Prologue

Portrait Of A Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

The moon – full and majestic – illuminated the dark night sky. Silver moonlight danced through the dusk, glittering structures hauntingly, captivatingly. It was late, the streets blaringly empty. Winter had finally come yet no snow had still fallen. The cold was unforgivable, biting and seeping; no one dared to stroll at this ungodly hour. Everyone was tucked in their beds, fast asleep and heavily dreaming. Except for one person – an artist named Kwon Jiyong.

He was in his studio, unwavering in his concentration. Eyebrows carefully knotted together, his hand moved expertly; the brush seemingly like a wand a wizard swishes during incantations. The sight of him painting… it was magical.

Lovely and powerful strobes were created effortlessly. Colours meshing perfectly well together like a beautiful harmony of notes and melodies; his painting was remarkably coming to life before his eyes – she was slowly coming to life.

The image ingrained in his mind couldn’t be kept quiet. Every time he closed his eyes, she was there. Every corner he looked, she was there. She was just everywhere and anywhere; taunting him, daunting him. It disturbed Jiyong greatly. He couldn’t ignore it, honestly. Nor could he try to forget it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter