By the Willow Tree

Portrait Of A Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong had recently arrived in Hanyang(+) from the Eastern region for his next commission. He had been living along the coastline, painting and simply relaxing along the shores after a speaking with a potential sponsor when a messenger arrived in his rundown house.

The messenger gave him a letter and instantly recognized the family seal. It was from the Park family. Everyone knew the prestigious house of General Park Bonhwa after all. They were requesting to meet with him for a future endeavour. It seemed they were willing to pay him dearly too. He was surprised, honestly shocked of the request. Even though he was apprehensive, Jiyong knew beggars couldn’t be choosers. He desperately needed the money after all.

In five days, the artist found himself walking in the streets of the capitol.

 

**

He gently placed the elegant teacup on its saucer. The warm jasmine tea somehow calmed his anxious nerves. He gazed at his surrounding, a sense of awe and wonder bubbling inside of him.

The Park family’s garden was massive. Variations of plants could be seen growing and blossoming steadfastly in its grounds; from plum, apple, apricot, pine, and even bamboo - Jiyong just couldn’t help but be mesmerized. The garden was breathtaking, honestly moving his heart.

He stared at the pathway leading back to the main house. When he arrived, Jiyong was immediately escorted to a gazebo in the center of the garden and was asked to simply wait for their young master. It had been a while since his tea was served. He was honestly getting a little antsy. He wanted to be calm when his potential sponsor would arrive.

Jiyong stared at the pathway again, a sigh leaving his lips. “Maybe a walk would settle these nerves,” he softly mumbled.

He then stood up from his seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter