Teaching With Mina

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lovebirds?!" Mina yelped. I personally felt a little offended that she seemed upset about it. I shrugged. 

"Nayeon just likes to make fun of me." I chuckled, patting her shoulder. "I'm just gonna warm up and stretch." 

"I meant it when I said 'lovebirds'. Why don't you two go on a date or something after work?" She winked. 

"What?! No! We're co-workers!" Mina's face was bright red. "I'm sure there's still work that needs to be done somewhere..." 

"Well, I should brush up on the choreography I'm teaching today. It's Parris's routine, so...I shouldn't need much of an explanation, right?" I chuckled. I just wanted to get away from Mina...and brushing up on choreography that I'll be teaching that day wouldn't be a bad idea to begin with. Nayeon could tell that something was wong, I could see her eyebrows furrow in worry. Mina didn't notice, since her and I weren't very close. She didn't know me very well, and I didn't know her either. 

"Okay, Momo." Nayeon sighed. "Mina, let's talk about a certain water fountain and floor tile..." She chuckled darkly. Time for the intern to get to work, I guess. I went into my practice room, where Mina had put her things next to mine. I couldn't help but smile. 

"I fall for girls way too quickly, don't I?" I sighed. I "So Hot", the remix from BlackPink, and started stretching. I felt it was a crime not to listen to the group, since my obsessed Blink students would be in any moment now for practice. I did the splits, reaching to each side for a few seconds. Then, I entered the wheel pose to stretch out my abs. I walked around in that position to warm up my muscles, then stood up from it. I stretched my arms, and "Mek It Bunx Up" and started running the choreography. There was a lot of ad-lib parts involved, which was a fun characteristic of urban dance. Whereas hip-hop and jazz focused on having a group in sync, urban style dance opened up the possibility of everyone in a group having their own groove.

"Is that what we're learning today?" I turned, seeing the four girls that were the reason I listened to BlackPink this morning. I recognized the voice as Jennie's. 

"Yep!" I grinned. "I didn't even see you girls come in." 

"We didn't want to disturb you when you're practicing." Rose smiled. "It was weird not seeing you in the front like usual...you're usually chatting with Nayeon." 

"Ah, we have an intern, so we finished cleaning early today. If you girls have anything you want to rehearse, you can go for it." I grinned, unplugging my phone from the speaker. "And I have a feeling that you girls are here forty minutes early for that reason, since there was a certain single that was released..." 

"Yeah..." Lisa chuckled. "You know us too well. This is our first time putting all the parts together." 

"Oh really? I won't judge you too harshly, then." I laughed, then went to take a seat on the couch where Mina and I's stuff was laying. The girls talked amongst themselves as they took off their coats and put on their dance shoes. They seemed excited, and were comparing how much they had practiced. Jisoo's practice time actually beat Lisa's for once, making Rose the one who had practiced the least. I was surprised. They started working, and I felt my phone buzz about five minutes into their rehearsal. I picked it up, and had a message from Nayeon. 

Nabongs :

>Hey Mo. You good?< 

To : Nabongs

>Fine. I guess I'm just overreacting about Mina.<

I set my phone down, and went to go see what the girls were arguing about. 

"No, no, it's the left foot!" Lisa insisted. 

"I had the longest practice time, and I say it's the right foot." Jisoo stuck her tongue out at their youngest friend. 

"Please help." Jennie gave me a look of defeat. "We're working off of a blurry fancam. Please settle this." 

"Alright, alright. Show me the video you're working with." I laughed as Jennie gave me her phone and played the video. 

"It's at one-forty." Rose pointed out, as all four huddled around me. I paused it when they started yelling at each other. I checked the title of the video, which said it was mirrored, so there was no need to convert BlackPink's lefts and rights into our lefts and rights. 

"Calm down!" I scolded, but couldn't help laughing at how many fights these girls would get into. They were like siblings...they fought so much, and made fun of each other, but they were inseperable. "Whoever says it's the left..." Lisa's face perked up. Of course my best urban kid would get it right. "That's correct." Lisa screamed in happiness, jumping around, then jumping on Jisoo and holding onto her as if she were a koala. 

"Love you, Jichu." She grinned, clinging to the unimpressed older girl. 

"Jerk." She laughed, pushing Lisa off of her. "Alright, alright, it's left." 

"Thanks, Momo!" Jennie and Rose hugged me. "You saved us!" 

"No prob-" I stopped in the middle of my word, since I heard a knock on the door. No one knocks here. We're too close for that. "I'll be back in a few, I guess. Keep it up, kids!" I opened the door, seeing Nayeon there. I stepped out. "What's up?"

"I gotta know." She whispered into my ear, pulling me close. "Do you like Mina?" 

"I mean, I guess I do, why?" I whispered back.

"All I needed to know. You weren't responding to my text, so I got worried." She sighed with relief. "You're okay?"

"As okay as I can be right now. And I did respond." I crossed my arms.

"Not the second one." She pouted. 

"I was settling a dispute among the Blinks." I chuckled. 

"Oh, nevermind, then." She laughed. "They're okay, too?"

"Yep." I patted her shoulder. "I'll text you, okay?" 

" 'Kay, thanks, Mo." She hugged me, then scurried off. I went back into the room and sat on my couch as the girls kept working on their routine. I pulled out my phone, and saw the text Nayeon was worried about me not responding to. 

Nabongs :

>So, okay, you LIKE Mina, right? Are you upset about something?<

To : Nabongs

>She's cute and pretty and yeah. I have an interest. I guess I'm just being petty over her not wanting to date me.<

Nabongs :

>YES I KNEW IT. And okay, she probably denied it because she doesn't know if you're interested. Idk I don't know her all that well, either.<

To : Nabongs

>She doesn't seem like as much of a fan as you made her out to be.< 

Nabongs :

>Yo, she keeps asking me about you, like, it's crazy. She's a total fangirl.<

To : Nabongs 

>WHAT. WHEN. WHERE. WHY. HOW.<

I squealed out loud, kicking my legs around. My four students turned around and looked at me in shock. I coughed, and covered my mouth, pretending nothing happened...they were too smart for that. I was attacked on all sides by sweaty college girls. Jisoo took my phone while the other three held me down. 

"Momo has a crush..." Rose giggled. 

"Okay, okay, calm down." I laughed...maybe I was a little bit too relaxed with my students. The whole student-teacher hierarchy thing practically didn't exist around me and the students who took advantage of it. 

"Who?" Jennie shook me by my shoulders. 

"Tell me, tell me, tell-"

"Shut." Jisoo cut Lisa off with a stern face. It was rare for the girl to be serious. "We need to be quiet. Girls, lean in." The three girls jumped off of me and surrounded Jisoo. "It's the intern she was talking about." She whispered. "Apparently, her name is Mina." She looked at me with a cold glare. "How are we supposed to know if she's good enough for you? Not anyone can just get with our dance teacher." These girls could switch in an instant from fun-loving and carefree to serious and deadly. Even I got the shivers under Jisoo's glare when she was serious. 

"Hey, I have a crush on her, calm down." I stood up, taking my phone from Jisoo. "It's not like anything is going to happen-"

"You're both fangirling over each other in these texts." Jisoo pointed to my phone. 

"Really?!" Rose squealed. "That's the cutest!"

"How do we know she's not another gold digger?" Jennie cracked her knuckles, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter