One

Someday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saying goodbye is never part of the plan when the time comes for it.

It was probably the last thing anyone ever wants to do.

Jeongyeon sighed as she was looking at her bottle of water with the straw sticking out. The days were getting closer and closer. She promised herself she would tell her best friend who happened to a be a guy that she was moving but she broke that promise.

She couldn't do it.

It was too hard and if she had told him the truth. It would only make her want to stay with him and not leave his side.

She didn't think the impossible would happen to the fact that she fell for her best friend. It had started when they were kids once when they were coloring as their mothers were talking amongst themselves.

She couldn't understand why she liked him but she did. Every time he smiled at her looking like a cute Bunny it just made her heart race and do nonstop jumps inside her ribcage.

She never wanted that feeling to go away.

Yet today was the worst of any other day.

It was the last day she got to see Kim Jiwon.

Why did this day have to come?

Jeongyeon sighed again as a sound of someone placing their tray of food in front of them. She looked up seeing Jiwon smiling like a goof ball. She looked down at his food and he had gotten more than enough food.

"Where is your food?" Jiwon asked sitting down in front of her. "Are you feeling sick?"

Jeongyeon shook her head. "I'm not hungry."

"You're always hungry." He chuckled as he grabbed his bowl of rice and cut it in half and gave it to her. "Here, have something in your stomach. I don't want to find out after school your starving."

"But you like buying me food." She smiled as she was about to get up but Jiwon shook his head standing up and went to get an extra spoon. He came back within seconds and handed her the spoon. "Thanks Bunny."

He rolled his eyes but he felt his cheeks getting hot as his heart inside was jumping up and down with delight. He always ignored it but the little things Jeongyeon would do or say to him, always made him feel good.

He never thought of having a best friend who is a girl.

It just happened while growing up.

But he liked having her around. He hoped she would be by his side all the time.

"Just eat the rice and we can go for a walk outside." He smiled as he chewed on his food and enjoyed having her sit across him.

He enjoyed having her by his side and her company. He never wanted anything to change and if she started to like someone that wasn't him. He would probably do everything in his power to keep her from leaving and be with him.

He never liked it when other boys would stare at her.

Even though they would wear the same school uniform the only person he trusted talking to Jeongyeon was Hanbin but they were different classrooms. They all were.

Jiwon was in class 2B.

Jeongyeon was in 1B.

Hanbin was in 1A.

Today Hanbin was absent from a flu he got from his sister and he would be out for a few days. Jiwon would be hanging around Jeongyeon most of the time. Although, Hanbin and Jeongyeon didn't socialize much so she would be off in the library when Jiwon was with his best buddy and then he would go to find her.

The rest of the day dragged for the first hour or so and then it was time to leave. Jeongyeon had gone to the office to pick up a few papers and to see her Homeroom teacher. She had asked her to keep quiet until she left to say about her move.

Rumors spread fast around school and she would rather wait until she left. She wasn't a big fan of being on the spotlight and it would avoid the truth from telling Jiwon as well.

It was the last thing she wanted.

She had worked on something else and had it ready.

Jeongyeon left the office and went to the front of the gates where Jiwon was waiting for her but a few girls were whispering amongst themselves.

She rolled her eyes knowing he is one of the hottest boys in school and she felt like it was one of those cliché stories she happened to be in.

She made her way to him and nudged his side getting his attention. "Are you going to go see Hanbin?"

"And risk myself on getting sick?" He raised his eyebrows shaking his head. "I'm good." He automatically placed his arm on her shoulders knowing it was nothing to each other. Just another normal day of two best friends walking together.

"At least it gives you an excuse to miss school for a few days." She laughed as she held onto the strap of her bag. "Did you think about that?"

"No but that is a good point." He smirked thinking on it. "I'll call him later and then see him."

"How was your classes?" She asked changing the topic. She was starting to feel a lump in as it was hard to swallow down and to keep a strong facade. She had to keep holding it in and do her best.

"Boring I slept through most of it." He looked around his surroundings looking for a place to have a snack. "Are you hungry? We can stop somewhere."

"How do you manage to pass your class if you don't even pay attention?" She asked looking at him knowing he was still looking around the areas. "Don't even think about begging me for help since you are a year above me."

"It's never stopped you before." He turned to look at her and noticing her for once a few times. Her hair was short above her shoulders with bangs and her hair color was reddish brown making it match her porcelain skin tone. He felt his mouth go dry just staring at her eyes before they did a quick glance at her lips that were tempting him to do the unthinkable.

"Jiwon?" Her voice was soft as she whispered to him.

He cleared his throat looking away and removed his arm on her shoulders and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Besides, you learn new things and you help yourself in being the top of your class. So see, I benefit you."

"Oh? Is this your idea of begging me?" She crossed her arms raising her eyebrows with a smirk. "Don't be lazy! Do your own homework Bunny!"

"Fine I'll just have a girl in class do it for me." He chuckled but felt a sudden pain as he knew Jeongyeon smacked him on his shoulder. "What? You're not going to do it."

"Doesn't mean you have to bully someone else!" She rolled her eyes. "Bunny --"

"It's not bullying if they are willing to do it." He smirked as he started walking. "So do you want something to eat or not?"

He turned back to look at her to hear her answer; instead he saw her rolling her eyes walking up to him but when she wanted to speak her phone buzzed and she took the call. He waited until she was done.

Jeongyeon had turned around to take the call since it was her mom calling. She closed her eyes trying to hold back the tears knowing she called wondering where her daughter was and they were ready to go.

It was part of the plan. Her father got a better paying job and he couldn't pass it up. He was thinking of his family and they all had to make the sacrifice in going. Jeongyeon was against it but her sister Seungyeon had a few words with her and accepting what has to be done.

Jeongyeon is young and it did take a while for her to understand everything. She just wished it didn't have to be the way it was.

She ended the call with her mom and took in a moment to collect herself.

Jiwon noticed her shaking and frowned. He didn't like seeing her upset with anything and he was always ready to comfort her. "Hey everything ok?"

Before he could touch her, Jeongyeon put on a smile and tuned around. "I'm fine. I have to head home already."

He nodded and tilted his head to the side. "I'll take you."

She shook her head. "It's ok. My mom is having some clothing crises. I'll see you later."

He knew somehow she was lying. He only kept quiet giving her nod. He was going to say something but he widen his eyes the moment Jeongyeon wrapped her arms around his waist taking him by surprised.

They usually don't share hugs but when they did it was rare. He felt his heart pounding faster and harder inside his chest. He couldn't help but smile and wish they could stay like that a while longer. He wrapped his arms around her small figure taking in her floral scent that he enjoying smelling on her.

Don't forget me...

I'll miss you...

Jeongyeon pulled away and ran off with tears in her eyes not wanting to see Jiwon's face from her teary one. She heard him call out her name but she kept running until she got home and her lungs were burning like fire.

That was the last time she saw Kim Jiwon.

Her best friend.

- - -

"What?" Bobby was looking at his parents surprised. He had been trying to reach Jeongyeon but she never answered him. He got worried and when he asked his parents if they knew anything his heart dropped.

Jinri looked at her son with a sad smile. "I know you and Jeongyeon are good friends. But I'm sure we will all see them again."

"When are they leaving?" He asked going to the front door putting on his shoes.

"I think they are already gone." She said to him but he was already out of the house.

He raced to her home hoping what his mom told him was a lie. He wanted to tell her 'Bye' and see her off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter