The Return

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not even going to start talking about how hard the past few weeks have been for me without my Mina, so I won't. All I cared about was that she'd be returning today. I'd be working when she got back from the airport, and she refused to let me take off work to pick her up. Her parents were taking care of that, and if they got suspicious of us, we might end up getting seperated again. Neither of us wanted to risk that. She'd be back at the studio after a few days of rest, and we'd be able to continue our relationship like normal. 

It was January 30th when I got the text that she had arrived back in Korea. I had gotten the message while I was in the middle of helping Yeri's friend group out with an EXID cover, so I didn't notice the message until after I got home. Yeri tossed her things on the couch and sat in the kitchen on her phone, arranging a date and time with her friends for recording the cover. They needed someone to choreograph a fifth part, since they firmly believed that Solji needed to be represented, and that doing a cover with only four of them would feel empty. I also eagerly awaited the day that Mama Solji would return to EXID from her hiatus, and agreed that someone needed to cover a makeshift "Solji" part, which I choreographed. We were quiet, since we were both tired, and all that could be heard was the sizzling from the oil as I cooked fried noodles for dinner. I heard my phone go off, and Yeri went to pick it up for me. 

"It's Mina unnie!" She screamed. I turned off the fire and ran over to Yeri, who shoved my phone into my hands while dancing around. I unlocked my phone, and read the messages she sent me.

From : Minariii <3 <3 <3

>Hey Moguri~ I just got back in Korea. Text me later, ok babe?<

>I'm gonna go to bed soon...jet lag and all. I missed you...<

I responded as quickly as my fingers would let me. The first message was sent while I was working with Yeri and her friends, while the second one was sent mere moments ago. 

To : Minariii <3 <3 <3

>I'm so sorry Mina!!! I didn't notice you texted me! I missed you too!!!!!!< 

>I love you lots Minariiiiiii<

She responded immediately. 

From : Minariii <3 <3 <3

>Can you talk over the phone?? You're probably getting dinner ready for Yeri.< 

I called her and she picked up. She was whispering, but her voice was still squeaking with happiness and excitement. "Could I put you on speaker phone, babe?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course." She hummed. As soon as I put her on speaker phone, Yeri screamed.

"Mina! I missed you so much! When can you come over? I miss your cooking!" 

"Aww, I'm sorry I haven't been able to cook for you." She chuckled, a sound I missed dearly. "My parents are keeping me home for the rest of today and all of tomorrow to make sure I recover well. I might be able to come over the day after tomorrow...?" 

"Thursday?" I confirmed. 

"Ah, but you have classes on Thursday...when do you get off?" She sighed. 

"Thursdays usually go until five or six. If it runs later, blame my urban class." I chuckled. 

"The Blinks?" She laughed back. "I missed those girls, too...and Yeri's friends." 

"But you missed me the most, right?" Yeri chirped, standing over the phone. 

"Of course! How could I not miss little Yeri? So, Moguri, should I just go to the dance studio Thursday instead of waiting for you to get off work? I'm not supposed to start working again until Friday, but I could come a day early, right?" 

"Of course, Mina." I vibrated with happiness at the thought of seeing my Mina again. What she said to me our last night together still echoed in my mind: 'How did I get so lucky?...I wanna live w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter