Other Half

Wicked Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There will be days like this. Dara reminded herself.

Days when you have to choose your mind over your heart.

Dara was becoming restless. She tapped her fingers on her lap like it was a piano. 'What are they talking about?' she asked herself too many times.

Jiyong was on the phone with his parents, breaking his promise.

After witnessing what happened at the Park Corporation, he was no longer comfortable with Dara being around her step-dad. He was keeping her as far away from him as possible. He was determined. He would not be able to forgive himself if something bad would happen to Dara. He won't be able to face Yuna, she definately would not be able to forgive him if Dara was in any danger. And he can't take that chance, he can't have Yuna hate him. 

He glanced back at Dara who was sitting agitated at his living room. He knew she wanted to go back home, maybe explain herself to her family.

Was she even supposed to call that her home, when she wasn't safe there? She still isn't safe there. Jiyong thought to himself.

He knew he was doing the right thing.

He is.

 

"Yes mom, I'll take her with me.." Jiyong met Dara's eyes. He kept pacing from left to right, his left hand kept inside his back pocket. "Yes... Yeah... I'll see you soon... Ok. Bye." The call ended. Dara was abit relieved.

Jiyong stared at his phone for a few seconds before he faced her, worried. "I know, I'm sorry."

Dara looked away, she can't take anymore of his stares. "I'm not your problem Kwon. I can handle this." She was still fidgety. How was she supposed to act around him? Toughen up Dara, she thought to herself.

"Yeah right. Like how you handled it a while ago?" Dara sighs. He had a point. He was always right.

She never won any argument with him in the past, why is she trying to have one now? She knows she won't be able to to change his mind. Yes, he won't change his mind now.

 

"We have to go." Jiyong grabbed her up from sitting.

"Where?" Dara sked before she took any step.

"My office, I have to get some documents and settle this once and for all." He was serious. Is he really going to marry her, just to keep her safe? It's too good to be true. Dara trembled at the mere thought. 

"This is kidnapping. I'm not going anywhere with you." Dara was furious. Why was he acting this way? Why is he prying all over her problems? Is he doing this for her? Psh. Ofcourse not! It's for Yuna. Always for her.

"Really?" Jiyong eyed her. "Kidnapping? Are you going to call the cops on me? Let's go." 

"If I have to." Dara refused to move from her spot.

Jiyong smirked. "Okay, stay here then." It was the only time Dara noticed Jiyong was holding on to her.

"I'm leaving." She stated and unclasped Jiyong's grip on her. her heart would explode if he kept that up.

"No, you can't. I'm calling TOP just to make sure you're not going anywhere." He unlocked his phone again trying to find the contact in his phone.

"I can leave. Kidnapping remember?" She tried to make a point. As if that would stop Jiyong.

Jiyong gave out a big exhale. "Dara! Are you not understanding the situation?"

"You can't go back there. The same way your sister can't go back." he continued.

"I have to."

"You don't. What do you need there? Tell me. Because I can guarantee you, everything you need is right here."

"If I don't come back. He'll come for Yuna." There she said it. Her last resort. His weakness.

"He'll find her and make sure she'll never be as happy as she is now." Dara could see that Jiyong was affected by her words. It's always Yuna, and never her. Just let it always be like that. You're used to this expression, Dara reminded herself.

Jiyong was quiet. "Do you understand now Kwon?"

He was thinking of something to say but he somehow knew Dara had a point and he wasn't going to put Yuna in any danger.

"You get it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter