Four

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you seriously going out on date with Naeun?" Hanbin asked Jiwon as the sound of the door closing behind him as he reached the roof of school. "It's the talk of whole school."

Jiwon was staring out of the view in front of him.

Buildings.

Cars in a distance.

People walking around.

He gave a nod to his best friend.

"What about Jeongyeon?" Hanbin was at his side looking at Jiwon waiting for some explanation.

"What about her?" Jiwon shrugged his shoulders feeling the wind blow around him. "She isn't here anymore and I can't let her stop me from living my life."

Hanbin stayed quiet realizing his choice of words.

"She is my best friend just like you but she isn't here and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't live my life. I don't want to hold back on something that I could miss out on." Jiwon turned looking at his friend. "I know it's only been a week and a day but I just need to adjust that she isn't around anymore. I have friends and I want to have fun."

"So you're just going to play Naeun?" Hanbin asked him raising his eyebrows.

"No. It's just a date. I'm not going to commit." He smiled as he patted his shoulder and turned back facing the view in front of him. "I would want Jeongyeon to live her life and have fun with new people that are good to her. That includes dating... if that happens."

Hanbin looked down kicking the rock in front of him. He smiled and wrapped his arm around his friends shoulder. "You're a good friend to her and I think you're right. Live your life and have fun."

Jiwon nodded smiling as he kept looking in front of him. He still missed Jeongyeon and wondered how she was doing but still not knowing where she could be bothered him but life goes on.

It doesn't stop for anyone.

He just had to accept what is now and live his life.

It was the only way he could be happy and not sulk.

He and Hanbin stayed up at the rooftop a while longer enjoying the silence before the bell was about to ring for break time to be over. Jiwon let out a sigh with a smile and hoped Jeongyeon would be ok on how things turn out for her.

He wasn't mad at her anymore for leaving. He understood in her letter knowing it would be hard to say goodbye. He understood her by not returning his calls or messages. It would be hard to hear his voice and she would cry over the phone. He didn't like seeing her cry and not being able to comfort her.

He couldn't do that.

His mom was right.

He had to understand her and learn to forgive and let go. It's how life goes and it goes around and around.

When Jiwon and Hanbin said their byes for now, he was getting closer to his room until a girl with long light brown hair with bangs blocked his way. She was in his class and she had a husky voice for a girl but boys went crazy for her when she would rap sometimes in the canteen.

Kim Mihyun, she went by her nickname Mimi from a few friends. He didn't talk to her much since his attention was occupied with Jeongyeon. Now it was time for a change.

"Hey I heard you're going on a date with Naeun." She said with a smile crossing her arms as she leaned on the wall next to the door frame of their classroom.

He gave her a nod. "Nothing serious."

She laughed as she watched him stuff his hands in his pockets. "Where is your Puppy love? I haven't seen her lately?"

Jiwon clenched his jaw at how she referred Jeongyeon as. He rolled his eyes taking in a deep breath and letting it slide. "She moved."

"Oh?" She smiled seeing how an opportunity opened up. "Well then, we should have date."

Jiwon smirked seeing how this was going to be. He didn't see anything wrong with it. He is single and he wanted to live his life.

Why not?

"Fine." He said walking past her going into the classroom.

She followed behind him and sat next to him on his left side. "How about Sunday afternoon?"

Yunhyeong looked at Mihyun and then averted his eyes to Jiwon as he was looking at his book flipping the pages. "Another date?"

"Fine. How's two?" Jiwon stopped flipping the pages and grabbed his pen.

Mihyun nodded with a smile but he definitely heard her squeal with giggles.

"What the hell man?" Yunhyeong whispered to him with wide eyes. "I thought you had a date with Naeun?"

"I do." Jiwon looked at him with a creepy smile. "Friday. Mihyun is Sunday."

Yunhyeong blinked his eyes trying to figure out what the hell was going on. He didn't expect his new friend to go out on sudden dates so fast. It was unhealthy and not right. He didn't understand what was going on in Jiwons' mind but something different feel right.

"Don't worry. They are not serious. Just dates." Jiwon patted his shoulders and made Yunhyeong turn around as he shook his head closing his eyes.

It was going to be an interesting year.

Just dates.

Nothing serious.

- - -

"This is bad!" Dawon panted as he leaned forward on his knees before they met the floor. "We are going to get another detention and its going on my permenat record!"

"Not my fault you let her go!" Youngbin leaned back on the wall before sliding down. He closed his eyes and heard more footsteps near.

"Anything?" Inseong asked looking at the two boys as Rowoon had been with him.

Dawon shook his head. "What about Juho and Jaeyoon? Where did they go?"

"I thought Jaeyoon took Juho to the nurse." Rowoon looked at his friends but he turned his head hearing something. "Um.. Guys?"

All three boys looked at him.

"We need to go." He took off running down the hall turning left.

Dawon widen his eyes getting up as Youngbin followed him running down the hallways as well.

Inseong followed as they saw the Vice President walking down the hall looking into the classrooms checking if everything was fine. He glared at the students who weren't pay attention and he would wake them up making the lectures stop.

"We are going to die!" Dawon closed his eyes as the fire in lungs were burning for the lack of air.

"Stop being dramatic." Inseong leaned on him as they were trying to be discreet but panting hard wasn't helping. "We need to find Jeongyeon."

"We or you?" Rowoon questioned him.

They all got quiet staring at him.

"Why are you being like this for a girl you barely know? She is new. Do you pity her?" Rowoon asked the older boy looking at him. "What makes her special from Myungeun?"

"Stop it Rowoon!" Youngbin spoke out to the young boy. "Jeongyeon is our friend."

"Yeah leave Myungeun out of this!" Dawon backfired at Rowoon.

"She just got here!" Rowoon stood up looking at Inseong. "Why are you --"

"I THINK I LIKE HER!"

Dawon's jaw dropped as he heard Inseong's confession and Youngbin had the same reaction.

Inseong closed his eyes clenching his jaw and his hands. He took in a deep breath and tried to relax. He opened his eyes looking at the younger boy. "Look, I don't know how it happened so fast. I just saw her yesterday when I left the office and I don't know... she caught my eye."

"Like love at first sight?" Dawon asked looking at Inseong then averting his eyes to Youngbin, who wanted to know more.

"I guess..." Inseong shrugged. "I don't know. My heart just started acting funny. I didn't like what Jooeun did yesterday in the canteen and today with those two guys almost assaulting her." He leaned back against the wall putting his head back. "Right now... I just want to protect her."

"I think it's going to be more than that later." Youngbin patted his arm. "We will keep looking for her."

Rowoon stayed quiet not knowing what to say. He looked at the older boy and they exchanged looks with their eyes apologizing.

Inseong smiled at him with a nod and sighed. "I'll go check the nurses office and see if Juho and Jaeyoon know anything."

Youngbin nodded as Inseong started walking off but Rowoon followed him quietly.

"So much tension." Dawon sighed closing his eyes for a moment and then opening. "I need a massage."

Youngbin rolled his eyes laughing. "Come on let's keep looking."

- - -

Inseong and Rowoon would have their ups and downs not always understanding each other but at the end of anything they always made their friendship work. It wasn't easy. But no friendship ever is.

The doors slid open as they both saw Juho laying down with a few cuts on his face and a swollen lip on the left side.

"How is he?" Inseong asked standing next to Jaeyoon as he was watching Juho sleep peacefully.

He sighed looking at his friend. "He is resting. I found him just in time. He almost beat the crap out of Changgu. I had to pull him off and just when we took off. We both got busted for detention for two weeks."

"Lovely." Rowoon sat on the edge of the bed. "At least he is channeling his energy to something right?"

"Violence solves nothing Rowoon." Jaeyoon answered the young boy. "I miss Myungeun too but she wouldn't want him to be like this."

"Jaeyoon, I hate to ask this but have you seen Jeongyeon?" Inseong asked looking at him as he sat on the empty bed. Jaeyoon looked at him confused not knowing who he was talking about. "The new girl."

Jaeyoon then remembered seeing Inseong carry some girl on his back. He didn't think much of it but it made sense as to why Juho was beating the crap out of Changgu. "She hasn't been here. Not that I know of."

"She injured her ankle." Inseong sighed looking at Juho. "I figured she would be here at some point."

"You had her on your back what happened?" Jaeyoon asked tilting his head. "It would be smart to bring her here."

"I tried but..." Inseong stopped talking and saw Juho opening his eyes. "Hey are you ok?"

Jaeyoon leaned over to his friend as Rowoon was on the other side looking at him.

"How did you sleep Princess?" Rowoon chuckled seeing Juho glare at him.

"Is that girl ok?" That was all that came out of Juho's mouth.

Inseong gave him a small nod. "She only hurt her ankle. I just don't know where she went."

Juho smiled for some unknown reason making the others look at him confused. He didn't know the new girl but if there was one place he enjoyed going to relax and shut off his mind. "Did you check the Rooftop?"

Inseong widen his eyes as he looked at Rowoon and Jaeyoon. They each smiled and Rowoon quickly sent a text to Youngbin.

"It's the one place..." Juho pushed himself to sit up and lean against the frame of the bed. "Myungeun would like to be."

Jaeyoon nodded as he sat down again on the chair. "When are you going to accept her departure? She wouldn't want this for you."

"Yeah, cheer up Juho! You have us!" Rowoon smacked his arm only to earn a hiss from Juho as it was sore. Rowoon quickly moved back putting his hands up giving a smile.

"Why were those guys after her?" Inseong asked Juho questioning the thought in his head.

"I'm not sure." Juho said looking at him then Jaeyoon. "I was walking out of the classroom and I saw her face in fear and those two chasing her. Something was wrong, so I followed."

A buzzed was heard and Rowoon took out his phone and smiled looking at Inseong. "Youngbin found her."

Inseong smiled with relief looking at the younger boy in front of him. "That's good."

"Why are you suddenly with her?" Jaeyoon asked Inseong tilting his head. "You took her home yesterday. You picked her up this morning. You had her on your back when she got injured and now, you're looking for her when she was off your back? Am I missing something?"

Rowoon chuckled getting the two others attention. "He kind of likes her."

"Love at first sight?" Jaeyoon asked Inseong another question. "I didn't think that would ever happen to you since your --"

"Too nice."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter