KIM YEWON

DOWNPOUR

 

 

 

‘I come’ She thought as she kneeling in front of her parents and her older sister graveyard.

“How have you been?” She say with her sad smile plastered on her face.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come for the last two weeks” She say again with trembling lips trying to hold herself from burst out crying. She always promised to herself that she don’t want cry in front of her parents and her sisters grave because she know she it will hurt them too, but she can’t help it and always end up crying for almost an hour every time she come there and today is still same when she can’t hold her tears anymore.

“I—miss you. It’s always my fault” She keep repeating the same words over and over. Crying in front there ignoring everyone who already staring at her.

“If only I—”

“I know you will come here.”

“Yewon, I want you to know yourself that everything happened is not your fault. It’s all fate and you don’t have to blame yourself. They also don’t want you to blame everything on you, it’s not your fault Yewon-ah. I don’t want to say this to you, but it’s been ten years, please don’t remember things like that again, everything that happened is not your fault”

Someone cut Yewon’s words from behind but Yewon didn’t even spare a glance to the person because she know there’s only one person who will talk to her like that. Her uncle, Kim Jiwon.

“I miss them” Yewon can only say that words again and again. There’s nothing can Jiwon do aside trying to comfort his niece hoping that Yewon will stop from crying. It hurts him seeing his one and only niece that he already love like his own daughter crying in front of him like that. Yewon always been in pain, maybe if someone asked Jiwon when is the last time he saw Yewon smile, his answer could be ten years ago. The really last time Jiwon saw Yewon’s smile or her laugh is when it the last night before her sister died, that was the last time that Jiwon always remember because it’s Yewon birthday and she is really happy that her sister celebrated it special for her.

After spending a few hours there, Yewon finally listen to Jiwon’s words. Jiwon advise her go back to her apartment and take her lunch because Jiwon know that Yewon still haven’t take any meal for that day. Jiwon is the only person who take care for Yewon since ten years ago when the girl lost her beloved parents and her sister. He is the one who take care for the girl’s meal, her health and literally everything even though Yewon always said he don’t need to do that because Yewon herself sure that she can take care of herself. But for Jiwon, Yewon is his precious niece that he really care and adore, he don’t want to lose another person in his life. 

 

“You lost your phone right?” Jiwon asked when they already sit in the car. Yewon only nodded and didn’t say any after that.

“I’ve tried to contact your phone and it’s relief that the person who found it seems good. I already told her that I’ll meet her up today. So let’s take your phone first and then after that we go back okay?” Jiwon say and again, Yewon only nodded her head as a response. It’s normal for Jiwon even the girl didnt talk anything to him, because he already used to it. For him, seeing Yewon nodded as a response is already better because before this, Yewon didn’t even want to response anything whenever he asked her.

 

“Let’s go inside the café. The girl said she work here and also I heard this café have the best coffee among this place so why not we have a cup of coffee first?” Jiwon asked again but this time with a little bit hope and surprisingly, Yewon nodded to him showing that she agree to walk into the café than wait in the car because usually Yewon will only wait for him in the car whenever he bought anything. They walk into the café and take their seat. They then greeted by a cute waitress with short hair and smile already plastered on her face.

 

“Hi, welcome to our café may I have your order sir?” The waitress said to Jiwon.

“Ohh~, I didn’t know that we can order from here”

“Our café is different, usual café can only order at the counter but here, our café can take an order from the counter and also from the table” The waitress answer again with her smile still on her face.

“Ahh~ I see, ermmmm I would like only take Mocha Latte and you Yewon?”

“Unnie’s favourite, Americano”

“So one Mocha Latte and one Americano” Jiwon say again.

“Noted sir, anything else? Cake maybe?”

“For now, only that”

“Alright, you order will arrive in a while, please wait sir. Thank you”

“Ermm, wait Eunha—ssi? It’s your name right?” Jiwon say as his eyes take a look at the waitress’s name. Eunha.

“I am sir, is there anything I can help you?” Eunha ask still with her smile on her face.

“Is there any staff here called Sinb? I’m Kim Jiwon and this is my niece Kim Yewon, would you mind if I asked to meet her?”

“Ahh~ Sinb? Alright sir, please wait, I’ll send your order first and after that I call her. Excuse me” Eunha bow and walk away from the table. She then sent Jiwon’s order before come to the staff room and see Sinb who currently taking her rest.

 

“Sinb !” Eunha shout make Sinb startled who already seems to get some sleep.

“Aishh! You surprise me! Why?! I want to take a nap here!”

“Stop sleeping!! It’s 1.30pm and it’s only few hours since we opened !!” Eunha shout back.

“Mind your business, this is my turn to rest, I can do what I want! What are you doing here?! I’ll report to Yerin unnie if you want to skipped your shift here!” Sinb asked and showed Eunha her most annoying face.

Sinb and Eunha along with Yuju has been best friend since their primary school day. Two of them work as a full-time staff at the café after they finished their high school while Yuju currently pursue her study at the university. Yerin is Eunha older sister, she is four years apart from Eunha and own the café where Eunha and Sinb worked at. Since two years ago, Yerin take Sinb and Yuju as her step-sister because Eunha once said to her that she want Sinb and Yuju become her sister and also they have been known each other for almost ten years make Yerin love them like her real sister.

 

“I’m not skipping my shift, someone want to meet you outside!”

“Omo~! Who ?” Sinb asked with her eyes already opened wide.

“I don’t know, he said he is Kim Jiwon and some girl called Kim Yewon. He al—”

“Ahhh~!! The owner of the smartphone! I told him I worked here, is he outside? H—how his face? Is it grumpy? Or look like a gangster? Is he have body guard with him?” Sinb asked again panicked.

“What is wrong with you? I told you don’t watch movie too much, he look okay, have a nice smile, have a proper shirt, neat and clean, and no body guard! Enough with your imagination just go and give the phone back! Jeez~~~ coward” Eunha say before left the place immediately before she get any slap from Sinb.

“Yah !”

 

……………………………………..

“Eunha, I’m afraid~” Sinb whisper to Eunha who seems busy submit the order from the customer at the counter.

“Just go! He not gonna eat you, there table number 7” Eunha answer still keeping her eyes at the screen and tapping something.

“Eunha~~”

“I’m busy, just go!” Seeing Eunha doesn’t seem want to help her, Sinb gather all her courage and walk slowly to the table where she can see a young girl and a man who only show his back.

“Ermm, e—excuse me sir, i—I’m Sinb”

“Ohh~~ Sinb. Have a sit first” Jiwon answer and give his smile to Sinb before give his hand to shake with her.

“It’s alright. I have to go to work. H—here the phone. I’m sorry for any trouble that I make” Sinb answer as she bowed to them and handed the smartphone to Jiwon.

“It’s alright. There’s no trouble, you don’t have to apologize. This is my niece, Kim Yewon. The phone is belong to her”

“I’m sorry for the trouble Kim Yewon—ssi”

“It’s alright” Yewon answer shortly.

 

“By the way, ermm if I’m not mistaken, we have met before right? I didn’t know this is your phone” Sinb asked after saw Yewon’s face seems familiar to her. Yewon and Jiwon who heard that immediately look at Sinb curiously. For the half of Yewon’s life, she didn’t meet with anyone and if there maybe it was ten years ago and it impossible if someone still recognize her face.

“Maybe you mistook someone as her. Our Yewon don’t really have any interaction with someone”

“Ohh~ I just remember three days ago! I accidently bumped with you, at the park. Omo! Are you alright? Is there any hurt causes by me?” Sinb say after remember the familiar face infront of her.

“It’s okay, I’m alright” Yewon answer with a little smile on her face.

“I’m sorry sir, I bumped into her days ago. If there any hurt causes by me, I’m really sorry” Sinb apologize sincerely as she bowed to Jiwon and Yewon.

“You such a good young girl, Sinb. It’s alright and I’m sure my Yewon is alright too. You being honest with us it’s already more than anything, you give back the phone even you know this is an expensive one and that really amaze me, so it’s alright”

“T—thank you”

“How old are you?” Jiwon asked suddenly want to have a conversation to Sinb.

“Twenty sir”

“Wow, Yewon-ah, you are same age with her, she can be your friend. Yewon also twenty years old. Where do you study now? Which college?” Jiwon asked again, excitedly.

“Ohh, I didn’t continue my study. I just work here as a full-time staff”

“Why is that? Why you didn’t continue you—”

“Uncle, stop asking her. I’m sorry for his question” Yewon cut Jiwon words because she felt a bit embarrassed by her uncle question to the girl. Yewon thought that the question might be a sensitive thing to Sinb, so she don’t want Sinb felt uncomfortable by the question.

“I—it’s alright. Actually my high school result not really good, so I didn’t get any offer to pursue my study but it’s alright because I worked here with my sister”

“I see, I’m sorry if my question make you uncomfortable”

“It’s alright, ermm actually, I need to ready to start my shift now. Can I excuse myself sir?”

“Ahh~~ sure. I’m sorry for taking your time. You can go now, thank you for all Sinb” Jiwon then stand up shaking his hand with Sinb who take a few glance at Yewon who seems lost with her own world. For a few minutes she standing there, not even once she get an eye contact with Yewon. For some reason, Sinb want to talk to Yewon and ask the girl why she always seems sad but Sinb realise that she is just nobody to Yewon.

 

 

 

“Eunha~”

“What is wrong with you again? What’s with that face?”

“Lend me your money please~~Please~~” Sinb clinging and show her face to Eunha.

“That’s so sudden? For what? Tell me first and stop clinging onto me, you are not that light!”

“I just need to buy that Red Velvet cake. The most expensive one. Please~~I promise I’ll pay you back when I get my salary~”

“That cake? Why would you want to buy that? Don’t tell me that phone owner want you to buy her the cake?! Wahh~ that’s too much, let me see her!”

“She’s not you idiot! Come on just lend the money now, I need to but that cake!”

 

 

 

“Here, Sir and Y—Yewon ssi, this is the best cake in our café. Don’t worry it’s on me. Please enjoy it” Sinb say with her smile on her face as she put the cakes on the table.

“Wow, you don’t have to do this Sinb. It’s alright for us”

“It’s okay for me sir” Sinb answer and glance a bit at Yewon who still silent. Sinb give the cake with full of sincerity heart but she also hoping that Yewon will say something about the cake.

 

“Thank you for the cake but you don’t really have to do this” Yewon suddenly say thanking Sinb make Sinb almost jumped infront of them.

“I—it’s alright. I—I hope y—you enjoy it Y—Yewon ssi. Excuse me” Sinb stuttering and left the table with her face red as tomoato.

 

 

What the hell is that Sinb!?? What is wrong with you?!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS 

hi :) first of all i want to apologize for that cover, i was losing a bet with @gfriendchingu  and she forced me to use her edited image as my story cover ... 

will just used that cover till the next two chapter before i remove it. @gfriendchingu is not someone pro who can edit such thing, i'm sorry in advance lol.. 

@gfriendchingu saranghaeyo~~~..  

 

btw, thank you for all who still waiting for my update :) 

it's been a few days since i update the first chpter, and this is my second chapter, i'm sorry for the late, and i hope yall still enjoy this udpate .... :) 

 

 

and Happy New Year.