Chapter Five

Where Flowers Bloom - BTS AU

"Who was that?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at Taehyung since he seemed to recognize the mint haired boy almost instantly.

"That was Yoongi hyung. He's really good with music and rapping! Except... sometimes he's too lazy to actually finish the things he's started... And he doesn't always come to school... But because of that a lot of the girls think he's 'so cool!' and 'he's such a bad boy!'. Listen (Y/n), I'm not going to tell you any fibs or anything... He doesn't come because a bad boy... He's just sleeping all the time." Taehyung stated, putting on a higher pitched voice when he imitated the girls of the school and chuckling lightly.

"You gotta give Yoongi hyung some credit though Taetae..." Jimin said turning in his seat once again to look at Taehyung, "when he does come to school he usually works pretty hard... sure he slacks off, but when he actually puts his all into what he does he does a really good job of it... And think about it, he still comes even though so many girls are obsessed with him... You know how he feels about people."

"Yeah... I'll give him that..." Taehyung muttered quietly as he tapped his chin in thought.

"That's kinda cool... the music thing... what grade is he in?" I asked in curiosity seeing as we were only second years.

"Yoongi hyung is a fourth year, it's his final year." Taehyung answered with a small boxy grin.

"We can introduce you to some of our other friends at lunch if you'd like (Y/n)!" Jimin said with a grin that crinkled the corners of his eyes.

I smiled, "That sounds great!"

By the time it was lunch Yoongi had wandered into the classroom two more times, another fourth year by the name of Hoseok ran in after him the second time, heavy breaths coming from him and sweat pressing his vibrant orange hair to his forehead. Taehyung and Jimin both busted out in laughter at the sight of the exhausted orange haired male.

"So, (Y/n), did you bring a lunch?" Jimin asked as he slung one arm around my shoulder and another around Taehyung's shoulder.

I turned my head and looked at him in shock before stopping dead, "I knew I was forgetting something! Aigooooooo!"

My sulking was cut short when Taehyung suddenly lurched forward, a dark haired male clinging to his back, arms wrapped around his neck.

"Yahhhhh! Jungkook-ah!" Taehyung cried out while trying to shake the boy off of his back.

"Ah! Kookie!" Jimin said with a large smile as he pulled Jungkook off of Taehyung's back.

"Hey Jiminie." Jungkook stated with a bunny like grin.

"Yahhh! Hyung! It's hyung! I am your hyung! Show some respect to me!" Jimin shouted as he lightly hit the back of Jungkook's head several times in frustration.

"Yow! Jimin!" Jungkook whined as he jumped away from Jimin, "that hurt..."

"I... uh... Not to interrupt or anything... but I'm trying to have an existential crisis over here." I mumbled quietly as Taehyung and I made eye contact, a large smile breaking out on his face.

"Hey! Jungkookie, this is (Y/n)! She's new!" Taehyung practically yelled with excitement as he grabbed Jungkook by the shoulders and forced him to look at me.

Jungkook's smile faded off of his face and his eyes widened to the size of moons as all color was drained from his face.

"Uh... Hi Jungkook... it's nice to meet you." I said as an awkward smile spread across my face, the uncomfortable look that was ever present on Jungkook's face making me feel self conscience.

Jimin strided over to me, leaning over my shoulder and cupping his hand near my ear and whispering, "Jungkook is scared of girls... He gets really shy!"

Jimin laughed when he moved away from me, I had no doubt that I had the craziest expression on my face.

Jungkook quickly looked down at the ground, his face growing even redder most likely because he knew that Jimin had spilled his fear to me.

"Yah! Jungkook introduce yourself!" Taehyung scolded.

Jungkook's shoulders tensed slightly and he began to slowly shake his head 'no'.

"Jungkook...-" Taehyung began his voice low.

"I-It's fine! He doesn't need to introduce himself! I already know his name and he already knows mine, so that's okay right?" I interrupted in attempts to make Jungkook feel more comfortable around me.

Jimin smiled softly and placed his hand on my shoulder, "Yeah... I think that'll be alright."

Taehyung groaned, "That's not how it works!"

Jimin laughed at Taehyung's tantrum and Jungkook looked to Taehyung with pleading eyes as if to beg for mercy.

"Yah! Would you idiots be quiet? I have a headache!" A low, grumpy voice snapped from behind us.

I spun quickly on my heel to come face to chest with someone, upon looking up I realized it was Yoongi. I shrunk back slightly under his newly intimidating presence.

"Who's the chick?" Yoongi asked after glancing down at me.

"(Y/n)..." Jungkook muttered quietly to my surprise.

"Ok... (Y/n) or whatever, can you leave? You're making the kid uncomfortable." Yoongi grumbles coldly.

"Yoongi hyung..." Taehyung began, walking over to my side, "(Y/n) is a new student. She's my friend, along with Jimin's."

"And? She's making Jungkook uncomfortable!" Yoongi retorted.

"Since when do you care about Jungkook so much?" Taehyung asked quirking an eyebrow.

"Hyung... It's fine..." Jungkook stated, his tone of voice from before he was aware of my presence suddenly return.

Jungkook moved closer to me, standing at my other side like Taehyung but with a foots distance. Jungkook turned his head and looked at me, a small, shy bunny smile forming on his lips.