The Storage Room

Portrait Of A Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun couldn’t fall back to sleep since he’d woken up from his dream; a feeling of immense restlessness had settled in his stomach. He sat in the veranda and waited for the day to start.

Seeing the sunrise wasn’t new to Jaehyun. It was a hobby of his, especially whenever he was in a bind or two. Watching the start of the day always and somehow calmed him. There was just something poetic about it - the vision of the rising sun, it’s rays washing all of his worries away. His friends would about it but the male was undeterred. Jaehyun always basked in the warmth and the change of hues. He absolutely loved the transition from the dark blues to a bright, light, and cheery one. He definitely loved witnessing it with his own eyes.

As his eyes gazed at the feather-like white clouds, the face of the woman in his dream came to mind. “She really was a beauty,” he mused to himself, chuckling softly. “I wonder if I’d get to see her again…”

Snapping out of his daze, Jaehyun finally decided to start his day. It’s going to be a busy one for him after all.

 

**

The young male had spent his morning cleaning and surveying his small house. When he bought it, he merely did a quick tour. He didn’t bother with the many broken and weary flooring, leaks, and other whatnots. He really wanted the house - no matter state it was in. Even if repairs would cost him a fortune, Jaehyun would not regret it. Owning the house itself had already brought him great satisfaction, restoring it on the other hand was exhilarating for him. He was an architect after all. Restoring the dilapitated building was a challenge Jaehyun would gladly take on. Many ideas were already swirling in his mind. He certainly couldn’t wait to start his restorations.

As Jaehyun finished the last bits of his lunch, his plan for the house was almost done too. He only needed to check and clear out the storage area and he’d be a step closer to restoring. As far as Jaehyun was aware of, there were things of the previous owner  in the old storage. He was honestly hoping he’d find a few artifacts or antiques he could restore and use for the house. “I might even find a treasure,” he said with a grin.

Excitement bubbling inside of him again, Jaehyun washed the dishes he used and then made his way to the storage right after.

 

**

He stared at the door leading towards the old storage. The door itself was weary and obviously hadn’t been used for years. Jaehyun pursed his lips in thought. He doesn’t think he’d get locked in but he somehow felt un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter