Wine Night at Changmin and Kyuhyun's Apartment

Learning Together

 

When Suho arrives at Changmin and Kyuhyun’s apartment, Kibum and Minho haven’t arrived yet. Changmin answers the door excitedly but his face immediately shifts to disappointment.

“It’s just Suho, babe.” he calls to Kyuhyun.

“Oh so Minho gets an unofficial boyfriend and now I’m chopped liver?” Suho asks, handing Changmin the (required) bottle of wine in his hands. Changmin laughs at the comment and lets Suho pass him into the apartment.

“Suho you know I love you in the most non-romantic sense but this is literally better than any and every soap opera I’ve ever seen.” Kyuhyun says from the kitchen. Suho had come a little earlier than normal so Kyuhyun’s still finishing making the last of the snacks.

“Honestly though, I don’t think they could be any more oblivious to each other if they tried. Did he tell you about what happened when Kibum was sick??” Suho gushes, sitting on the couch facing Kyuhyun.

“You know, as a gay man in a gay relationship, I’ve seen and heard a lot of gay things during my life. And Minho taking care of Kibum and singing for him and holding his hand while sharing the same bed definitely takes the cake for the most unknowingly gay thing, if not just most generally gay thing.” Changmin states as he puts the wine in the fridge.

“If we’re encouraging them to be drunk together, you need to stay away from Minho, honey.” Kyuhyun reminds Changmin. “The last thing Kibum needs is to hear Minho gushing to me about how wonderful you are.”

“Honestly, if he’s not equally mushy with Kibum, I’m going to sue him for getting me emotionally involved for nothing.” Changmin states.

As they wait for them to arrive, the three recount their most cherished embarrassing memory of Minho. Though Minho and Changmin had been friends for a long time, it wasn’t until that Changmin and Kyuhyun had begun seriously dating that the four of them started getting together to drink. Usually, Minho would be the one to hold back and make sure that everyone got home safely. On one particular day though, Changmin took that responsibility. With a little encouragement, Minho had quickly gotten much drunker than the others. In his altered state, he confessed very sincerely that he’d long had more than friendly feelings for Changmin and that he was very heartbroken when he and Kyuhyun had started dating. He made it clear though that he was still fond of Kyuhyun and was doing his best to move on so they could all stay friends. The other three were surprised not only at the confession itself but also how selflessly he had taken the apparent heartbreak. Since then, their marker for whether or not Minho was drunk was how much attention he sought from Changmin; Suho is very interested to see if he still seeks Changmin out or if instead he turns his attention to Kibum.

 

Eventually, the two show up with two bottles of white wine. Per usual, Changmin is pouring while Kyuhyun gives his unnecessarily long spiels about the history and characteristics of the wine. Changmin makes sure to pour more wine into Minho and Kibum’s glasses; if they notice, they don’t say anything. Suho does his best to watch the two to see what happens while still being discreet. As one bottle turns into two bottles turns into three bottles, he watches them scooting closer together and glancing at each other. Soon enough, the two are completely wasted. They’re honestly an adorable sight: they’re sitting somewhat normally, though both are resting their heads on the back of the couch. Minho’s got his sweetest sappy drunk face going, eyesmiles and high cheeks at maximum, and Kibum looks the most relaxed that Suho’s ever seen, maybe even on the brink of happy; their cheeks are matching shades of pink. Minho holds his hand out and seems to be aiming for Kibum’s chin but misses and lands on his shoulder.

“Kibummie, you’re all peaches again. Pretty cheek peaches.” he drawls.

Kibum smiles and says an attempt at a thank you. Suho glances to where Kyuhyun’s supposedly rinsing glasses in the kitchen and sees him intently watching the romance attempt to unfold while Changmin keeps trying to coax kisses out of him. Both scenes are equally cute and hilarious to Suho, though he’s glad to have Kibum and Minho as something new and refreshing to watch. Changmin brings them glasses of water and Minho reaches for his hand.

“Changmin, you’re my friend favorite.” he says, giggling. Changmin smiles fondly.

“I know I’m your favorite friend, just don’t tell Kyuhyun, ok?” he whispers, holding a finger to his lips. Minho giggles again and mimics Changmin’s pose. Changmin goes back to the kitchen and Minho turns his affection back to Kibum.

“Kibummie,” he starts, patting Kibum’s shoulder. “You’re doing so good. It’s taken a tong lime to get settled but you’re a good teacher and if I was still in school I’d want you to my art teacher.” He continues on with how well Kibum’s doing and how good he looks now that he’s eating every day and other things that Suho stops listening to. Minho keeps laughing and every time he does, Kibum just beams and leans in closer to him. Kibum is just closing his eyes and letting the compliments wash over him, attempting thank yous after each one. It’s clear to him that the two of them are too sleepy now to make it back to their own apartment, so Suho goes to the kitchen to listen to the action plan Changmin’s making up. When it’s all said and done and everything is cleaned up, Changmin and Kyuhyun retire to their room. Suho’s doing his best to get comfortable on his couch. Kibum is on the other couch, already falling asleep. Minho, being the youngest and not able to fit on either couch to sleep, is on a sleeping bag on the floor between the two couches. Kibum’s arm is hanging over the side of the couch and Suho watches Minho reaching out to try and hold his hand.

“Minho, are you still awake?” he whispers.

“Mhm.”

“Be honest with me, do you like Kibum?”

There’s a pause, like Minho’s checking that Kibum’s really asleep.

“I do. I really do.”