Yeri The Koala

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Yeri...are you okay?" I asked as I got the ingredients out for dinner that night. Yeri had been down ever since we got her things from her ex-home. She had been rather quiet. I understand that it's a big...it's a messy transition for her. Even though her and I are close, she was just abandoned by her parents. I suppose it must have sunken in while we were packing her stuff up. She didn't even help me move her things inside. She had been sitting on the couch and staring at the wall for the past hour. I knew I should leave her alone, but enough was enough.

"Hmm." She didn't give me any indication, other than a simple noise to let me know she was still alive. I sighed, taking a seat next to her on the couch. 

"You wanna help me cook dinner?" I nudged her, smiling. She shook her head, not even bothering to look at me. "Do you...is there a movie you wanna watch?" She shook her head again. "Yeri..." I sighed. "Is there anything I can do?" 

"I don't want to be alone." She mumbled. 

"Well, I'm right here." I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her a little closer. "You have hip-hop tomorrow...would you like to spend the day with me at the studio?" She nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Yeri." I leaned my head on hers. "I know it doesn't mean much right now, but...I love you. I really do. I call you a demon because I...I care about you a lot. I want you to know that you've never actually annoyed me. I just like to mess around with you."

"I know." She wrapped her arms around me. "Momo...I'm sorry, but I'm not hungry tonight." 

"I wouldn't be either..." I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen table. I got a chocolate bar out of the cupboard and handed it to her. "You've got to at least eat this. I know you love candy...I just wish I had gotten more while I was at the store. What do you want for breakfast tomorrow? I'll make whatever you want." 

"I don't know." She held her arms out, so I went over to her and hugged her tightly. "Why aren't I hungry?" Her voice started to break.

"It's okay, Yeri." I hugged her as tightly as I possibly could. "It's going to be okay. You've just got to focus on things that make you happy for now. It hurts now, and that's okay. Just...take care of yourself. We could go to the spa tomorrow, if you want." I ran my fingers through her hair, giving all the affection I possibly could to this tiny girl in front of me. 

"B-But...Mina." She sniffled. 

"What about her?" 

"She's probably texted you by now...and...you should respond. You love her."

"But I love you, too. And if I remember correctly, we agreed that Yeri comes before Mina." I kissed the top of her head. "Eat your chocolate, okay? I think I'll just have ramyeon tonight." 

"Momo..." She whined as I started to put the ingredients for dinner away. "You need to eat, too." 

"I am going to eat, silly." I chuckled. "I'm just gonna have ramyeon instead of something healthy."

"Okay..." She mumbled, and I heard her start to eat the chocolate. I smiled to myself, knowing that Yeri could never resist anything sweet, and that she wouldn't have to deal with hunger on top of all the emotional things she's going through. I finished preparing my ramyeon, and leaning back on the counter, eating. "Momo?" 

"Mm?" I had my mouth full.

"Can I sleep with you tonight? I...I just feel really...I don't know." She pouted, looking at me with reddened eyes from crying. 

"Of course." I agreed once I swallowed the food in my mouth. "Do you wanna sleep in your room or mine?"

"I don't care." She shrugged. "I just don't want to be alone." 

"Okay, I'll sleep in your room tonight, then." I smiled. "And you still have half of that chocolate bar left, Miss Yeri." I scolded her playfully. She giggled and took a large bite of the chocolate bar. 

 

"Yeri..." I hummed, shaking her lightly. I had just woken up, and it was time for me to get breakfast going for the two of us. "Wake up, honey~" 

"Mmm..." She grumbled, rolling away from me until she hit the wall. 

"What do you want for breakfast?" I got out of bed and threw the blankets on my side of the bed on top of her. 

"Bacon...and..." She yawned. "Waffles." 

"You got it." I patted the lump of blankets that concealed Yeri, and went to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. I had made four out of ten strips of bacon when Yeri stumbled into the kitchen. She sat at the table, her lips, though her eyes were still closed. Her hair was an adorable mess, with strands sticking up all over the place. I poured the waffle batter into the waffle maker, seeing as she was up and ready to eat, and made waffles while keeping an eye on the bacon. I had made two waffles and eight strips of bacon so far, but I could hear Yeri's stomach growling behind me. I put the waffles and bacon on seperate plates and set them in front of Yeri. I gave her a bottle of syrup and a fork and knife. "Eat up. I can make more if you're still hungry." All I heard in response was the sound of eating. It sounded like she had her appetite back since, when I turned around moments later, four strips of bacon were gone, and she was working on eating the fifth. I felt a weight lift off my chest as Yeri dug into her food. 

I kept making waffles and bacon, and we ended up with a full Yeri, and five waffles left over. She had eaten four waffles, twelve strips of bacon, three cups of orange juice, and was leaning back in her chair, patting her belly. I had three waffles and three strips of bacon, with a cup of orange juice. I decided to bring the left over waffles with us to the studio in case Yeri got hungry while I was working. She knew Nayeon's stash very well, as most students did, but I didn't know if she'd prefer waffles to pretzels during the day. I put all of the dishes in the sink and ran some water over them. Because of breakfast, we were starting to get a little bit crunched for time. My classes started at eleven, but it was already ten, and it was a fifteen minute drive to the studio. 

"Should I go get dressed?" Yeri got off of her chair with a few hiccups. 

"That would be good, yeah. I'm gonna get dressed, too." I turned off the water, and went to my closet, which was still in Yeri's room. The whole move was sudden, so I still had to move things out of that room. I picked out the clothes I wanted to wear, then went into the room that I used for practice. It would be converted into a bedroom, but it was large enough so that I could keep all my things at the back of the room, or to one side, and still have room for dance stuff. I tossed the long-sleeved crop top on my bed with the leggings I would wear today. I got changed quickly, then left my room, but not without grabbing my phone. I went to the bathroom to do my makeup. Yeri was probably still getting dressed. Once my base makeup was done, I did some nice cat-eyed eyeliner, and put on a little bit of lip tint. Yeri came in once I finished up, she opted for some sweatpants with a baggy crop top. "Do you have everything you need for dance?" I asked, as I prepared to brush my teeth. 

"Yep." She smiled, doing her mascara. "You know, Momo, I thought about what you said. You told me to focus on things that make me happy. So...I'm gonna give it my all today." 

"I thought you usually gave it your all." I whined, rinsing my mouth out. 

"Yeah, but today I'm gonna go even harder." She grinned at me. "I see...your makeup..." She giggled. "Is there someone you're trying to impress...? Could her name be...Mina?" 

"Shut up." I laughed, wiping my mouth. "We'll leave when you're ready, but try to get ready quickly. It's ten..." I glanced at my phone. "Ten-thirty...oh. I guess you don't have to hurry up too much." I shrugged, then started brushing my hair. When I was done getting ready, I went to the living room and sat on the couch, using the time to check my messages from Mina. Which there were plenty of. 

Minariii <3 :

>Hey Momo. How are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter