Chapter 4

Love or Dreams?

 

Sohee's POV

I started to practice with Myungsoo. It was a little awkward because we were not close to begin with.

 

"So how do we start it?" I asked to break the awkwardness.

 

"I think you should sing first then I'll come in second. So we can divide the lines like that." He said.

 

"Wait should we have parts where in we'll have parts that we can have harmonizations and parts where in we sing together to get the essence of a duet." I suggested.

 

"Ok we can have those" he only gives short responses.

 

We started singing with divided parts. I think Myungsoo could not get the tone correct with his guitar. "Myungsoo, I think we can just not follow the score. And just go with your feelings so we can add a twist to the song." His finger looks like it could get a lot of wounds trying to play it perfectly. "Do you want me to demonstrate the feel I was telling you with a piano?" So I demonstrated the feel I was looking for.

 

"I have a great idea!" Myungsoo suddenly stood up. "Why don't we collaborate both the piano and guitar while singing" why didn't I think of that?He's a genius. The sounds of both the piano and guitar would make a great melody!

 

We tried collaborating both the sounds and it turned very beautiful.

 

Junmyeon and Eunbyeol entered the Practice Room. "Wow you both sound amazing" they entered while clapping their hands.

 

"Of course! It was Myungsoo's idea" I pointed at Myungsoo

 

"Obviously it can't be yours!" Junmyeon sticked out his tongue. I hit him.

 

"Actually Sohee gave me the idea because she was demonstrating the feel she wanted." Myungsoo said.

 

"If you did not bring food and you talk like that, I will not allow you to enter the practice room again." I pushed Junmyeon and Eunbyeol out.

 

"Did you say food?" Eunbyeol brought out a bag of chicken. "I thought you'd be hungry while practicing" what a considerate friend.

 

The practice continued for a week. We began being close with each other. We talked about our interests and music we listen to. We too have some things common just like he also listens to Indie bands like Standing egg and One More Chance.

 

Myungsoo's POV

The practiced started and it was a little awkward but at least we were able to start something. The problem was I could not get the chords right while following the score. I had a lot of mistakes.

 

Sohee suggested to just play along using my feel and make the score as guide. She played the piano to demonstrate what she was explaining.

 

It sounded good so I suggested that both of us would play instruments while singing. When we did it, it sounded wonderful. I hope that we can sound like this when we compete