned this place is the best place to relax and think in peace. I turned to my side to see Lisa hugging her minion plushie hard as if it's protecting her from something 'She is really a kid' which this view caused me chuckle a bit, but I still needed to focus more on the road.

30 minutes later~

We have finally reached the apartment that I rented, it was small, but I am really too tired to care and as long as it was good for the both of us. I woke Lisa and after a couple of strange sounds and mumblings she finally woke up and we started to take our bags out of the car and we both stopped in our tracks and Lisa looked behind me, since we heard footsteps behind us. The look lisa gave me, end up make handing me goosebumps and chills up my spine, because her pupil dilated out fear.

"Well hello ladies....." It seems like an old lady was talking to us and her voice kept increasing the chills that are literally shaking my bones and I turned to face her and answer her, but nothing was coming out of my mouth.

The maknae decided to take the lead and answered the other woman "We-ll e-hello..we are new to the neighbourhood and I am Lalisa and the the person who is with me is..-" She nudged at my ribs and gave me a threatning 'you better talk' look

"Oh I am sorry...I..am Kim jennie" I smiled at the old lady and she gladly returned it with a smile towards both of us.

"Nice to meet both, but actually I am your landlord Ms.Kim and Ms.Manoban, and this year's rent has been paid..so your only bills are your electric and water bills" Both shocked of the amounts of words that came pouring out of and how much of a straight-forward person she is.

And she shocked us once again "Oh how rude of me!! I am Ms.Lee your landlord and the owner of this building and the apartments and buldings by the sea"She said with excitment and big smile. 'Damn..how rich is this woman?' But she Iooked like a normal person, rather than a rich person. I thought this city has only a couple of buildings and small house. She interuptted my thoughts and woke lisa for the second time, because she her head is get lower and lower by the minute and she might sleep on the street.

"Come on girls!.I will take to your room..and Yunmin you better come here and help these girls!!!"She shouted the last part and young boy comes running to take our backs and ends up tripping and facepalming the ground right in front of Ms.Lee. The moment the boy named Yunmin met her the eyes of the fuming lady, he stood up and took our bags even though our bags were just two and not that heavy which caused us to chuckle a bit..

We followed her to the second floor and she asks a couple of questions such as, where is the rest of our belongs and Lisa explained to her that rest is coming to tommorow, and if we were dating, which we both rejected without sparing each other's feelings, and if we have families, which we both told her a bit about our families.

"Here you go..this is your apartment" She opened the door to reveal a small and simple room, which is seems good from our point of view. She told us about a couple of things like rules and such. There were two rooms, one living room, and two bathrooms, which was a great choice.

We thanked the lady after talking about all of that and Lisa was so tired she could faint from exhaustion, since we started preparing from 3AM in the morning out of excitement  and just reached the place at 2'o clock of the next morning. We send our farewells and goodbye to her and we each went to our rooms, without even opening a single bag and sleeping with these clothese instead of our Pjs