Chapter 1

Familiar Strangers

Kai could finally open his eyes after the fifth try. He  was still tired because of all those work related stress. He didn't had the energy to get up, instead he just kept laying down looking at the ceiling as if he was looking at a very abstract piece of work in a gallery. Millions of thoughts were rushing in his head without his consent, he quickly became irritated due to his inability to stop those thoughts. His pasts, his present, his future........it was intolerable by now. Kai quickly got up and reached for his phone to check the time. He was shocked by the display picture, it was all pink and glittery, the kind of theme Kai hated the most.

 

"Oh god! What is this!  Must be Chanyeol hyung, he really knows how to get on my nerves. Let me call him!"

 

As soon as he tried to search Chanyeol's number in the contact list, he soon realized there isn't a single person in the contact that he knows. Kai soon checked the mobile completely, most of the apps were not familiar. At that moment Kai finally realized what actually happened. Due to drinking too much last night at Mr. Jaewan's party, he accidentally took the wrong mobile, probably both of the sets were of same model.

 

Kai felt extremely helpless. He was worried about his important phone calls which can make or break business deals if not taken care of properly. He wanted to do something as soon as possible, he couldn't even contact Mr.Jaewan, not even the owner of the phone. 

 

The room was still dark. The phone buzzed all of a sudden, bright light flashed on Kai's face.

 

"a new message has arrived"

 

The contact was saved as 'Sweet disaster'.Kai wasn't sure if he should check the message or not. Can be something very personal. The sender can be a way to reach the owner, he thought. So he decided to check the message anyway.

 

"Hey Myuna! Going to see you after a long long time!  How was your trip to Japan? Did you hear what happened to Hana? I've a lot to tell you! :') But first tell me darling what you'd like to eat today? I'll cook anything you'd like. Take care sweet pumpkin! My sunshine <3"

 

Kai finished reading the text with a disgusted expression as he wasn't used to such words of affection. 

 

"Sweet Pumpkin?!, I wonder what's so special about that"

 

Suddenly a wicked thought crossed his mind. He wasn't sure what's the relationship between them or the gender of a person who's name is saved as 'Sweet disaster'. Without thinking much he started to type:

 

"What about Wasabi cake? Can you make that for me? It is extremely popular in Japan. Just add wasabi paste on cake batter until it turns green. I heard it has nutritional values out of this world! "

 

Kai hit send button as soon as he finished typing. He waited for a few minutes but there was no reply. The fun ends here, he thought. But the phone did the same sound as before and there was a reply.

 

"Anything for my cupcake! <3 your taste buds has gone wild :'D"  

 

Kai decided it was enough, shouldn't go any further. He quickly went to have a quick bath.

"That was fun! I wonder what will be Ms or Mrs Myuna's reaction"

After the bath Kai felt really hungry. There wasn't anything to eat and he was too lazy to go outside and eat. Since his Chanyeol hyung cooks for him every day, he never had to think about breakfast lunch or dinner. Everything is prepared and served daily, he just has to sit down and eat,but today.....nothing. He was soo hungry that he would not think twice before eating that wasabi cake. Then he finally found some biscuits which he never thought he will touch in his life ever. Then started thinking how to get his phone back.