The Dream

Portrait Of A Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun had recently moved to an old Korean house; a small dilapidated hanok at the middle of Seoul. It was funny how a rundown traditional house still stood in the modern capital, left to its own devices with weeds and other wild plants growing throughout. But it was still a sight.

He was captivated by its oldness, its antiqueness, its grotesqueness; a strange sense of home surging inside of him. Jaehyun couldn’t help but be pulled towards it.

As he slipped inside his makeshift bed, grateful it was in the middle of summer so the cold breeze was subtle and light, his body thrummed in excited anticipation. He would be going through the house tomorrow so he could personally survey his next project. He was beyond enthralled.

Sleep soon took over him.

 

**

He was covered in darkness, enveloped in silence and stillness. He couldn’t see anything beyond as if space did not exist in wherever or whatever place he was in; time itself seemed like an illusion, the past, present, and the future seemingly going through his veins. Jaehyun was seriously at a loss. He wasn’t sure if he was dreaming or had entered some sort of void. An uncomfortable feeling instantly settling in his stomach.

A prickling sensation then overwhelmed him, goosebumps appearing on his back. He somehow knew he was being called. Grasping his wits, Jaehyun slowly turned around from where he stood. He was on alert, concentrating on pinpointing the presence who wanted him here.

There was faint glimmer on his right that caught his attention. He blinked a few times before discerning it was the presence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter