Chapter 4

When Love Blooms

"Hyung?"

Junmyeon almost jumped out of the chair he's been sitting on for the past hour. He'd been so engrossed in his patient's face that he didn't even hear the door open.

"I've been here for 10 minutes already and you didn't even notice. You were staring at him this whole time," the newcomer said.

"I'm waiting for him to wake up so I can ask more questions."

"Didn't seem like it," answered an amused voice.

"Shut up. Why are you here anyway?"

"I wanted to check on him in case he wakes up and needs something."

"So you're spending your precious break time checking on him instead of eating or resting? Wow, Kim Jongin," Junmyeon asked incredulously. 

 "Well, you're not the only one who likes staring at him."

 

*************************************************************************

When Luhan opened his eyes that morning, he honestly wished he were dead. There wasn't a single part of his body that wasn't painful. Hell, even his head was throbbing like crazy. He almost cried with happiness when Sehun gently shoved several pain medication and anti-inflammatory pills in front of him. When it finally became tolerable, Sehun helped him to the bathroom where he tried his best to freshen up. He managed to brush his teeth, wash his face and change into fresh boxers while sitting on the toilet. Those simple tasks took so long and were too arduous for an injured man that he found himself drained of all energy. If it weren't for Sehun, he would have stayed slumped in the bathroom forever. 

Luhan decided that his new favorite place is in Oh Sehun's arms. How did he get so lucky to be eating breakfast while wrapped in a warm embrace? He leaned back against Sehun's chest and felt the other man's arms tighten around him. The combination of a full stomach, his meds and the sound of Sehun's steady heartbeat made him drowsy and it wasn't long before he was drifting off to sleep.

*******************************************************************************

"Sehun really cares about him. I've never seen him act like this. Heck, he doesn't even pay us this much attention when we're sick."

"Baek, you're not exactly unbelievably beautiful and kissable like our guest here so..."

"Never thought I'd see the day our tough friend gets all perfect boyfriend material. 

"Will you two shut up," Sehun growled from the bed, having woken up by the sound of his friends' voices.

Junmyeon ushered them all out of the room, saying he needed to talk to his patient privately.

"Okay, so I've already made arrangements at the hospital. Sehun will bring you there tonight and it'll be very quick. You don't have to worry about anyone seeing you coz it'll just be the three of us. I'll handle the machines. Take your medicine after arriving back here. I need you conscious at the hospital."

"I'm sorry to be inconveniencing all of you."

"Don't worry about anything while you're here. You're welcome to stay as long as you need, even after your injuries heal. We know you're dealing with a lot so consider this place as a safe haven while you figure things out," Junmyeon kindly said.

"As your doctor, there's something I need to ask and I hope you answer honestly. It's confidential and I swear even Sehun wouldn't know."

Luhan felt nervous but nodded anyway.

"Were you ually assaulted?"

His eyes widend at the sensitive question and he couldn't stop his face from turning bright red. 

"Umm, No, umm..nothing like that...happened," he stammered. 

"Your blood test result shows you've been drugged so you might not have been aware of everything that went on. I have questions than can help us find out and I know it's uncomfortable but please try your best to answer."

Junmyeon then proceeded to ask about his private parts. He was grateful for the doctor's no-nonsense manner because the questions really made Luhan flustered and he very nearly lost it. He suddenly remembered people leering at his body and taunting him with lewd words; disgusting hands running down his chest and stomach, making him feel dirty. If he didn't manage to escape, he has no doubt he would have been by now. 

"There is no need to torture yourself with unnecessary thoughts. You'll make yourself sick if you continue that. You are far from danger and you have people protecting you now. I wont, I mean, we won't let anyone lay a hand on you."

Luhan looked at Junmyeon, really looked at him for the first time, and realized the doctor has such a commanding yet charismatic presence. His handsome face and gentle voice seems to mirror his kind personality and Luhan immediately feels calm.

"You need to stop looking at me like that or we'd both be in trouble," Junmyeon whispered to his ear.

The doctor left the room with a wink, leaving Luhan blushing at his words. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Sehun avoided Luhan's room the whole day, asking Baekhyun to check on him instead. He's been in an extremely bad mood ever since Junmyeon left. He suspects it wasn't just doctor's concern that made his friend conduct numerous "check-ups" on his patient. It's irrational to feel jealous and knows he's acting like a besotted fool. 

His mood turned darker when Kai came back with the background check on Luhan's uncle.The man is neck-deep in debt and has several criminal records for violence and theft. He found it highly suspicious that he only reported Luhan missing last night when in fact, his nephew bore the marks of being captive and tortured for a week. Could it be his uncle was the one torturing him?  

It was nearly time to go to the hospital when he finally entered the bedroom again. The smile that greeted him was so bright it literally stunned him and made him momentarily forget his purpose for coming. They were in and out of the hospital in no time. The club has it's own garage and the cars they owned were all heavily tinted. Nevertheless, he still made Luhan wear a mask and an oversized hoodie that covered almost his entire head and face. The part of the hospital where they met Junmyeon was also extremely private and hidden, with only a select few aware of its existence and allowed access.

Luhan wanted to ask about it but he was a complete wreck by the time they made it back to the club. He was grimacing in pain with every small movement and he thought he would black out when Sehun finally deposited him on the bed. Just before sleep fully claimed him, he felt Sehun's soft lips on his.

 

*****************************************

Kai stared at the two sleeping figures on the bed and let out a loud sigh. Things are about to change and it doesn't look good.

"Sehun, we've got trouble."