Epilogue: Getting closer to you-Hyukbin

Epilogue: Sweeter Than Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue: Getting closer to you

The way Hyuk had envision it, the cake should be white with little pink roses made out of sugar and rose scented butter, and naturally, it should have four levels. Hyuk had never tried such a big of a project, but he was excited to get it through, as he believed that that would certify him as an accomplished baker.

However, when he finally started organizing the way he was going to create his masterpiece, he realized that it would be harder than he imagined. He was still struggling with the egg order, when he heard the well known knock at the door. Hyuk didn’t even call to invite his visitor in, as he knew very well who he was. But he still raised his head and looked up as Hongbin entered his little bakery. He still couldn’t believe that the boy was actually here. The first mornings after Hongbin was rescued, Hyuk got up thinking that everything was a dream or that he was going mad after all and he was experiencing hallucinations. He even called the police station, as he had been doing for so long now, to ask if there were any news on Hongbin’s case. Thankfully, the officers just laughed and reminded that Hongbin was already saved.

He then started visiting him at the hospital, bringing him cakes and sweets secretly, as the doctors wanted Hongbin to follow a strict diet.  But the glimpse of happiness in Hongbin’s eyes as he tasted the soft cake prevented Hyuk from not bringing him any at all.

Hongbin had to stay in hospital for about a month, mainly because of his psychological trauma. And when he was released, he was moved to his parents’ house and Hyuk lost contact with him, except from the occasional phone call. Hyuk had longed for his company for so many years, but now the sad truth was finally rearing its ugly head. Hongbin and he had nothing else to talk about other than their time being abducted. They had never met before that and they had grown to know each other in the darkness of her basement. So, talking to him over the phone, was kind of a déjà vu for him, as it reminded him of the time when he was conversing with him through the walls. But what made him terrified was the fact that maybe Hongbin felt the same way. After all, they were strangers that were brought together under terrible circumstances and maybe they thought that they loved each other because it was the only glimpse of hope they had.

Those thoughts prevented Hyuk from visiting Hongbin at his house and Hongbin wasn’t ready yet to go outside alone. But, one afternoon, Hyuk heard a knock at his bakery’s door and Hongbin walked in, almost wet to the bone by the heavy spring rain.

Hyuk stared at him, as the boy walked up and down the small shop, looking at the baked goods. He was wearing a soft cream sweater that accompanied his dark blue pants perfectly, even though his hair was a mess from the rain. He had tried to bring them back, but some were still sticking out in a funny way that made Hyuk smile. Just then Hongbin tore his eyes from the cakes and he looked straight at Hyuk’s smiley face. Hyuk cleared his throat and tried to bring his face back to neutral.

“Can I help you with something? I’ve just got out those small breads you like,” Hyuk said.

“I’m not here to buy bread actually,” Hongbin replied, lowering his eyes to the ground.

“Then…”

“I’m here to take you on a date,” Hongbin rushed to say and Hyuk got the feeling that he had prepared and practiced his speech for more than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter