THE FIRST

DOWNPOUR

 

 

She sit there like the other day. Same like the other weeks, months and even almost with her entire life. Sitting there is her routine every single day. Why? There’s no reason. She just feel like want to sit there every day. For every single day. She has no friends at all. For almost in her entire life, she’s been alone. No one willing to be friend with her. It’s don’t even matter to her anymore. She used to it. She didn’t even bother to talk to anyone. Even her classmate, her teacher not even in her graduation day. She don’t feel like she want to talk to anyone.

She take out her earphone, listening to the song that she thought will never left her alone. She put the volume to the maximum level since she know every single person pass around her will curse or talk bad about her. She fixed her cap. Her old cap that she’s been wearing for almost 5 years. She use her cap to cover her face that people say too ugly to be exposed in the public.  She don’t even understand why people always talk bad about her. She never do anything wrong to them, but she always end up get curse. Putting her hand in her pocket jacket and listening to the song that played from her phone. Looking down and lost in her own thought.

 

“Wherever you are, please remember that unnie will always be there beside you”

“You are lying! You didn’t even come to my presentation yesterday!”

“I’m sorry, but unnie always in your heart right?”

“Unnie is sorry, come on. I know you already forgive me, show me that beautiful smile. My one and only maknae’s smile is the most beautiful thing in this world”

“Promise to me that you will always be beside me, forever”

“I promise. Now we good right?”

 

“Don’t go there. It’s dangerous baby. Come back here. Don’t go around that bench, can’t you see that weird girl is there. She’s dangerous.” She comeback from her own thought to the real world. She clearly heard the women conversation with her daughter. She didn’t even doing anything and she’s being called dangerous. She check her phone wondering why she heard people conversation because she thought she already put the maximum volume.

‘no wonder’ she thought after seeing her phone already off because out of battery. She then just sit there until she want to. She only go back to her home after she feels like want to go home. It’s not like anyone waiting for her there.

 

She raised her head up wanting to see the blue sky. But instead of light blue, she can see the sky turning a bit dark giving a sign that it will rain in any time.

‘it will rain’ she thought. Suddenly she can feel her whole body feeling cold due a strong wind. She’s ready to go back to her apartment. Fixing her cap so it won’t flying because of that strong wind. She fasten her walk pace and want to running from the wind and she don’t want the rain hit her and make her wet. She hate rain. She had a bad and sad experience because of rain.

The strong wind keep blowing and she still hold her cap that she wear tightly not wanting the cap fly from her head until she accidently bump into someone and both of them fell on the ground.

 

“ouch, that hurts” she can heard the girl voice. She know it hurts, because she can feel it too. But she didn’t say anything and just fixed her cap. She need to be ready what will happen next.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault. Are you okay.?” The girl ask her.

‘did she just say sorry to me?’ she said in her mind. She thought she will get curse and the girl with feel disgust with her, but instead of curse, she hearing an apology from the girl.

“Excuse me, are you okay? Let me help you” She hear the girl say something again. She froze on her spot. She just surprised that the girl just apology to her. She can feel someone touch her arm and she suddenly stand up on her own.

“I—I’m okay.” She said and fixing her cap again and ready to go.

“Wait, are you really okay if you have any injury let me know that. It’s my fault after all” she can hear the girl trying to catch up with her pace.

“I don’t have any injury and I’m totally fine. Don’t worry” She said in a manner and just left the girl behind.

“O-okay then. if you—if—you—I—okay never mind” she can hear the girl voice and just walk fast before the rain hit her.

 

She let out a big relief sigh. As soon as she arrive in her apartment, the rain suddenly pouring hard outside. She sit on the sofa trying to catch her breathe that she lost just now. Her mind somehow remember the scene that just happen. She never thought that someone will apologize to her.

‘Maybe she still new at this area’ she thought and lost again to her own world.

 

“Hey you can’t play here alone, it’s dangerous. Let’s go back”

“But unnie I just come here”

“Okay, you can play for a while, but promise to unnie that you will never come here alone again”

“Okay unnie”

“If you want to play here, tell me or mom to give you a company. It’s dangerous if you play alone here. Promise to me now”

“I promise unnie”

 

 

The loud thunder outside that can be heard from her living room snapped her from her memory. She then took her cap and her jacket off. She frowning when she didn’t find the things that she want to see right now. She been searching her jeans pocket and her jacket and she didn’t find it. She still trying to searching it in her pocket even she already know that her pocket don’t have it. But then she stop searching after remember that she just bump into someone few hours ago.

She let out a heavy sigh and ignore the fact that she lost just lost her phone. But it didn’t matter to her because no one will contact her either except her one and only uncle. The only person that she have in her lonely world. After her parents and her beloved older sister die, the only person that come to her and take care of her is her uncle, Kim JiWon although she don’t need anyone to take care of her. She already get used to it, she don’t care anymore. She choose to live alone than stay with her uncle even though her uncle always nagged at her that she need someone to take care of her. But what can an uncle do? When it comes to stubbornness, no one can win over a teenage girl.

 

…………………………………………………………

 

“Omo it’s ringing! What should I do?”

“Just answer! It becomes annoying Sinb-ah”

“B—but what if it’s the owner? I’m so dead. She might thought I’m a thief”

“You will really look like one if you didn’t answer it. Just answer then told your location and you guys meet, end of story!”

“Why are you mad at me? Are you period? You can talk nicely right?”

“Gosh! I’m not mad! It’s just sound annoying, just answer it! That is your purpose when you charged it right? Waiting for someone who might call it? Then just answer it!”

“Can you guys stop fighting?! I want to sleep here!”

“Eunha started it first! She can just talk nicely than shout over me Yerin unnie!”

“It’s started ringing again! Answer it Sinb! It’s annoying!”

“I know! I know! You don’t need to shout! Jeez! Girl with her period is the most annoying thing than this phone call”

“You are girl too!”

“If you guys didn’t stop I swear I will kick you out from this room and sleep at Yuju’s room”

“Kick this smol! She shout at me!”

“And Sinb! Just answer the phone because it’s getting annoying!”

“Yes! I win!”

“Eunha you shut up! Just go to sleep!”

 

………………………………………………………

Sinb take the phone with her and go out from the room. She will just answer the call at the living room since her roommates become salty over a phone call. After wait for a while the phone ringing again for a fourth time make Sinb startled and answer the phone.

“H—hello?”

Yewon?! Why you took a long time to answer? You make me worried”

S—sorry, this is not Yewon”

What? Who is this? Where is she?”

Actually the owner of this phone lost this and I accidently found this at the park”

Ahh~~ Alright. Where are you now? Let’s meet. I’m her uncle, her guardian”

N—now? This hour?”

Sorry, I didn’t realize it’s already midnight. I will tell you whenever I have a free time. Sorry for disturbing you this late night”

N—no I’m supposed to be sorry. I’m sorry”

It’s alright. May I know your name?”

Sinb. It’s Sinb”

Alright Sinb—ssi? I will contact you later, have a good night”

Yeah, thank you. Good night”

 

 

‘Okay, that’s so weird. My uncle never talk to me like that’ Sinb thought after end the phone call. She just sit on the couch and look at the phone for a while.

“Weird. How come she don’t have any contact at all? That uncle number is the only number that call her. She don’t even saved her uncle number. This girl is weird” Sinb say alone while checking the phone. She becomes more curious after check the phone one by one. There’s no contact number aside from that uncle, the phone gallery is empty not even with a single picture, no games literally nothing. The smartphone is empty. For Sinb, if she have that kind of expensive phone, she already take a lot of picture and load the phone with a lot of games, but the smartphone that she holding right now in her hands is nothing, empty. Didn’t satisfied, Sinb check inside the phone again, hoping that she will find something and she really is. She found the playlist and the song inside the phone. There’s a lot of song, more like extremely upbeat song and some playlist have a really sad song.

“Okay, that’s enough. She’s weird” Sinb say again.

“What’s weird? Who? Are you talking about me when I’m just actually here behind you?”

“Y—yuju unnie? No. I found a smartphone today and I just checking inside the phone. I’m not talking about you” Sinb answer a bit flustered to the person that she called Yuju unnie.

“Wow it’s an expensive smartphone. Who’s the owner? Did someone already called you?” Yuju ask and take a look at Sinb.

“Yeah, someone called me just now and we’ll meet soon. But unnie, the owner of this phone is weird”

“Why? I never thought you will tell me that someone is weird aside from me”

“No unnie. It’s just I check inside the phone and I found nothing. The owner don’t have any number saved in her phone, no picture, no games and the only thing I found is her playlist song”

“Maybe it’s a new phone”

“No it’s not. I’ve checked everything. This phone used since last year and she don’t have any picture at all”

“Sinb. Where’s you manner? This phone is owned by someone. You can’t check thru inside her phone without the owner concern just like that”

“It—it’s just I’m curious unnie” Sinb answer already hang her head down.

“It’s alright. But don’t that kind of thing again. It’s rude and no manner, okay?” Yuju just smile and pat the younger’s girl back softly while Sinb can only nodded in guilty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

hi~~~~

done update for first chapter.. 

i hope you all enjoy this .. ^-^