002 - Just One Day

The Awakening of the Sacred Coven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
When Taehyung woke up, his head hurt really bad and it took him a moment to recognize where he is.

 

He was wearing a hospital gown in what could possibly be the school clinic. It was confirmed when he heard the familiar voice of the school nurse treating someone behind the curtains next to him.

It’s not that he’s a regular at the student clinic. He knows he’s not athletic and perhaps not a weakling as well. But he has enhanced auditory senses that he could hear thoughts and easily familiarize himself with voices. One confinement in the clinic is enough to make him remember who owns that calming voice, even if that was ages ago.

Mrs. Son will serve as his beloved caregiver in school today. He would watch him with a motherly eye and let him stay in the comfort of her abode. He already read her thoughts. She was planning to give him cookies when he wakes up.

Taehyung then closed his eyes and faked his sleep so as not to disturb the nurse who is still working on another job.

Until he heard someone scream.

He immediately got up and pulled the curtains aside.

"What was tha—"

He was cut off by the sight of an angel. A girl named Tzuyu was getting her wound dressed by the nurse. The wound was on the knee and it looks really painful. But the sight of blood just made Taehyung’s gut twitch in excitement. There was no way this is going to invite him, though. And at all costs, it shouldn’t. He's trying to become a vegetarian like his best friend Seokjin.

The women who are staring at him in confusion were both seeking for answers. Tzuyu was close to sobbing so when Taehyung met her eyes he smiled the sweetest he could muster.

"It won’t hurt. Trust me. I got hit really hard on the head." He put a palm on the side of his head. "But still, I could smile."

Then both hands turned into flower cups below his chin as he gave her a cute smile again.

He is full of aegyo even when he’s sick.

But the girl just ignored him. Her thoughts saying, "He's weird."

"How are you feeling, dear? Were you having a bad dream?" Mrs. Son asked.

"Um, no," Taehyung replied as if apologetically, "I heard someone scream."

Mrs. Son gave him a wary look, "Nobody screamed."

Okay. So it was all in his head. His head that was hit earlier suddenly finds it hard to discern which is said and thought.

Taehyung then scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, "I guess it was a bad dream."

"Maybe you should get some rest," Mrs. Son suggested as she finished dressing the wound.

"I guess I'm okay," Taehyung said ruefully. "What happened?"

"He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter