-07

Espresso

WHY THE WOULD SOMEONE PLAY THE GUITAR SO EARLY?!

Yongsun cursed at the sound before realising that it was her ringtone, now cursing at the yet unknown caller.

“Ughh.. Why are you calling at this time of day! Don’t you know what tim-”

“Is that your 'good morning' for me??" "Sorry for waking you up” Byul chuckled.

“Go back to sleep unnie…” She added in a softer voice.


OH ...


“Oh… Hey… Sorry.”


“Nah, no need to be.... I mean, same.”


“Anyways… Go back to sleep princess.”


“Please, I just woke up. Stop the princess thing, Byul"

"What if I don't want to." Yongsun sighed accepting the grease as her breakfast.

"Fine... I need to go now I should open the cafe."

Yongsun heard Byul chuckle from the other line.

“Aigoo… This forgetful woman...”

“Yah! I'm older than you just so you know ma'am...."

Byul responded with her annoying chuckle "I know our UNNIE, but you forget things very quickly.."

"What do you mean??"

“You told Seulgi to open the cafe if you come in late, right? Well, she already did and I’m here helping her out. I was just worried why you didn’t open the cafe yourself.”


Yongsun looked at the clock beside her bed that was blaring red numbers that read 9:00.

“Turns out… you’re still sleeping...” The younger woman chuckled.


“Oh my god… I just overslept I’m so sorry… Please tell Seulgi I’m coming…” Yongsun said as she paced around her house.


“Hey no need to rush… We’re doing good actually…. I might apply in your cafe later unnie.” Byul chuckled.
“Anyways… Bring your car…. Please.”



“Ye-yes I will.” Yongsun responded as she softly hit her head while unlocking the door again to get her car keys inside the house.



After assuring that everything was in her bag already she drove off to the cafe.



It's been months since their amusement park “date” and they were now completely comfortable with each other. They have been hanging out in each other’s houses since they live quite close. They would also hang out with Wheein and Hyejin and the four of them would go crazy. They were very supportive with each other (like how Wheein and Hyejin would join forces and tease their unnies and tell them that they should date) and were more than happy having each other as their friends, Byul instantly warmed up to the young couple and takes care of them like her own sisters. She has never felt the same welcoming warmth since Minhyuk introduced her to his family, until she came to know the three women.



The chimes played a tune as the door of the cafe was opened by its owner. Upon entering, she heard a noise from the counter.

Lost in their own playful world like kids (also completely ignoring the presence of a certain someone), Seulgi was laughing like an idiot at how Byul completely nailed (ruined, actually) the latte art she was doing. Unsurprisingly, the flower that she was making came out looking like a frog. Byul lost all hope when she saw the latter art Seulgi was making, hers really looked like a beautiful flower. During the past months, Byul always tagged along to the cafe and became close with the workers especially with Seulgi.

"Yah! Seulgi-ah....How on earth do you do that?"

"Unnie you'll get there someday its ok..." Seulgi consoled the older girl while trying to calm down.

"Oh- Yongsun-unnie!! Good morning to you…"

The woman tried to be indifferent but she was obviously startled at Seulgi's greeting... "A-ah yeah... Good morning.." The woman coldly said not even sparing the woman standing beside Seulgi a glance.

"Omo.... unnie..... did you annoy her again.... tsk"

"No I-- Wait...Yah! Kang Seulgi come back here, you brat!"
 

Luckily, there are only 2-3 customers in the cafe.

UGHHH... WHAT ARE THEY BEING SO LOUD FOR?

It took a lot of strength for Yongsun to prevent herself from shouting at her two companions at the cafe. It's gonna be a long day for sure.

Cold treatment from Yongsun was Byul’s breakfast.  The younger girl, being a slight overthinker, had too much running on her head that she accidentally spilled hot coffee on herself.

Yongsun stopped herself from helping the younger girl becuse.... she was mad at her..... for what? She also doesn't know why. Maybe because her morning was not good, or maybe because of her empty stomach. But none of those actually really involved Byul....

"She has Seulgi anyway…." She reasoned out as she saw Seulgi rush to Byuli to help her clean up.

Wait.... was I jealous just now?? No..nope...

Byul felt a sting on her chest when she saw how Yongsun evaded her eyes.

MOONBYULI THINK PROPERLY..... WHAT DID YOU DO? DID YOU HURT HER FEELINGS A WHILE AGO?? UGHHH..

When afternoon came, Joy and the rest of the workers arrived for their shift so Byul went to Yongsun's office to wait for her there. And as if Yongsun knew that she was there, the older woman did not even come close to her office atleast once.

SO THIS IS HOW IT'S GONNA BE HUH….

Byul went out to the cafe again and roamed her eyes until she spotted a Yongsun napping on a chair by the piano. Seems like she took her break there and not in her office.

THIS WOMAN, REALLY..... WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH YOU...
 

Byul grazed the keys with her slender fingers before she started to play a very familiar song while not taking her eyes off the dozing beauty beside the piano. She was hoping that her feelings would somehow reach the woman through the music she was creating.


Yongsun slowly opened her eyes to the same eyes of the person who held her back then when her life was in danger. But this time, those eyes weren't filled with fear. They were filled with something else that Yongsun couldn't point out but it filled her heart with the same confusion she has been feeling since she met the younger woman.
 

Suddenly, Byul closed her eyes and sung with her deep and enchanting voice.

 

Love is kind when the world is cold
Love stays strong when the fight gets old
Love is a shoulder to lean on, love is you
Love's like the water when the well runs dry
Quench my thirst, keep me alive
Just need one sip, baby, love is you
Love is you, love is you, love is you, love is you

 

Like a spell that broke out through the whole cafe, Byul’s voice filled everyone’s ears. Yongsun just sat there staring at the woman who was playing her heart out as she felt something in her chest clench. It was only Byul who had this effect on her, when suddenly everything in the world seemed good.
 

The workers tried their very best not to squeal at the sight of the two who was enveloped with so much warmth that everyone in the cafe can feel it.

 

“Hey…. Wanna bet?” Joy nudged the woman beside her and asked.

 

“Sure…. I’ll risk everything cause I know the power of love won’t fail me.”

 

Joy almost puked on the garbage can beside her while disgustingly eyeing Seulgi.

 

When Byul played the last few notes, she dared to look at the woman beside the piano who instantly looked away as she realized that she was staring way too long.

 

Joy almost let out her loudest scream when Byul knelt down in front of Yongsun.

 

“OH MY GOD IS SHE GOING TO PROPOSE??!! WOW BYULI-UNNIE REALLY IS NO JOKE HUH?” Seulgi said freaking out while glancing at Joy who looked like she was watching the century’s best love story.


"Unnie, I'm sorry. I know you've been ignoring me since morning and I can't go on like this. So please, tell me what I did and I'll do everything you say." Byul said in a soft voice.
 

Gathering up her courage, Yongsun held Byul’s wrist and led her to the small park near the cafe before the people in the cafe start to give more attention to them. They were sitting side by side but no one dared to break the silence until Yongsun did.

 

“Stupid…”

 

“I know….”

 

“Why would you kneel like that after that performance? People thought you were actually proposing…”

 

“Is that bad though?”

 

“I, marrying you? No thank you very much…”

 

“Fine then, don’t come running back to me in the future okay?”

 

“I thought you want to make ammends with me?”

 

“Yes I do, so please tell me what I did.”

 

“Well.. Honestly…. I-I’m sorry… I was just not having a good morning and I guess I took that out on you especially when you were being a little too loud a while ago…”

and I was jealous... NO I WASN'T... UGH STOP 

“It’s fine. I’m sorry too I didn’t know about that. Forgive me this time? Please?”

 

“Two conditions..”

 

“And what are those? I’ll do anything…” Byul eagerly asked.

 

“First, you have to go back to the cafe and tell the people that what happened wasn’t a proposal or anything….”

 

“Okay…. That’s easy.”

“What’s the other one?”

 

“Answer my question…” Yongsun looked directly into her eyes sending chills down the younger woman’s spine.

 

“What is it?”

 

Yongsun wanted to settle everything with Byul once and for all so that she could finally decide which decision to take, she had enough being confused.

 

“Wh-why do you care so much about me? Why did you save me in the first place.” Yongsun tried to ask without her voice faltering.


"I saved you because I don’t want someone to lose a person they love. I won’t like to live knowing that someone is grieving for the person they love when I know I could have done something. I don’t want people to experience my suffering. And I care so much about you because you're the only one I have along with Wheein and Hyejin. You're the most important person to me and I want to treasure and protect you forever. Is that enough reason?"

Yongsun looked down as she felt her tears form. She could feel the sincerity in every word that the younger woman said.

 

“Fair enough…” Yongsun whispered not aware that her tears were now falling.
 

“Crybaby…” Byul teased as she wiped the tears off the older woman’s face which startled her.

“You’re really no fun, unnie…. You cry everytime we’re together.”

 

“Oh shut up..” Byul chuckled at the sobbing woman beside her.

 

“Are we ok now?” Yongsun nodded though slightly embarrassed.


After Yongsun has calmed down, they went back to the cafe and Byul did as she was told to a while ago.

An hour after, Wheein and Hyejin arrived at the cafe. 

"Wow... This is what I'm here for, it smells amazing here.... I'm suddenly hungry..."

The four of them were now sitting on the table farthest from the other customers.

"Wheein-ah we just ate.... But what do you want?" Hyejin asked while the two older women were just looking at her in pity.

"Awww poor hyegi... It's ok to not pay for your girlfriend once in a while you know?" Byul teased.

"Can the both of you stop looking at me like that? It's ok if you just laugh. Also, I'm not paying, Wheein is." Hyejin smirked.

Though Yongsun has insisted that they don't pay when ordering at the cafe they would always make sure to convince the older that they should pay so at this point Yongsun just let them.

"OOOHHH... Wait, did somethig happen? Are you sick Wheein-ah? Are we not gonna see you again?" Yongsun said.

"Unnie calm down your overreacting self... Sometimes I want to bump both of your heads together you know?" Wheein said before sighing.

"Anyways, the thing is.... well, remember my exhibit last month?"

"Yep..." The unnies said at the same time.

"Well, turns out someone from a big company went there and they contacted me yesterday. And they said they want to sponsor another exhibit of mine." Wheein said with a proud smile.

"WOW... I AM EXTREMELY PROUD." Yongsun said while wiping invisible tears from her eyes.

"It's like my kid has already graduated from college and I'm sending her off to US for work..." She added.

"Unnie are you okay though? The last time I checked you were crying and now...." Byul asked.

"Yah... Stop there." 

"Stop fighting... This married couple really... Anyways what do you guys want? My treat~"

The girls ordered their drinks and food and was having the time of their lives especially when the 3 younger girls got together to tease the oldest unnie.

"By the way, what company is it? We have to thank them for sponsoring our Wheeinie.." Yongsun asked.

"It's TN Inc., to be honest I've never heard of them but I searched for it and they are a big company... Also, the CEO is very rich..."

Byul flinched at the name, it rang a bell in her head.

"Well, Hyejin and I are supposed to meet them the day after tomorrow to sign the contract...." Wheein happily said while chewing a huge piece of cake.

After the endless talks and laughs, they all decided to go home. Yongsun drove home with Byul because the younger woman forgot to bring her car. After receiving Yongsun's text telling that she was home, Byul started her car and dialed Detective Park's number.

"Oppa... I need to meet you now."

 

 

¤_¤

AAAAA SO GOOD TO BE BACK... I MISSED U ALL U WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I'VE BEEN READING ALL UR COMMENTS AND I AM VERYYY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS U SAID.... IM SORRY FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS AAAAA SCHOOL HAPPENED BUT IT'S VACATION NOW YEY!! PLS DO LOOK FORWARD FOR MORE FROM THIS FIC... I'LL CONTINUE DOING MY BEST IN WRITING THIS THANK U ALL AND KEEP SMILING AS ALWAYS ^_^

 

P.S. THE WHOLE SELFISH ALBUM BY MOON HAMSTER IS A BOP LISTEN TO IT IF U HAVEN'T YET ;)))