Day 6

12 Days of Ficmas

 

Bang Yongguk fixed his collar for what felt like the 50th time while looking in the mirror.

 

"Do you think they're gonna like me?" he asked. "Should I wear the other shirt instead?"

 

Yongguk turned around, he watched his girlfriend clasp her necklace on. He always loved watching her get ready. He loved watching her take the time to play up all her features, to give herself the extra umpf to tell the world 'yes, look at me and everything I love about myself'. But now was not the time to admire his beautiful girlfriend, this was a serious situation. He was finally going to be introduced to her family. He had to look good.

 

"Minji, help me," he pleaded.

 

Minji finally turned to look at him. She smiled at her visible panicking boyfriend. She had watched him get ready with the upmost care. He had gone into their shared bedroom earlier and she watched lay out different outfits, making sure the shirt matched the pants, getting out his shoes to make sure they didn't clash with his other clothes.

 

Minji giggled.

 

"How are you so indecisive with this?" Minji asked "You picked out your outfit an hour ago."

 

"I know but that was before I put it on," he said. "Does it make me look presentable?"

 

Minji walked over to her boyfriend and fixed his collar.

 

"You look very handsome, don't worry," she smiled at him, giving him a peck on the lips.

 

Yongguk sighed.

 

"But what if they don't like me?" he asked again.

 

"Well it's a good thing you're dating me and not them, isn’t it?" she replied.

 

She walked back to her vanity, picking up two lipsticks.

 

"Which one should I wear," she asked as she held them up for him to see.

 

"Minji, I'm serious," he said, making his way toward her.

 

He pointed at the one in her left hand, barely giving it a glance.

 

"And I'm serious too," she said as she uncapped the tube. "I'm dating you, and I Like you enough. You'll be fine," she assured him.

 

With her lipstick on, she turned around and held his hand.
 

"Come on," she smiled at him. "We still need to pick up a dessert, before I can show off my wonderful, cute, handsome smart boyfriend."

 

Yongguk smile grew at every compliment she gave him.

 

 

 

 

As they entered the Nu'est Bakery, he gave Minji a confused look.

 

"Get it?" Minji said. "So they'll always be the 'Newest bakery'."

 

"Really?" he asked, his girlfriend had to be teasing him.

 

Minji just giggled as she walked to look at the donuts.

 

Yongguk shook his head and walked over to view the cakes on display. There was a dark chocolate one in the middle, complete with chocolate swirl lining the edges, a yellow cake topped with strawberries, kiwis, and pineapple pieces to the right of it and on the left of the chocolate cake was a round cake covered in light pink frosting, flowers made out of strawberries decorating its top and sides.

 

Maybe the chocolate cake, he eyed the chocolate in front of him.

 

But it could be too much chocolate, too sweet. Maybe the fruit cake, but it's cheaper. What if they think I'm stingy? The strawberry one? he considered as he turned to the pink frosted cake.

 

But what if Minji's family was allergic to strawberries like his cousin Jongup? Better not risk it.

 

He shook his head. There had to be an easier way to decide.

 

An employee, noticing his deliberation, walked over to Yongguk.

 

"Welcome to Nu'est, can I help with anything?" she asked with a smile.

 

Yongguk kept staring at the cakes in front of him.

 

The employee tried to get his attention again.

 

"Uh, sir, can I help you with anything?" she asked again, louder than before.

 

Still, Yongguk kept staring at the cakes, too deep in thought to hear anything else.

 

"Boo!"

 

"Ah!" he yelled.

 

Minji giggled as she came to stand next to him.

 

"Why are you just standing there? Pick a cake already," she exclaimed.

 

"But Minji," he said "Which one?"

 

Minji glanced at the cakes before turning back to the employee still standing there awkwardly.

 

"We'll take the pink one please," she ordered.

 

"Right away miss," she said as she picked up the cake.

 

Minji turned back to Yongguk, who standing there with a pout on his face.

 

"Come on, let's just get to my parents' house," Minji said.

 

 

 

 

Finally, this was it, I can do this, Yongguk to himself, hands still on the steering wheel of his car.

 

"Yongguk, we're here. You can get out now," Minji said as she unbuckled herself.

 

She got out and walked around to the back seat to take out the cake, leaving behind a box from the same bakery.

 

Yongguk noticing she only took out one box questioned this.

 

"Do you want me to get the donuts?"

 

"Nah," she responded. "Those are for us."

 

Yongguk shook his head at his girlfriend's sweet tooth. He saw her waiting for him at the foot of the steps, to what he assumes was her parent's home.

 

He took a deep breath. He could do this.

 

As they started up the steps, Minji spoke suddenly.

 

"Ah, if any of my brothers give you a hard time," she said. "Let me know, so I can kick their ."

 

Yongguk stopped mid step. Why did she decide to warn him now? He rubbed the back of his neck and felt something scratch at his hand.

 

"Minji!" he exclaimed. "I didn't take out my earrings!"

 

"Don't worry about it," Minji waved off his worries. "They've seen pictures of you anyway."

 

Yongguk didn't have a chance to say anything else as he saw the door open.

 

"Minji!" a small woman said as she reached out and puller Minji into a hug.

 

"Mom!" Minji replied hugging her tightly.

 

Yongguk smiled at the interaction. SO this was the woman he can thank for his girlfriend.

 

"Mom," Minji said as she pulled Yongguk closer to them, "I want you to meet my boyfriend, Yongguk."

 

"It's nice to meet you ma'am," he said as politely possible.

 

He didn't expect to be pulled in for a hug so quickly.

 

"Oh, such a polite boy," she said.

 

"Mom, you're smothering him," Minji said.

 

Minji's mom let go and took a step back.

 

"Well let me get a good look at him," she said. "Minji, you were right, he is handsome."

 

Yongguk felt himself blush.

 

"Oh, thank you ma’am," he replied.

 

"Mom, is everyone here?" Minji asked.

 

"Everyone but your father, he had to work late," she replied. "But let's get inside and talk more."

 

They walked into the living room, Yongguk saw three males watching a program on the television he didn't recognize and he assumed those were her brothers.

 

"Yongguk," Minji called to him. "I'm going to help my mom in the kitchen for a bit, I'll be right back."

 

"Minji," he tried to call for her, but it was too late. He was left standing in the middle of room.

 

Hu turned around to find one of the males standing up from their seat in front of the tv.

 

"Oh," he started getting the attention of the other two males. "You must be Minji's new boyfriend."

 

The man wasn't as tall as Yongguk, he had a thin nose and brown hair parted at the middle. But as he walked toward him, Yongguk could see his eyes meant business. The man was not intimidated by him like most people were when they first met him.

 

"I'm Jinwoo, Minji's oldest brother," he introduced himself, holding out his hand.

 

"I'm Yongguk, it's nice to finally meet you," he said shaking his hand.

 

The males' eyes met, and paused. Jinwoo measuring his little sister's boyfriend, while Yongguk was determined not to let him intimidate him.

 

"Minji said you're older than her. By how much?" Jinwoo asked as they let go of their handshake.

 

"I'm four years older," Yongguk replied.

 

"Ah," Jinwoo said "You're older than all of us."

 

As Jinwoo gestured to the other two males, who were now walking over to join the two standing.

 

"This is Mino, the middle child," Jinwoo pointed at the taller of two, "and that's Seungyoon, Minji's twin."

 

The last male was who Yonggul was really nervous about. Minji spoke very fondly of her twin. He knew Seungyoon was very protective of her.

 

"I'm Yongguk, nice to meet you both. I've heard a lot about you guys," he introduced himself to the other two.

 

"Tch, I bet Minji's only ever told you bad things," Mino said. "Don't believe anything she- Ow!"

 

Mino yelped at the hit Jinwoo had just landed on his head.

 

"Remember what we talked about?" Jinwoo said, giving Mino a stern look.

 

"Ah, right, be cool and serious. Right," Mino said, trying to keep a straight face.

 

Yongguk saw Seungyoon roll his eyes.

 

"You live with Minji right?" Seungyoon asked suddenly, alarming both his brothers.

 

"Yes," Yongguk responded.

 

"Do you have a job?" Seungyoon asked.

 

"Yes," Yongguk answered.

 

"What do you do?" Seungyoon asked.

 

"I'm a music producer."

 

"For how long?"

 

"About six years now."

 

"You work for the same company?"

 

"Same company."

 

"Do you love my sister?" Seungyoon asked.

 

"Yes," Yongguk answered wondering if this was the end of the questions.

 

Seungyoon took a step closer to Yongguk, looking eye to eye.

 

"If you hurt my sister, they won't find your body," Seungyoon warned.

 

Yongguk believed him.

 

"Understood." he replied.

 

Seungyoon took a step back. A smile formed on his face, and Yongguk could see the resemblaance to Minji now.

 

"Okay, want to watch Fear Factor with us?"  Seungyoon offered.

 

His brothers gawked at the youngest.

 

"Wait," Jinwoo said.

 

All three of the males turned to him.

 

"That's all we're saying to this kid?" he asked, his eyes widened.

 

"Kid?" Yongguk asked indignantly.

 

"Don't be rude Jinwoo," Seungyoon said.

 

"Me? You just threatened him!" the eldest said.

 

"Who's threatening who?" they heard a female voice behind them.

 

They all turned slowly to see Minji standing behind them arms crossed.

 

"I told you guys to leave my boyfriend alone," she said.

 

"Minji, we were just talking to him," Jinwoo said.

 

"Yeah, just chatting," Mino said.

 

"Yeah," Minji scoffed. "That's why I find you guys surrounding him like a bunch of hyenas."

 

Yongguk watched as the four siblings satrting yelling over each other, no longer able to follow the 'conversation', he couldn't help but laugh. He thought this night would go well.

 

"Kids! Your father's home."

 

They all look up when they heard Mrs. Gong yell from the kitchen.

 

Yongguk eyes widened.

 

Okay, maybe he wasn't in the clear just yet.

 


 

AN: I always got a very sibling feel from Winner and Minji interactions. 

Enjoy ^.^