Chapter 1

When Love Blooms

 

Sehun looked down at the sleeping figure on his bed and marveled at how perfect this person is. He couldn't keep his eyes off the petite frame and the long night passed with Sehun memorizing the man's features. He had checked his wallet and from his identification card, he found out that the beautiful man's name is Lu Han. He felt a sense of protectiveness rise from his chest as the person suddenly furrowed his brows and started making distressed sounds. He immediately crouched down and grabbed the sleeping man's hand, enveloping it in his much larger one.

"Sshhh, it's okay," he mumbled softly over and over until the man calmed down and went back to his peaceful slumber.
"I won't let anyone harm you ever again, I promise."

His gaze moved to the man's wrists where several bruises have already started to form. He suspects there are more bruises on the man's body and the realization made him tighten his grip on the hand he's still holding. Sehun could feel himself raging inside and he suddenly felt an urge to punch someone. He smiled manacingly as he imagined what he would do to the person responsible for those bruises. He would make them pay.

When he looked back down on the man's face, he was surprised to see big, caramel eyes staring back at him. The man's luscious lips were slightly parted, making it hard for Sehun to stop himself from leaning down and kissing them.

"Don't leave me."

Sehun's fate was sealed with those three words.

"Never," he answered softly before lowering his body on the bed and enveloping the man in a warm embrace.

Luhan doesn't know who the man is but for the first time in his life, he felt safe. He glanced at their clasped hands and silently wished they could stay like this forever. When the man laid down next to him and gently put his arms around him, the feeling was so overwhelming that he couldn't stop the tears from falling. No one has ever treated him like this before. He felt safe and protected.

He felt his chin being propped up and a pair of intense, black eyes met his. He looks intimidating, like he could kill a man with those eyes. But Luhan knew he has nothing to be afraid of. He doesn't understand why he feels like that given that he knows absolutely nothing about the man staring intently at him.

Warm fingers gently wiped his tears away. Luhan closed his eyes and relished the feeling of being taken care of. A sigh escaped his lips and that brought a small smile on the man's face.

"My name is Oh Sehun and you're going to tell me who hurt you so I can kill him."

His tone was so cold that Luhan shivered upon hearing those words. He now understands that Oh Sehun is a dangerous man but that information doesn't even scare him.

He tried to reach out to touch the man's face but the movement caused a sharp pain on his ribs, making him wince and hiss. Sehun asked permission to inspect his injuries and he felt his cheeks flush as the buttons on his shirt were opened one by one. Their close proximity and the intimacy of the action made it hard for Luhan to breathe.

"Son of a !"

Sehun was shaking in anger and he could barely contain himself. He tried to calm down so as not to scare Luhan but the sight before him was too much.

Almost every inch of skin was covered in bruises. There were marks everywhere, some old, some new. His hands trembled as he pushed Luhan's shirt aside to look at his back. It was much worse and he had to momentarily close his eyes to keep his cool. He doesn't know how Luhan survived such a beating and Sehun vowed that no harm will ever come to him again.