Gazing at the Memories

A Drive Down Memory Lane

          Jimin sat up in bed when he heard a loud knock on his door, his book dropping to fall against his side. He rolled over to check the time; the clock reading 6:30 in the evening. Forcing himself out of the bed by the third knock he called out, “I’m coming, I’m coming.” Pulling on his silk robe over Jungkook’s t-shirt he opened the door. Yoongi stood with his hands buried in the pockets of his leather jacket.

           “Hey Jimin.” His voice was deep and rather soothing, “I just came over to check in. MoonRi says you haven’t been to work in a few days so I thought maybe we could grab some food.” He tried his best to smile at the depressed male, the two of them were never as close as Yoongi was with Jungkook. To be honest, Jimin wasn’t close to anyone like he was Jungkook. With the promise of food it took only a small amount of convincing to get the boy to go out with him.

           Yoongi sat in his living room, waiting for Jimin to get dressed into something clean, and something that actually fit him. Jimin emerged from his room, his eye following Yoongi’s gaze, it landed on the guitar that was on a stand by the fireplace. Yoongi had seen the male play plenty of times, he had actually played with him too.

           “I miss hearing him play…” Jimin's soft voice broke the silence, Yoongi turning to face him as he stood up from the couch.

           “I know… I miss playing with him, when he wakes up we will have to play together,” even if Yoongi was trying to lighten the mood, the way his voice sounded, it seemed empty. Yoongi and Jungkook were close friends, had been since the day they met, and to hear him sound so weak was painful.

           Maybe MoonRi didn’t just send him here for me…

           Grabbing a hold of his wallet and scarf, Jimin held the door open for the elder male. They both made their way out of the apartment building and into the busy streets of the city. Conversations filled the air as they spoke about everything and nothing, both too cautious to speak of the beloved Jungkook. After a while of forcing it, the two genuinely began to discuss general topics.

           The two boys stopped by the local sushi bar and took their seats. The restaurant was run by an old lady, she was just like the neighborhood grandma. Jimin used to visit the restaurant all the time when he and Jungkook were only at the dating stage.

           “I saw MoonRi’s dress the other day, she is an incredibly beautiful bride.” Jimin mentioned to the other, which resulted in the man perking up at the mention of his fiancé.

           “She told me that she found a dress. While my mother was upset due to the dress being one that was not seen, she is excited nonetheless.” He spoke with a smile, knowing his mother’s tastes were probably outdated.

           Jimin let out a light chuckle, remembering the horrific dress he found the bride tucked into, “It was… unique to say the least.”

           Yoongi only nodded his head, “Not hard to believe. I am actually starting to get kinda worried about her ,” the man let out a sigh as he sipped from his beer. Jimin couldn't help but scoff.

          “You have nothing to be nervous about. It isn’t like she is going to run away. You know she loves you, has been from the day you two met.” Jimin chuckled softly.

          Yoongi shook his head, “It isn't me I am worried about. I know she wont run off. It’s just… well her mom…”

          Jimin let out an understanding hum at Yoongi's concern. MoonRi’s family life was never the best. She grew up with an elder sister and an abusive mother. The woman left when she was just 12 years old and MoonRi had to grow up fending for herself. Unfortunately for them, her mother would drop in from time to time, reminding the sisters of how bad they were for not trying hard enough to maintain communication. It had almost completely ruined her. Her sister moved to America not soon after graduation and MoonRi was ultimately alone. She often reminded Jimin he was a brother-like figure to her, and he knew it as well. When the girl met Yoongi at first Jimin was skeptical and protective, but soon he realized that their love for each other, was greater than he could ever control.

          “She hasn’t spoken to her mother since her sister’s graduation, so what? 5 years now? And she’s come a really long way. It’s just… I think she had this vision of what her wedding was supposed to be like ever since she was a child. And those visions included her mom. She is being really happy about it, it’s just sometimes I notice she gets kind of quiet…” Yoongi sighed, slouching against the table. Jimin stretching over to lightly pat his shoulder.

           “It will all work out though, you two are getting married after all, and in a month those worries will be gone. The wedding will be over and she will be Mrs. Min.” he smiled at Yoongi, who much like a puppy, cheered up at the mention of his marriage.

           The two received their food soon after. It didn’t take long for either of the boys to completely devour the rolls, Yoongi eating Jimin’s leftovers. The two talked a bit more about the wedding plans. The colors, the cake, the venue, and all sorts of details the couple had been planning in their spare time. They continued their talk on the way to the park across the way. The soft glow of the street lamps lit the way down the path.

          They both got hot cocoas from a stand in the dimly lit park and decided to take a seat. The two men fell into a rather comfortable silence, sipping at their steamy hot drinks, both lost in thought.

          Jimin’s head leant back as his eyes looked passed the silhouettes of the leaves, watching the soft light of the stars peek through. Just between two branches Jimin could see the full moon.

          Our honeymoon…


          The moon was glowing bright, casting its light down on the beach. Jimin lay on his back, his head being cradled by his husband’s arm. A towel separated the newlyweds from the grainy sand below them, the gentle sounds of the wave lulling the two.

          “I love the moon…” Jimin whispered out gently, his body nuzzling closer to the male next to him. He heard a hum from the male, one of curiosity. “She works in perfect balance, she gives the night sky life. She controls the waves and the tide. But her magnificent beauty comes from the sun, in a perfect balance…” Jimin had begun to ramble, speaking in such a philosophical way.            

          Jungkook turned his head to lock his gaze with his husbands, “You’re full of odd things, you know that?” he chuckled playfully and deflected a light blow to his stomach. His large, rough hand took a hold of Jimin’s small and gentle one, “You know I love you.” He tried to play off innocently, Jimin’s laughter filled the calm, misty air.

          Jimin rolled over, seating himself on top of the male, his hand still gently locked with that of his husband as he pinned them to the towel. “And you are also full of , you know that?” Jimin laughed down at the male when he received a pouty face. “Oh don’t even try that on me, I am not going to fall for your puppy dog look every time your ego gets damaged.”

          “Ouch,” Jungkook spoke in a pained tone before chuckling. “You know you should kiss me as an apology.

          “Oh, should I? But I have done nothing wrong,” now it was Jimin’s turn to play the innocent one.

          Soft laughs left the two just as Jungkook closed the distance. The newlyweds shared a gentle kiss under the moon, they shared many things that night, their hopes and fears of the future, the love they both shared, their dreams and wants, everything. That night they were bound by more than just the ring they both wore, the vows that they swore; they were one with each other bound by love. A bond so rich it could never be broken. Witnessed only by the moon herself.

          The two found themselves laying on the towel, a blanket shielding them from the outside, stole kisses being taken with each moment. Even with the moon still high in the sky the clouds began to roll in. And before they knew it the two of them had been drenched from head to toe. With a scream and a yell Jimin grabbed the blanket, wrapping up himself as he darted for the dimly lit beach house. Laughter erupted from the two as they ran through the wet sand, Jungkook chasing after Jimin.

          For a moment Jimin felt warm,

          But then he felt icy cold.


          “Jimin! Jimin if you just sit there you’re going to catch a cold!” Jimin was brought back to reality, the light mist of the nearby sprinkler had near doused him by then. The boy was slow to move, picking himself off of the bench he walked with sluggish movements over to the dry male standing on the path.

          The gentle winter breeze that had yet to bring the warm spring air, froze Jimin to the bone. His small and skinny frame shivered as his body tried to warm itself.

           “Jimin? Are you okay? Here let me take you-,“ Jimin knew what the elder was offering but he had to decline.

           “No, no. I’m fine. I’ll see you soon.” Even though the boy was shaking his voice was calm and empty. It was as if the boy’s life had been washed away by the cold water. He left a slightly confused, and an incredibly concerned Yoongi behind.

           Wet, cold, and alone Jimin headed back to his apartment. His arms wrapped around his shivering torso as tears uncontrollably fell. The young man drowned himself in deep thoughts, oblivious to notice that he was wandering unknown streets. His eyes were blinded by the pain that seeped through. With a loud yet angelic gong emitting from the tower, the distracted male failed to notice that the clock struck midnight.
    It has turned to a month and two weeks.

    Can I really keep this up?