Chapter Two

Where Flowers Bloom - BTS AU

My face flushed red at Taehyung's simple action. I shook my head slightly, regaining my thoughts.

"Come on!" Taehyung called out from down the sidewalk.

My eyes widened in shock, when did he even get down there?!

I shook my head once again before jogging over to him, nearly falling into him as I slid on some ice. He grabbed my wrist as he grabbed onto my shoulder to prevent me from falling.

"We're going to be late if we don't hurry. After we turn this corner we'll be in the busier part of town. There's a lot of cafés there so people are often out and about at this time. Don't let go. I don't want you getting lost!" Taehyung instructed as he intertwined his fingers with mine.

Taehyung began to run down the sidewalk, dragging me along with him. As soon as we turned the street corner I did a double take at the amount of people out and about. The street we had just been running down had been barren. I guess this is the shopping district?

"Be careful (y/n)! I'm trying my best to snake through the people but be careful! I don't want you bumping into anyone or getting hit with a door!" Taehyung called as he weaved through a crowd of people, hand still holding mine.

I nodded my head, making a small noise as I acknowledged him. I had multiple close encounters as we continued to run down the street. I yelped slightly as I collided with someone.

"I am so sorry!" I cried as I skidded to a halt.

The man I had bumped into smiled at me, "it's quite alright miss."

I looked at the name tag the he had on his chest 'Kim Seokjin'. I assumed he was a waiter at a café due to his way of dress.

"(Y/n)! Come on! We don't have time for small talk!" Taehyung cried as he tried to pull me away.

*Seokjin's POV*

I smiled at the girl who had bumped into me while being pulled along in a hurry. She bowed her head as she apologized. The male holding her hand that had been pulling her along stared at the sidewalk blankly. He seemed like he was the impatient type... I shook it off before directing my gaze back to the girl. She didn't appear much younger than me although she was obviously a student. Perhaps a sophomore or maybe a junior? I shook my head slightly as the males words snapped me out of my thoughts.

"(Y/n)! Come on! We don't have time for small talk!" He cried, impatient and desperate.

Perhaps he's her boyfriend? They are holding hands after all... Or perhaps a close friend? I've never seen her before, new student? Was she previously homeschooled?

"Ah! I'm very sorry Mr. Seokjin!" She cried out as she waved to me while being drug away by the now running male.

I smiled to myself as I waved back, what's a little shoulder pain if I got to meet someone as nice as her?

(Y/n)... I think that's what the boy called her... What a beautiful name...

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Aishhhhh Taehyung! Did you really have to do that?" I whined as we continued to run.

Taehyung turned his head towards me for a brief moment as he glanced at me before slowing to a stop.

"Yes. Yes I did." He muttered lowly.

"Eh? Why?" I mumbled.

"That guy is the principle's nephew." Taehyung replied.

I let out a quiet 'oh' as I picked up what he was saying. He didn't want to be late and have the principle find out...

"Anyways... Here we are." Taehyung sighed as he let go of my hand, perhaps a little slowly.

I looked up to see the school gate in all its glory. A large clock was placed on the front of the school, 7:28.

"Where's your locker? Ill take you there! Do you have your schedule on you?" Taehyung asked, His words coming out in a rushed flurry.

I nodded my head before pulling my folded up schedule out of my pocket.

He quickly grabbed it from my hands as I held it out towards him and unfolded it.

"Locker 314... First class... Literature with... Choi..." Taehyung mumbled as he looked over my schedule.

"Ok lets go we have to hurry!" Taehyung exclaimed as he started sprinting to the front building of the school.

I sighed before running after him, "your locker is on the second floor, Ill take you to it and show you where your first class is." He called as he reached the front doors.

He quickly pulled the front door open and stood by it, holding it open as I ran inside before he ran in as well, easily running past me.

I panted quietly as we turned down the hall and ran up a flight of stairs. Taehyung stumbled slightly as he ran ahead of me and turned quickly around a corner.

"Taehyung! You alright?" I called as I continued to follow him.

"Yea!" Taehyung replied before turning his head to look at the lockers and come to a halting stop.

"Here you are. Locker 314." Taehyung said as he leaned up against a neighboring locker, breathing ragged.

I nodded my head and took my schedule back from Taehyung and put in my locker combo. I quickly took off my coat and stuffed it in my locker and grabbed my books out of my backpack and shoved my backpack into my locker. I unwrapped Taehyung's scarf from my neck and held it out to him. He shook his head in response, "just keep it."

I furrowed my eyebrows slightly before folding it up and putting it in my locker. I closed my locker and spun the lock before looking towards Taehyung.

"Ms. Choi's classroom is just down the hall on the left. I'll take you there." Taehyung offered as he started walking down the hall.

"I-its fine! I can get there on my own! You should hurry to class."

Taehyung shook his head before turning towards me as I walked up beside him.

"I hope I have the honor of being your first friend at this school." Taehyung smiled as he slung his arm around my shoulder causing my face to turn scarlet.

Taehyung pulled his arm back as he stopped in front of a classroom.

"Here you are!" He chirped as he ruffled my hair.

I bowed as I thanked him before slowly sliding the classroom door open and walking inside. When I turned around to close the door Taehyung was already gone.

"You must be the new student. Please take a seat behind Jimin. Jimin please raise your hand so she knows who you are."

A silver haired male shot his hand into the air before turning around in his seat and smiling at me. I bowed my head and quickly hurried over to the empty seat behind him.

"Names Park Jimin! Nice to meet you!" He smiled.

"Now I'll take attendance."

"Park Jimin."

"Here!"

"Kim Ji Soo."

"Here~"

"Kim Seolhyun"

"Present."

"Moon Jong-up"

"Hi."

The list continued for a decent two minutes before my name was called.

"(Y/n) (L/n)"

"Here"

The bell rang after I stated my presence.

"Kim Taehyung"

My eyes widened. Taehyung?

"Kim Taehyung?"

No answer. The door quickly opened and I turned my head to see Taehyung, cheeks red and sweat beading on his forehead.

"Late..."

"Stand in the back of the class with your arms up."

Taehyung sighed before hanging his head low and placing His stuff next to the desk next to Jimin before slowly making his way to the back of the room.

Jimin chuckled slight as he threw his head back and looked at me, his eyes a crystal blue. I had been taken aback by the color if his eyes for a second before he whispered something to me.

"Contacts~"

"Oh..." I chuckled slightly.

I turned to look back at Taehyung, his face red in embarrassment. I quickly turned forward and slowly raised my hand.

"Yes (y/n)?" Ms. Choi asked as her eyes landed on me.

"I-its my fault Taehyung is late... If anyone should be in the back of the class its me..." I replied.

"And just how is it your fault?"

"He was helping me find my locker and showed me to class..." I replied lowly.

"Hmm... Ok. Taehyung you may take a seat. (Y/n) back of the class."

"Yes ma'am."