Chapter 1

Love is thicker than water

Isabella walked down towards the water and sat down. Legs dangling over the edge as she breathed in the cold night. She could smell the salt and shivers went down her spine as the wind blew over. She sat up properly setting up her canvas and paints next to her. The moon reflected off the waves last they moved in rhythmic patterns sparkling like pieces of shattered glass.

She tied up her hair and rolled up her sleeves. Looking into the distance at what was around her. Slight movements of her wrist and endless mixing trying to capture the life of the ocean around her. At the shore, a movement, a silhouette. Inspiration. It moved closer towards her into the light. A drunken man walking haphazardly along the beach with a pained heart that had been drowned out by alcohol. She watched with curiosity and concern as the man walked towards the water crying out at the sky. Tears were streaked across his face.

"Why?! Tell me?! It wasn't my fault! I LOVED YOU!" he screamed out to the stars standing in silence for a moment and looking down at his feet.

"But...you didn't love me..." He smiled sinisterly as he took another swig and then dropped his bottle taking steps towards into the sea.

"Oh my god no STOP! HEY YOU STOP"

He couldn't hear her as her voice was carried away by the wind. She contemplated if it was worth it. Was she really going to risk it? If not he was going to die. Isabella acting quickly, running down as fast as she could towards the man who was already waist deep in water. Grabbing him from behind and dragging him back while he protested with all his might. The water taking away her strength quickly as it soaked her clothes and hair. The water stung and burnt, the sensations working up from her legs to her neck almost paralysing her. She managed to drag him back onto the shore. He was knocked out. Cold. Shivering. She ran back up dragging her legs behind her with all the force she could muster. She grabbed the blanket she had been sitting on and covered him quickly. Her head was dizzying and her body was weak. Trying her best to stay awake as she made sure he was okay, her sight became fuzzy. Barely making out the face in front of her. She fell lying down next to him blank. Their bodies still as the moon watched over them.