The Bominator

IN THE NAME OF LOVE

Rinnnggg.......rrriiiiiiiiingg. I played deaf and ignored my cellphone constant ringing, I am not into speaking with anyone yet.  Luckily, my parents and chaerin went out of the house early, it saved me from lying to them why I"m back home.  It'll be hard to focus on studying when I feel like today.  How can I just forget everything that transpired earlier.   I went directly to my bedroom and close the door behind me.  Exhaustion from crying and running are catching up...God, I feel so tired.  I threw myself on my bed and immediately close my eyes and fall asleep.

 

I don't know how long I dozed off but it make me feel better now.  I'm staring blankly at the ceiling....don't know what I'm looking there...my mind is empty of any thoughts.  I lazily drag myself to the bathroom.  I need to freshen up and changed my clothes.  It felt good to feel the water from the shower splashing all over me, I hope it can drain and wash away every little worries I have.  Facing the mirror now,  inspecting my cheeks for any visible mark and  finding none, I let out a sigh. I still can recall  how it worries and irked jiyong.   "Bbbbang,... Bangg".  I heard someone banging my door and a familiar voice calling my name. 

"Dara, open up"  

It's bom. Last time I check my phone, I got 15 missed calls from her and countless messages.  I hurried up to open the door and readied myself to  face her wrath, she's not used to be ignored and I know how grand it pisses her.  

 

"Hi Bom"  I said while I open the door wide enough to let her in.  She pass me brushing hard on my shoulder...she's really mad.

 

"Hi yourself there...she said while glaring at me..."Why you miss school today and Why you're not answering your damn phone?"  

 

"Im sorry bom"...I'm not feeling well today"  

 

"Not feeling well....she pause then ran her hand unto my forehead.....are you sick.?"

 

"yeah, this morning but I feel a little bit okey now.  Sorry again If I haven't been able to answer your call and messages, i did only notice them just now" She's looking at me the whole time I'm telling her my alibi....praying inside that she will just buy it and stop asking anymore.

 

"Why your eyes so red and swollen....have you been crying dara?...she asked while looking at me intently....I gulped...I know how observant she really is and I need to think of a lie fast.

 

"Oh...hum...why would I be crying.  perhaps it's because of...oh..hum...the shower I had.  I've stayed longer...must been the water splattering in my eyes."  

 

"Well...if that's so...she stopped talking then grab something inside her bag...I came because you worries me and I need to give you some notes we had today." 

 

She hand me her notebook as I scan it.  "Thank you bom...I can always rely on you when it comes to this matter.  you are always been doing this whenever I miss something at school.  I really do appreciate your concern. Sorry for worrying you."  my tears were caught inside me as I get too emotional.

 

"Ssantoki..we've been friends for too long and we knew each other too well.   We knew each other secrets and even promise to tell each other, console each other of our own problems.  I can read you through and through....you know me better than fool me by your damn lies.  Is there's some problems I need to know now?  I'll be sitting here on your bed...will wait till you open your mouth."

 

It 's always been like this.  I know I can't hide and lie to her. She's someone who knows me too well but how can I tell her everything.  She's not taking problems sitting down...I saw her break loose and it's a hair raising scene so to speak.  How can I tell her as well, that her other close friend were involved in this problem.  I sighed.  

 

"Sighed more dara, I can always invite myself to sleep here.  It's up to you whether you want to talk now or later but I'm not giving you until tomorrow."

 

Argh. I muttered inside.  she is really a pest sometimes.  "There's nothing wrong,  really"

 

"I still want to hear the  'nothing' and you can bet I have all the time to listen to it  NOW."

 

I look at her with my wide open eyes....her pestilence...I mean persistence is just amazing.  

 

"Oh, don't give me that look.  she said while walking through my closet.  I saw her taking a shirt and a short.

 

"Bom, whhaat... are you doing"  I asked

 

"Can't you see?  I'm getting myself a shirt and a short.  Did I tell you earlier that i'll be sleeping over, didn't I." 

 

"Okey....okey.  you win."  I cleared my throat...it will be hard for me to tell her but I decided to tell it to her everything and I mean everything.

 

"Bom, it's about me and sohee."  I saw her arched her brows and nod her head as if telling me to continue.   It pained me to remember it all so it made my eyes welled up and cry.   I felt relieved and comforted by bom's hug as she my back to console me.

 

We stayed in that condition until I broke from her. hug and said  "Bom, please don't blame sohee.  She too is suffering."

 

I saw her nod her head and didn't  say anything.  Can't even read what going on in her mind.   She stood up, took her bag and start walking out of my room. 

 

"Okey ssantoki,  I need to go home now.  I'll see you at school tomorrow.  Bye" she simply said as she left me shaking my head in disbelief.

 

 

BOM"S POV  

It breaks my heart to see dara crying and telling me her story.  I didn't know that she suffers a lot today.  I can't find any appropriate words to say to her that will  take all her pain.  I can only hugged  her and let her feel that I'm always here, a friend that she can lean and understand her.  I sighed as I glance at dara's house once more.  My memories brought me to an 'earlier scene this morning.'  Was she crying too because of this?  There's only one way to find out  I look inside my bag,  fished  my phone and dialled a familiar number. I waited until finally I hear her say "hello bom."

 

"Sohee, where are you?"