THE BREAK UP

Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THE BREAK UP

 

I. Separated

 

If love was a bird
Then we wouldn't have wings
If love was a sky
We'd be blue
If love was a choir
You and I could never sing
Cause love isn't for me and you

 

She was at her room, erasing her make up when her boyfriend, GDragon break into her apartment roughly.

“What’s this?” he stands before her.

She was startled but manage to stay clam.

“Don’t joke around.” He said.

GD threw his phone in front of her.

“I was serious.” she said while peeking at the phone neglected on the table, clearly shown texts from her.

 

CL:       Oppa, there’s one thing I need to tell you. Let me know whenever you’re back.

 

CL:       Oppa, I don’t know where you at, trying to reach you but I think you haven’t done with the interview. Anyway… I’ve been thinking about it a lot, I feel like I’m alone in this relationship… I really hope you’ll understand that maybe rather than feeling alone when I have you, maybe I should just be alone for real. Maybe we better off this way.

 

“Is it because I wasn’t there on your mother’s birthday? Or because I can’t be there on your comeback?” he asked again.

CL paused. “No… oppa.”

“You wanna broke up with me?” he raised his voice. “Why?”

“Because…”

“WHY?”

“Don’t yell! Listen, oppa…” she said.

“I can’t!” he said.

“You can’t listen?”

“Even if I want to, I can’t take whatever reason you’re gonna tell me.” He grabs her hand and turn her from the mirror towards him. “What did I do wrong?”

“We… grew apart.”

“Lame!” he scoffed, “So lame, Lee Chaerin.”

“I tell you the truth, I don’t see sparks anymore, I don’t see why we should keep being together.” she said. “I’ve been struggling to tell you this.”

“You don’t love me anymore?”

The rain starts pouring down, it completes all the dramatic parts.

“I wish I did not, but I still do love you, I just can’t find the reason why we have to be together while you and me are obviously drifting apart.”

Jiyong took a deep heavy breath.

“Ten years, TEN ING YEARS, Lee Chaerin. I thought we’ll be forever.” He said.

“Exactly.” she said, “I thought so too…”

 

If love was an Oscar
You and I could never win
Cause we can never act out our parts
If love is the Bible
Then we are lost in sin
Because its not in our hearts

 

Ten years is not a short time. In ten years a baby could have been in his fourth grade at elementary school. In ten years a small city could already develop being a modern city. In ten years anything could happen.

That’s what happen to them, Chaerin or CL  and Jiyong or GDragon, two big stars of YG entertaiment. They’ve been together since he was 18 and she was 15.

During that ten years, they were consider very settle and steady, they hid the relationship for five years before finally being photographed kissing by paparazzi.

It was a huge issue back then, all media talking about it made all their fans, netizens and citizens talking about it non stop for almost a year, and then its all started, everything they do was always being associated with each other. When CL taking picture too close with a guy, fans will mad at her, they will cornered her and same thing goes to GD. But the couple were cool with it, they never really think about it.

When they go through hard time and argue, all the little fight was never about the fans reactions or how fans tried to tell them what should do and what should not, but more about their private life, GD and CL known as the perfectionist, neat and detail. And along with willingness to prove that they’re professional even if they have private relationship inside the company, both of them always work and work and work.

GD and CL compose most of the songs in their band and solo album, concepting the concert, helping other artists making their music and still doing photoshots for some fashion spreads, come to many invitations and dozens of activities.

They think communication is the only key to be together so they keep on calling, text and see each other whenever they have time without knowing that its not the every second that count but the quality of each second they spent. Not the physical presence but to be there as whole, body and mind.

They spent too many days together with their mind somewhere else. GD is busier since he also strated co-producing songs and albums, he also doing some art exhibition and CL go back and forth from Seoul to LA for her album.

It was a small thought inside the airplane from LA to Seoul one day that GD has been saying “I can’t.” to her for too many times right now.

 

If love was a fire
Then we have lost the spark
Love never felt so cold
If love was a light
Then we're lost in the dark
Left with no one to hold

 

It was CL’s mom birthday several weeks a go, they always have dinner from time to time. Well, in ten years there’s probably several times that CL couldn’t attend the dinner due to work, this year she promised her mom to be there, and GD was the one who made her promise in front of her mom.

He said, “Don’t worry, Mrs. Lee, I’ll drag her to Seoul to come to the dinner.”

He didn’t have to do that, or to be exact, he couldn’t do that because he was the one who didn’t come, he was out of the town, totally forgot the dinner and busy with some works.

They caught into an argument that never settled because they both tired and decided to let it slide.

 

One other time was when CL promise to see Big Bang concert in New York but then she blew it because she has some sort of recordings in LA.

They didn’t argue, he was trying to be fully understood, but he stop talking to her for several days until CL come see him in Vegas.

What can they say? Its all about work. They’re too afraid that YG might see them as unprofessional if they put their relationship first.

 

The last issue was when YG set the date f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter