Chapter Five

Felonies and Misdemeanors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The heavy bass of the club music reverberated through Soomi's chest as she passed a group of young, heavily made-up women. She had planned a murder tonight.

A man known only as N had quietly been squirreling young girls away in his basement and selling them as slaves in Seoul. It wasn't N that was going to be dead by sunrise, though. Kyungsoo had been tracking his movements to try and trap the bastard, and all the Intel pointed to a deal going down in this club where a client was coming to collect a girl and take her back to the capital.  That man was going to die. N was going to be taken back to one of the holding cells they had fashioned in the new headquarters. It wasn't enough to just kill the greasy slime that kidnapped women and children, Soon had to shake the tree N had set up and hunt down anyone that sold to or collaborated with. The Butchers knew at least about someone called Ravi that found clients for N in Seoul, but his exact location was unknown for now. Soomi wasn't going to be letting him or anyone else go- the only option that she saw was vigilante justice. Meted out by a criminal gang, ironically enough to anyone who wasn't aware of the code of honour that the Busan Butchers followed.

Following behind Soomi was Jongdae, keeping a hand on her shoulder as they twisted and turned to avoid running into the many club-goers. She paused as she reached the back wall and peered up at the upstairs corridor that lead to the private rooms that were always booked well in advance. 

One of the reasons that Soomi could tell that N, while not always working alone, was not a part of a larger organisation was because he was not careful enough with his information. If he were a part of something larger, Kyungsoo wouldn't have been able to find out the exact time and place of the arranged meeting between N and his client. N was an amateur, but an amateur trafficker still must be removed.

N should be in room 2, and conveniently enough, one of party that had booked room 1 was an old co-worker of Jongdae's. Hence, Chen was with her tonight, in the hopes of weaseling their way into the group. The bouncer for the private rooms stood at the bottom of the stairway, so at his usual post he could easily miss a person at the back of the corridor slipping in to room number 2. It was not the most stable plan, but places with a lot of civilians were highly unpredictable and Soomi preferred to keep a rough framework only so as to allow for some flexibility.

"Chen, did you keep that visual on Yugyeom?" Soomi turned to Jongdae, who was not very subtle in trying to avoid looking down at the cleavage her dress exposed. Jongdae shifted his flighty gaze back to the dancefloor where his former coworker and a group of men and women all threw their limbs about confidently. Soomi nodded at Jongdae and they both moved inconspicuously toward them. 

Soomi guided Jongdae's hands to her waist and looked him sweetly in the eyes, urging him not to be awkward just once. Chen bit his lip and smiled excitedly, pulling her closer. Soomi needed to get Jongdae in view of Yugyeom, so she turned his head to face their target, playfully biting his earlobe as an excuse to position themselves correctly. 

"Oi Jongdae!" Roared Yugyeom when he caught sight of his old co-worker. Soomi pulled away from Chen and pretended to look embarassed. 

"Jongdae, you legend, where have you been? C'mere!" Yugyeom yelled above the thumping music. At that, Jongdae grabbed Soomi's hand and dragged her with him to where Yugyeom was standing. 

"Yugyeom hyung! How are you?" Chen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter