-04-

Espresso

Byul never really liked the sun waking her up in the morning but today feels like she can actually be friends with the sunlight for once. Though it was probably not the best idea to put a mirror beside her bed because seeing herself looking like an absolute piece of trash first thing in the morning is the worst. Her hair is absolutely messy with her face a bit swollen and covered with drool. 

Good morning garbage.

Byul quickly got up not wanting to see herself anymore. She was looking at the time on her phone when she remembered what happened last night, she unconciously smiled at the memory and had the idea to message the older woman but later on decided against it.

Maybe later... She thought.

She instead typed a different message on her phone and sent it to someone before preparing herself some half-burnt pancakes for breakfast. She placed her phone by her dresser and took a good bath. Byul has been used to her routine since she started her quite unusual job 6 years ago. She was really young back then and had 0 experience but her mentor, who she treated like her real father, has managed to make her one of the best and most skilled in the field at her young age. Being an orphan, Byul had to depend only on herself to make her life better and thankfully she met humble and generous people who are kind enough to help her. She has managed to save up and sustain her tuition for the university and landed herself a high-paying job, though very tiring, was fulfilling (for her atleast). 

Byul pulled out a simple dark blue suit from her wardrobe and put it on. She decided to put a little make up to make herself look less dead and pale (which she was). Byul heard her phone beep and looked at the message before putting on her shoes and headed out of her apartment and to the carpark. She sat in her black car and checked herself in the mirror before driving away.

Meanwhile, Yongsun decided not to open her cafe for the whole day, partly because she just wanted to stay in bed after the events last night which seemed to have drained all the energy from her, and partly because she has to see her dad later; he called her and her older sister for dinner for an "announcement". Yongsun honestly missed them even if her dad and mom were frequently at home and with her sister getting really busy with her own firm. They always lived in the same house until she and her sister decided to build their own businesses. She was really looking forward to later.

But she was bored right now and just decided to annoy Wheein.

To: Comanie ^_^

Wheein-ah I'm bored..... Where are you kid??

From: Comanie ^_^

Unnie.... Sorry I can't come to you~~ I'm fixing the venue for the exhibit rn T_T rlly sorry.....

To: Comanie ^_^

Ohhh really?? Can I help out?? I wanna see~~ plus, I'm gonna rot in my room rn...

From: Comanie ^_^

It's fine unnie we have enough workers rn.... And I don't want to show it to you yet bcos you might not come to the exhibit anymore :P Also, has she not messaged you yet? I thought you got each other's digits?? ;)

To: Comanie ^_^

Is that so~~ Wait... who is she ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

From: Comanie ^_^

Hello?? You're savior.... Miss hottie.... remember??

 

Oohhh yeahhh....

 

To: Comanie ^_^

Ohhhh.... She hasn't texted me yet....

From: Comanie ^_^

THEN TEXT HER FIRST UNNIE AND STOP BOTHERING ME FOR A BIT~~ I RLLY HAVE TO GO NOWWWW LUV U AND GOOD LUCK ㅋㅋ

 

Quite harsh huh? But why the good luck?? Wait what if she's busy? Maybe later?

 

Even if she tried to list reasons why she shouldn't call the younger girl, her bored still won. Not just because she was bored but she also wanted to know how Byul was doing after last night. Maybe it was because she owes her a lot after she saved her life or maybe because Byul was just really gorgeous (and undeniably handsome if Yongsun might say). Yongsun clicked on Byul's contact and waited for her to answer but unfortunately, she was welcomed with the operator's voice saying the number was unavailable. So now, Yongsun is just laying there on her bed, not wanting to do aything aside from breathing and sighing.

Not long after though, Yongsun heard her phone beep and was clearly not expecting to see Byul's caller ID flashing on her phone. Her eyes widened as she quietly panicked.

 

WHY ARE YOU SO NERVOUS?? CALM DOWN... SERIOUSLY?? Yongsun silently cursed at herself.

 

After a few seconds she managed to calm herself down and answered the call before it ended.

"Hello?" Byul answered with her smooth voice.

"Ye-yes...Uhhh Hello."

"Hey unnie!!" The younger said cheerfully, the transition was so sudden that Yongsun almost fell off her bed. "How are you? Sorry I didn't answer a while ago."

"Ohh-oh no it's fine. Sorry for bothering you."

"No-no" the younger chuckled. "It's okay... I wanted to talk to you too." Yongsun could almost see Byul's smile from the other line. "By the way, what do you want to talk about?"

"Huhh?"

"You called me a while ago, remember?"

"Oh yeah... sorry." "I just had no one to talk to.... Wheein is busy and Hyejin is working right now."

"Oh... wow.. me too, actually" Byul chuckled, there was a pause. 

"Unnie, can I visit the cafe later?"

 

OH NO.... SHOULD I JUST OPEN TODAY? Yongsun was deep in her thoughts again, contemplating on whether she should have opened the cafe or not.

 

"Unnie?? Are you still there??"

"Oh yes-yes I am."

"I'm sorry am I boring?? I'm not really good at talking to people." Byul chuckled.

"Oh no-no... It's not like that."

 

Wow good job Yongsun...

 

"I'm just kidding...Wait did you really open the cafe today??"

 

WHY IS SHE CATCHING ON SO FAST??

 

"Actually....no...hehe" Yongsun nervously chuckled.

"Okay... good.... I think it would be better that way. You should just really rest today."

"Well, how about you though? Are you resting?"

"Uhmm no- not actually."

"Wait so you're at work?"

"Yes.... but I can talk don't worry."

The two talked more until Byul had to hang up because she had to return to work. Though they only met last night, Byul was really comfortable to talk to. She was unexpectedly cute and unfortunately greasy.

Now Yongsun is back to rotting in her house so she just lazed around all day like how she normally does and watched some movies. 

[MEANWHILE IN WHEEIN'S PREPARATIONS FOR THE EXHIBIT]

"Wheein-ah!!! Who was that?" Hyejin asked the short haired girl who went out shortly to take a call from a very bored woman.

"Oh it's just the annoying unnie... Said she was bored so she decided to annoy me." The woman answered.

Hyejin sighed unexpectedly too loud catching Wheein's attention. It sounded more like a sigh of relief than a sigh of disappointment. 

Wheein chuckled, mildly startling Hyejin.

"Okay, what was that for miss?"

"What?"

"Your long sigh.."

"Ohhh... nothing."

"I don't think so... I smell something, don't you? It smells like... someone was jealous for nothing." Wheein teased the younger woman while slowly coming near her and eventually wrapping her arms around her neck.

"And who is this someone? Do I know them?" Hyejin decided to play along with her girlfriend's antics. She can't afford to lose to her. Never.

"I think so..." Wheein said and pecked the lips of the woman in front her.

"Hey, you cheater! You can't do that." Hyejin protested but it was too late because Wheein shut her up with yet another kiss but this time, a bit longer.

"Ugh... You'll pay for this...."

"Ohhh.. I think I'll like that."

"No you won't.... You'll kno-" And of course Wheein wasn't done, Hyejin just stood there sighing in defeat when Wheein kissed her again.

"Fine you win..." "As much as I would like to kiss you all day, we have to return to work Wheein-ah, let's go." Hyejin said gently trying to break from the embrace.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Well, okay then, as you wish. But close your eyes first." Hyejin whispered to the other girl's ear.

The next thing Wheein saw was a wall and heard Hyejin's chuckles getting farther behind her.

"I told you I won't lose babe." Hyejin said with a wink and an annoying smirk on her lips.

"Hey!! How dare you!! Wait for me!"

"Come on babe.... They're waiting for us already."

"I hate you." Wheein said while joining their hands together.

"We both know you obviously don't." Hyejin smiled at her girlfriend feeling extremely proud for having a woman like her.

 

It was now time for Yongsun to prepare for the dinner with her family. She decided to dress differently for the night because it was really special for her, not too extravagant though, just enough to make her look decent. This time, Yongsun decided to finally bring her car; of course she wouldn't want to deal with harm anymore she's been through that already and it's not like Byul would be there always. 

 

Ohh, Byul....

 

Yongsun was now at the parking lot of their company building. She looked at herself in the mirror and fixed herself before coming out and locking her car. Entering wasn't a problem for Yongsun, everyone in the company basically knows her and her entire family (since they were the owners of the company) so no questions were asked when they saw her. When Yongsun got in the lift, a very familiar face caught her sight. 

 

Byul??

 

It was then that the lift's door closed not giving her time to assure that the woman she just saw was indeed Moon Byuli. 

 

But why would she be here? Isn't she at work? Isn't she a pianist though? Am I really that desperate to see her? Really Kim Yongsun? Yongsun just shook her thoughts away but made a mental note to ask Byul about it just to confirm things.

Yongsun knocked on her dad's office door and not long after she heard a voice signalling her to come in.

"Appa.. I'm here!" Yongsun cheered quickly making her dad look from the stack of papers on his desk to her.

"Yongsun-ah... Nice to see you again. You look really good."

"Thank you dad." She giggled. "I missed you all." Yongsun said as she hugged her dad.

"Awww..." Her dad chuckled. "So, shall we go? I think mom and Yonghee are already there."

They ate dinner at a very expensive restaurant. The menu prices didn't shock Yongsun anymore. Growing up in her family, she was used to her parents always choosing the most expensive food out of all the options. They ate dinner while catching up with all the things they missed because of their busy schedules.

"Oh yeah, by the way, the announcement I was talking about..." "Well, there will be a fund-raising event for the foundation that we are helping." Mr. Kim said before drinking from his glass of wine.

"It's basically like an auction event and a ball for our partners and the other companies. So dad and I want you to be there...... and you can't say no." "It''s better if you can bring a plus one." Mrs. Kim said with a wink aimed at her daughters, who, both of them being very hardworking ladies had no chance to date for the past few years.

Yonghee chuckled with Yongsun before saying "Mom, I can clear out my schedule for that but the plus one thing is really impossible right now."

"Very impossible mom..." Yongsun answered after her sister.

Yongsun drove home after finishing the dinner with her family. It was not really tiring but she needed to rest after being stuck in traffic for who knows how many hours, also because she wants to open the cafe tomorrow. When she has done her nightly routine of washing up and changing to her pajamas, her phone beeped signalling a text message. She jumped a bit and opened the message.

 

It's her again....

 

From: MoonFartnim

Hey unnie! How's your day? Still bored? ㅋㅋㅋ

To: MoonFartnim

 Heyyy! ㅋㅋ I'm alright now though, you?

From: MoonFartnim

A bit tired but I'm happy to talk to you again ;)

To: MoonFartnim

Can you see my eyes rolling?

From: MoonFartnim

Of course.... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

What a flirt....

 

​​​​​To: MoonFartnim

Just how greasy can you be?

From: MoonFartnim

Oh you want to know??? Well I'm only greasy when it comes to pretty girls so..... be thankful unnie ^_^

 

I just can't with her. 

 

At this point, they were both really comfortable talking with each other and awkwardness was long gone just after their spontaneous phone call when Yongsun was bored and Byul was at work.

​​​​​​

To: MoonFartnim

Okay.... But are you sure you were at work a while ago?

From: MoonFartnim

Of course unnie ㅋㅋㅋ Why are you asking though, if you don't mind telling me.

To: MoonFartnim

It's just that I thought I saw you a while ago in our company... Nevermind... 

Byuli took a while before replying that Yongsun thought she already fell asleep.

From: MoonFartnim

Unnie...ㅋㅋㅋ ㅋ Sorry for replying late but do you really miss me that much that you see me everywhere? 

To: MoonFartnim

I swear you'll regret saying that.... You better get ready when I see you again....

From: MoonFartnim

Ohh.. I can't wait to see you again then ;) We should sleep now unnie. I need to be up early tomorrow~

To: MoonFartnim

Fine... I'll let you off for now just because I'm too sleepy to argue.... Ughh

From: MoonFartnim

Good night unnie ㅎㅎ

To: MoonFartnim

Good night Byul-ah

 

Yongsun smiled at her phone before turning it off. She was slowly drifting to sleep and the last thing that came to her mind was how the woman she saw earlier looks a lot like Byul before she was engulfed by sleep.

 

¤_¤

CHAP 4!!! HEY RADISHES~ THANK U FOR ALL THE LOVE U GUYS ARE GIVING TO THIS FIC! I'M HONESTLY RLLY EXCITED TO SHARE MORE OF THIS STORY WITH YOU BCOS OF YOUR RESPONSES..... I'LL DO MY BEST IN WRITING THE NEXT CHAPS THO I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE IF SOME UPDATES WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME..CHAP 5 MAY COME A BIT LATER THO BCOS HELL WEEK IS COMING FOR MY ㅠㅜㅠ STILL THANK U FOR ALL UR SUPPORT LOVE U ALL AND KEEP SMILING 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​