-Twenty Two-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was a blur to Jinri. She had no recollection of what happened after giving birth, all she knew was the touch of fingers lingering on her face that woke her up from a seemingly deep slumber. She fluttered her eyes open to make clear of the blurry figure greeting her the moment she regained conscious. 

"Sehun oppa..." She called in a weak voice. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Sehun asked gently, fingers busy caressing her pale cheeks. 

Carefully, Sehun helped Jinri to sit up, as she was still recovering from the labour. 

"What happened? Where is little plum?"

Sehun cupped her cheeks, "Don't worry, little plum is safe and sound in the nursery room. You were so exhausted that you knocked out after giving birth to little plum," he released a chuckle that Jinri has been dying to hear. 

Jinri nodded in acknowledgement.

"I am sorry I couldn't make it to operating theatre. I took the earliest flight back but I still missed out the most important moment of our lives. I am sorry for not being there when you need me the most."

Jinri shook her head, implicating that she understands his reason and there is no need for him to be remorse about. However, Sehun still couldn't help to be saddened by the fact that he wasn't there to watch the birth of his first child. At the same time, he was thankful for Jongin and Chanyeol, who were to give her moral support. 

"I will be there next time, I promise."

Jinri's cheeks were tinted with red. Does he mean that they will have more kinds in the future? 

Sehun caught her blushing, he grinned, hands still gently cupping her face. 

"Being apart from you for the past few weeks make me realise how much I miss you and how much I need you in my life. I was douche for hurting you over and over again, and also for not sorting my damn feelings out. I thought I still wasn't over Joohyun. But now, I am very clear of what I want. I want to give you and little plum, and our future kids, a happy family. I want to be with you, I love you Jinri. Will you give me another chance?"

Bitting her lips, the tears that Jinri tried to hold rolled down her cheeks, but it's happy tears. Although she still has doubts towards Sehun, as he has completely broken her heart previously, nonetheless, she nodded her head and hummed a yes. 

"Thank you Jinri," Sehun heaved a sign of relief. This time, he will make things right and not things up again, "I will make sure to make everything right this time and show you that you are the only girl I want. Joohyun will always be part of my fond memories, my past, but you are my present and future."

"What about Irene?"

Sehun shot a questioning look, "Irene is just someone whom resembles your sister that happened to mess up my life for a period but I am over it. Jinri, trust me, I only want you, and nobody else."

"If you break your promise again, I am going to Jongin oppa," Jinri teased. 

Sehun stole a kiss from her, "Rest assured. I am serious this time. And," he planted a really sweet smooch on Jinri's forehead, "Thank you for giving birth to little plum. You did well and I am proud of you."

 

Jinri and little plum, which Sehun had decided to name it Oh Jihoon, were both discharged from the hospital. For the past few days during her stay in hospital, Jinri felt like a princess with so many people visiting her and taking care of her, while Jongin and Chanyeol couldn't stop fighting for the best god uncle position. Jinri could foresee the two of spoiling Jihoon with lots of toy cars and robots. Also, not to mention, Sehun has been the sweetest and most caring guy on Earth. He never fails to bring nice food for her whenever he visited her in between his work. Jinri knew that he was busy and she told him that he didn't have to come everyday but Sehun defied her. Halmeoni was so excited over the arrival of her great grandson that she sent pastries to every single person working in the hospital and she was already talking about her next grandchild. 

"Jihoon needs a playmate. I wouldn't mind the gender!"

Jinri ended blushing like a tomato while Sehun groaned at his grandma for being too impatient as Jinri was still in the midst of recovering. 

Arriving back at home, Sehun brought Jinri, who w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter