Six Months

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My alarm went off at six in the morning. I kissed Mina's-

Oh. She's gone. I had kissed a pillow. Yeri must be up, since there's a strong smell of chocolate pancakes drifting through the house. I sat up and looked around the room, trying to hold back tears. I wasn't sure why I felt like crying. It just felt like...I wanted to wake up next to Mina and make her breakfast in the morning. I wanted to take care of her, but she was gone. Maybe she had second thoughts, or maybe I made her feel awkward. Maybe she didn't want to date someone who technically was a parent; she may not have wanted to take care of a child. I picked up her cute turtleneck sweater that she was wearing yesterday. I hugged it close, and considered going back to bed. I wanted to call in sick to work. It was weird...how Mina and I weren't together very long, yet the pain I feel now is too strong. 

Either way, I had to wake up Yeri and get her ready for school. I wiped the tears I didn't realize had fallen off my cheeks, and left the room, leaving Mina's shirt on my pillow. I closed the door behind me with a sniffle. 

"Moguri, is that you?" I perked up at the sound of her voice. I almost screamed with happiness. 

"Yeah." I cleared my throat, trying to sound like I wasn't just crying moments ago. 

"Come here!" Mina's voice was so cute and cheerful. I couldn't help myself and ran into the kitchen. She handed me a plate of pancakes. "I'm not a great cook, but...I figured I'd cook breakfast for you. Especially since you ended up paying for everything yesterday, and drove us around. Not to mention..." She winked. "You know." She looked at my face, then her eyes widened. She dropped the spatula she was using to flip pancakes onto the pan, and grabbed my shoulders. "What's wrong, Momo?" 

"Nothing." I chuckled, then kissed her cheek. "You're gonna burn the pancakes." I picked the spatula up- a big mistake. "Ouch!" I yelped. 

"Oh no, Momo!" Mina whined, then kissed my hand. She the sink and put my hand underneath it. "You silly...there was a hot pad right here." She used the hot pad to pick up the spatula, then continued flipping pancakes. "And tell me what's going on. Your eyes are red, and I recall you telling me that you don't do drugs." 

"It's embarrassing..." I sighed and filled up a bowl with cold water. I rested my burning hand in it.

"Momo. Just tell me." She kissed my cheek. 

"I, umm..." I laughed awkwardly. "I thought you left." 

"Oh my gosh, no!" She gasped. "I would never! I'd at least leave you a note if I absolutely had to go somewhere and couldn't wake you up. Maybe I should've left you a note letting you know I was cooking breakfast...I'm sorry." 

"It's not your fault, Minari." I hummed, wrapping an arm around her waist. I kissed her cheek a few times. "I'm gonna go wake up th-"

"Food." I heard the tired voice of a certain kid. I turned around and saw her plop herself down at the table. "I'm hungry." She grumbled. Mina found this adorable, and she served Yeri a plate stacked high with pancakes and a bottle of syrup. "Food!" She screamed and began to dig in to her breakfast. 

"Can you get her something to drink, Momo? I kinda..." She bit her lip. "I mean, I can get it, your hand is-"

"Nah." I chuckled, and went to the fridge. I filled up a large glass with orange juice and set it in front of Yeri, who mumbled a "thank you" with full. 

"You haven't eaten yet." She pouted. 

"Fine, I will." I laughed, and started to cut the pancakes with one hand. Mina took the knife and fork from me and cut them herself, then poured some syrup on top. "Thank you, Minari." I kissed her cheek again. 

"Get a room!" Yeri groaned. I kissed Mina's cheek once more, then sat down with Yeri. "You're gross." 

"It wasn't gross when Joy kissed you." I , nudging her shoulder. 

"Hey! That's different!" She whined, hitting me while shoveling food into . I took a bite of the pancakes Mina made. 

"This is really good, Minari!" I squealed. Yeri nodded vigorously, still stuffing with pancakes. 

"Thanks..." She blushed a light shade of pink. "I'm glad you both like it." She finished cooking, then began to eat her pancakes, but she remained standing. 

"Mom!" Yeri whined.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"No, not Momo mom, Mina mom!" She glared at me. "You should sit down, too. You cooked all of it. There's no reason to stay standing." 

"Ah, but there's no chair-" I got up, and grabbed the chair that I used at my desk in my room. I carried it back and set it down at the table.

"Yeri's right, for once." I shrugged. She took a seat on the chair I brought and ate her pancakes with us. 

"What do you mean, 'for once'?!" Yeri pointed her fork at me. 

"I just mean that you tend to be a little...how do I put this gently...?" I . 

"Momo!" My demon child whined. "Not in front of my other mom!" 

"Why do you keep calling her 'mom'?" I chuckled, patting her head. "I just started dating her. I can't put the pressure of being a parent on her yet." Mina's face was a deep red from blushing. 

"Okay, but I can. You said Nayeon was like another mom for me, anyways. Why can't Mina be a mom?"

"Nayeon is my best friend." I laughed. "Plus, she's always been a mom for you just like I have. And is Jeongyeon your mom?" She shook her head. "Exactly. Because Nayeon and Jeongyeon are dating. And Jeongyeon doesn't need to have kid responsibilities flung on her either." I kissed her cheek. "As cute as you are, some people aren't exactly eager to have kids."

"Fine. I guess I'll have to agree...because you're right on one thing." Yeri sighed, taking another bite of her pancakes. 

"And what was I right about?" 

"My cuteness." She flipped her hair. "Joy says I'm cute, too." 

"You're adorable." I checked the clock on the wall. "Hurry up and finish breakfast. I gotta get you to school." I patted her back. She shoved nearly an entire pancake in , then ran to her room. "Sorry about her." I chuckled. 

"Don't be sorry." My Mina laughed, and picked up the hand I had burnt. "How does your hand feel?" 

"It's fine, I guess. It's throbbing a little bit, but it's nothing serious. I'll just wrap it and it'll be fine." 

"Are you sure you don't need to see a doctor?" She was staring at the burn intensely. 

"I'm fine." I leaned over the table and kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, Minari." 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

"So, Momo." Nayeon and I were talking on the phone in my bedroom, while Yeri and Joy were hanging out in the living room. "It's been six months. How serious are you about Mina?"

"What kind of question is that?" I laughed. "I'm whipped." 

"Honestly, Momo." Her tone of voice caught me off guard. "Jeongyeon proposing to me got me thinking. Of course, not right then and there, but the morning after, when she was making me breakfast and giving me a shoulder massage and basically turned me into a princess...Mina is serious about you, and- Jeong, babe, I'm talking to Momo." I assumed Jeongyeon felt a little jealous, since Nayeon started laughing hysterically, and pleading with her fiancee to stop. "Mo is having relationship stuff. Yes, she has a girlfriend. Her girlfriend is serious about them, yes. I'm talking to Momo about it right now, you silly! Yes. Yes, it's fine, baby. I love you." I heard a kiss. "Sorry, Jeong is needy sometimes. Anyways, Mina has literally been the perfect housewife to you." 

"I know...that's kinda what did me in." I chuckled. "She's a really good cook! Yeri likes her food more than mine..." 

"Exactly." Nayeon laughed. "I'm putting you on speaker. Jeong wants to talk to you, too." 

"Momo, you've gotta understand. When a girl makes you breakfast and starts acting like a housewife, she's into you. Like, it's not flirting anymore. Nayeon would do the dishes for me when I was too lazy, and she started, like, cleaning my apartment when she noticed it was dirty. And she'd scold me for letting it get dirty in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter