Chapter 3

Love or Dreams?

Sohee's POV

I thought Myungsoo would not consider my suggestion for him to join the band club. But he actually did. He even got the highest audition score which made him the main vocal of the band of experts. Where in the people who can only join that are the people who got high scores. 

 

That band already had a lot of fans. From a quiet boy turned famous in his second week in school.

 

The teacher just arrived with a big poster. She said it was about a school singing contest and both Junmyeon and Eunbyeol looked at me as if they were telling me to join without even reading the requirements.

 

"This singing contest is for duets. The deadline for the list of participants would be at the last period" I frowned when I heard it was for duets.

 

"Why don't you join even if it's for duets? It could be a practice for your audition. " Junmyeon asked.

 

"Who would I sing with?" I asked.

 

"Sohee can sing with you right? You are also a singer right?" Eunbyeol suggested while looking at Junmyeon.

 

"As much as I want to, I can't because I have a competition and at the evening I have to do volunteer work." Junmyeon explained.

 

"I know! Myungsoo could join you!" Eunbyeol was even happy suggesting Myungsoo. Myungsoo was shocked when he heard his name.

 

"Did someone say my name?" He asked.

 

"Do you want to join the contest with Sohee?" She really had to bring it up.

 

"Yah! Stop pushing it. I can survive without joining that. Our voices might not even be compliment each other. " I said. It's already obvious that Myungsoo does not even want to join or compete with me.

 

"Myungsoo, do you know 'Thinking of You' by One More Chance?" Why did Junmyeon have to bring that up? That's my favorite song of all time.

 

"Is it this one?" Then Myungsoo played the melody with his guitar and sang.

 

"Yes that's the one! Sohee try coming in while he is playing" Junmyeon said.

 

So I tried to blend in with his voice and our voices actually fit with each other. Junmyeon and Eunbyeol were swaying to the song and were enjoying it.

 

"So what do you say? It sounds beautiful! Try the contest." Junmyeon asked

 

"I don't know with him..."  I answered. I know it would be very awkward.

 

"It's fine with me if it's fine with her" Myungsoo said.

 

"I don't know with you guys! But while you were singing, I already signed you guys in" Eunbyeol did a peace sign. I did not notice that she already signed us.

 

 

Myungsoo's POV

I decided to give Sohee's suggestion a shot. I auditioned for the band club. I gathered all my courage in singing and playing the guitar. I imagined that no one was watching me. And thankfully I passed.

 

The band club formed a mini band combining only the people who got high scores in playing each instrument and I was part of it. I could not believe it.

 

The people in the band became my instant friends. I thought that being with new people would be weird. But it was not at all.

 

I saw Sohee approaching me. "I told you you would be able to pass the band club. Congrats!" She was the first person to believe in me even if we just met each other. 

 

I met a fellow member who also plays the guitar and piano. He is a Chinese exchange student who has the same attitude as me and we share the same music preference. His name is Zhang Yixing.

 

Every club day, we just enjoyed playing with instruments and a lot of people watch us practice.

 

The teacher announced that there will be a duet contest in school. I wanted to join but I can't think of a person who I can sing with.

 

I heard Eunbyeol calling my name. They were talking about someone who could sing with Sohee. And Eunbyeol suggested me.

 

Junmyeon asked me if I knew One More Chance's song. I obviously know that song because I love playing that using my guitar.

 

So I played that song and Sohee sang along. She really had a nice voice. They said our voices were compatible. The 2 were just listening.

 

I did not know Eunbyeol already signed us up. I ws too engrossed in singing and playing the guitar.