THE REASSUREMENT

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THE REASSUREMENT

 

IV. The Scientist

 

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

 

GD rests his back on the big armchair in his studio, at the same time he peeked on the couch in the corner of the room, couch where CL usually sleeping when she’s waiting for him, couch when he usually steal sometime between his works to snug into her and just stayed there for a few minutes, absorbing her scent to get another energy to finished all the workload.

He amazed of how CL never complained if she has to accompanying him working for hours while she knew GD wouldn’t talk to her during that time. GD think back and realized he never do the same for her, he always have something else to do when CL trapped in the studio.

“I miss her…” he whispers to himself.

 

-

 

in the other hand, CL is just finished cooking a simple dinner for herself, however, she needs to fuel herself, its been weeks that she feels like her body getting thinner. Then she remember seeing GD few days a go, he’s skinnier than ever.

“Eat…” she murmured, she always so strict about meal, she knew GD would likely skip meals when he’s busy, she really want to ask him to eat.

“Whatever…” she shook her head.

Her food has no taste, not because she’s bad at cooking but her tongue is numb, her brain is numb, her heart is numb… tears falling through her cheek, down to the corner of her lips.

“Why he’s so mean?” she cried.

But then flash of memories came and hit her, one memory on GD’s mom birthday.

 

-flashback-

“OMG oppa, ain’t eomunim birthday yesterday??’ CL just checking her phone calendar when he met GD at the company.

“Yup.”

“OMG I forgot to call her!!” she got panicked. “Where was i??”

“Studio recording?” GD said.

“Oppa! Why don’t you remind me…” she pout.

“Well, you’re busy, but I told mom that I was on call with you and you said happy birthday.”

“Aww… thank you for saving me.” She grinned, “Can I call her now?’

“Sure.” He shrugged.

“Eomuniiim~ happy birthday… yes I was busy… yes… yes I called oppa… of course I won’t forget…” CL peek on GD and he smirked.

-end of fb-

 

Chaerin sighed.

And the chocolate cake on her birthday. Knowing the fact that him as the man who never get enough sleeps drove along the street in his car alone, drawing so much attention from people because GDragon, biggest kpop star, looking for cake for his girlfriend.

“Wasn’t it an effort, Chaerin?” she asked herself. “He could came straight from his house to here with no cake and he could just asked his manager to search it for him.. but he didn’t…”

Her hands trembling. All that she does was counting on how many times he was absent, she never count on the time he’s there for her, the distance he’d travelled when they’re miles away, just to see her, just to let her know that he missed her.

“I miss him…” she whispers to herself.

 

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

 

Today is the day of 2ne1 comeback, all members and most of YG family artists gathered at a restaurant owned by Yang Hyun Suk sajangnim—except for GD of course, he’s probably partying with models from the fashion show in Milan.

2ne1 celebrate the moment their comeback MV up online, at the same time YG announce 2ne1 worldtour will start soon.

Suddenly a figure came through the door, GD and his manager.

“Thought you’re in Milan.” Sajangnim welcomed him. CL knew sajangnim knew something’s going on between her and GD but he’s closing his eyes tight.

He smiles, he took of his coat, left him in sweater and thick shawl, he didn’t wear any hat and face mask, his face showing thin facial hair.

He turned and caught CL’s staring at him. She’s turn away when he walks there.

“Congratulation, girls.” He said. The three other members nodded and smiled while CL busy looking at the grills.

“Chae.” He said.

She lifted her head.

“Mind to accompanying me smoking outside?” he asked.

 

She followed him in silence, all eyes on them.

“Smoke now, it’s really cold in here.”

GD gave her his coat. “Wear it.”

“No need.” She look down on her feet.

“Congrats for the album.” He wrap his coat around CL.

“Yes.” She nodded, “thanks for coming, though you should be in Milan right now…”

“Yeah…”

CL look away.

“I sent Sonhoo and Jieun noona, I personally called every designer and tell them I’m sorry.”

“Why you do that? They probably will think that you’re rude.” CL scoffed, “you know how difficult it is to get their invitation, and that invitation means an open links.”

“Who am I to care of what they think? They wouldn’t be on my side when I catch cold, they only care about my achievements, they don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter