Chapter 1

The Lucky Ones ~ JINKOOK

[The Kim Brothers]

[The Kim Brothers]
 

If South Korea had a Royal Family, it would be the Kim Family.

Those that were unaware of them, may have well been living in a hole. Because who didn't know the Kim Family, the richest and at times the scariest family of South Korea. It is no secret that this family had the money and all the luxury one could only dream off, but it was also no secret that they were traditional and no one was allowed to break those traditions.

They believed that a normal relationship, the only one that was normal, was a male and a female and nothing else and like any other family with more money than they knew what to do with but still wanting more, they also believed in arranged marriages and as the eldest member of the family says, 'You will learn to love them. Listen to me because I know what is right.' And everyone knew not to disagree even when they were unhappy and that they were.

What was known about the Kim Family as a whole stopped at how traditional and lucky they were. But everyone loves to think that they knew everything there was to know about the Kim Brothers or The Lucky Ones as they had been nicknamed. Even those that knew nothing about the family as a whole, no one was a stranger to the three brothers, who have lived in the spotlight since the day they were born. 

Because just as they were wealthy was just how charming and perfect they were. 

The oldest, Kim Seokjin may have well been his parents favorite and also the one with the most pressure on his shoulders, as though it wasn't big enough. Though he is only a few years older than his younger brothers, he acts more as a parent than their actual parents do and he is what others believe the perfect gentleman was, with his doe eyes, kissable lips, warm smile and a heart made almost entirely of gold. Perfect to those that didn't know him well as they claimed, something that he wasn't. 

Next came, second oldest and also the one stuck in the middle, Kim Namjoon with an IQ of 148. While he did not talk a lot and kept mostly to himself and communicated only with his brothers, and their close friends, he still manages to have the best grades and become almost every teachers' favorite, something he has to fight for at home. And though he was intelligent and apparently had an answer for everything, he was oblivious to the obvious feelings those around him, had for him.

Youngest, Kim Taehyung would be described as the trouble child, always looking for trouble and almost always needing his older brothers and, best friend coming to his rescue. Taehyung wasn't asking for attention from his, in fact, he wanted none of their attention being content with just having his brothers and Jimin around. And also because he wore his heart on his sleeve and if they were around, they would have known long ago that their precious youngest wasn't interested in what Mr.Kang's Daughter was selling. 
 

Because they lived in the spotlight, they had another tradition or waste of time as Taehyung had named it, which only the three of them took part in, once every year. One with cameras and clothes they never wear, one that lasted three wasted hours of which they could have been used for something else. For Seokjin, going back to playing parent and keeping the youngest out of trouble. Namjoon, going back to studying or pretending to as he stole secret glances at someone he wasn't aware was staring back. And for Taehyung, going back to kissing his apparent best friend senseless and being tangled up with him, not having to pretend that they were just friends.

"Why must we take these stupid pictures every year?" Taehyung groans, tilting his head to the left, as cameras flash from every angle.

"So,"Seokjin begins, "that the family can have memories before we are too old to gather for pictures."

Taehyung places his arm on his brother's shoulder and smiles, "But you are already old, so isn't too late?"

"You should be glad that there are cameras around," Seokjin mumbles under his breath, shaking off the younger's arm. "You need to learn to respect your elders."

Taehyung grins. "Only truth in that entire sentence was the world elders. I am glad that you are aware of how old you." Seokjin groans and fakes yet another smile for the camera, feeling a headache coming on.

Namjoon chuckle, being yet again stuck in the middle of their bickering but then again, he wouldn't want to be anywhere else.