Of "No"s and a New Addition

The Wu Brothers (and Junmyeon)

Yifan was pretty good at telling people "no".

Well, people who weren’t Wu Sehun (and Kim Junmyeon but that came with a bit more resistance)

See, Sehun liked to do things that would force his brother’s hand. The 8 year old never played fair when it came to his brother’s utter softness for him. He most likely knew that Yifan had the biggest, softest spot for his brother but then again so did everyone else.

It was on a very drowsy, rainy Saturday where both brothers sat waiting in the kitchenette of their neighbor’s, Junmyeon, home. Said man had invited them over to try some recipe his mom had sent him, and he promised it would be good. Yifan would’ve said no but Sehun wouldn’t stop trying to leave to see his Junnie-hyung.

Sehunnie!” Junmyeon greeted as soon as they had come in, completely forgetting that the taller male was the one who was actually invited.

The whole encounter he would’ve found endearing if it didn’t lead to them completely ignoring him right up to this point. The whole hour and a half they had been there, Junmyeon and Sehun were laughing and hugging (more like cuddling) while Yifan could only watch. No one came near him or even batted an eye his way.

It .

But what even more was when they finally did acknowledge him.

“I’m sure your hyung will get you one. Right, Yifan?” at the call of his name, said man turned to the two who watched him expectantly. He wasn’t completely sure what was going on but the insistences from Junmyeon to agree forced his hand. He nodded to something that sealed his fate without even knowing it.

Three weeks later, he found himself being pulled out of his apartment by his neighbor (who he tried so hard not to stare at too much, but it was hard). Junmyeon had explained about going out to get Sehun what he wanted and had no other choice than to comply. Sehun had went to spend the afternoon with school friends and would need to be picked up in 4 hours. He was hoping to spend those 4 hours mainly napping before but nope, he always lost when it came to saying no to Kim Junmyeon.

Now here they were standing in a pet shop, looking at a litter of puppies who’s breeds Yifan couldn’t figure out. While he stared at the creatures in confusion, Junmyeon was already halfway into the pin cooing and trying to pick up every puppy he found cute. Which were all.

“Ah! Yifan isn’t he just the cutest?!” He exclaimed as he held up a black labradoodle for the taller male to see. Yifan backed away a bit to stare at the thing awkwardly. It kept yipping in his face and he didn’t know if he liked that that much.

Junmeyon must have sensed his discomfort as he huffed and went to put the puppy back in the pin. Turning back around, the younger stared up at Yifan confused.

“Do you hate not seeing Sehunnie happy?” the question threw  Yifan off. He was lost now.

“What? No! I want to see Sehun as happy as you do.” He replied in defense, “where is this coming from, Myeonie?”

Junmyeon huffed, turning back around to pick up another pup. This one was all white; a bichon who squirmed in his hold but didn’t yip as much as the last.

“You see this cute, adorable baby right here?” Yifan nodded, still confused but curious. “This precious baby is about to become a Wu.”

The next what?

Huh?!

Shaking his head profusely, eyes wide in shock, he couldn’t really believe this. Was this a set up? Where they working together to corner him? Why a dog out of all things?

“Junmyeon-ah. No!” He exclaimed as he made his way to leave the pet shop. He had to resist.

“B-But hyung!! You promised!” The smaller male called out, his voice pleading and rushed as he tried to follow the other male out. “You cant do this to, Sehun-ah! You know he’s been wanting a dog for a while now.”

They were gathering up the eyes of the other people around them. Yifan kind of didn’t want to know what they were thinking right now nor did he want their eyes on them so he stopped. Junmyeon, not noticing, collided with him with a yelp making the taller turn to look at him.

“I know he wants to dog. God, do I know since its all he’s been talking about but we cant afford one right now. That’s too much responsibility for two people who are barely even in their own home to –“

“Then we can make it a Wu-Kim.”

They both paused.

Like really paused.

They ceased moving, breathing and blinking all at once as their minds short-circuited. The phrase seemed harmless but they both were made into blushing, red messes as they tired to avoid each other’s gaze. Yifan was the first to recover as he cleared his throat, muttered an ok and walked back into the pet shop. Junmyeon stayed behind for a few to recollect himself, smiling to himself as he just got Sehun’s wish and maybe even his own.

“I LOVE HIM! HE’S SO CUTE! THANK YOU HYUNG THANK YOU!” the shrill cry of joy from the 8-year-old caused Yifan to have a mini heart attack from the cuteness. As the dog barked and jumped around as Sehun chased it around the small living room area, Yifan sat and watched as Junmyeon pulled out his phone to record the whole interaction with an adoring smile on his face.

Ok so maybe Yifan wasn’t completely against saying yes to Wu Sehun and Kim Junmyeon. Nope. Especially not this time when it ended up bringing Wu-Kim Vivi into their home.


Might or might not add in a bit of Junmyeon backstory next chapter thats gonna like NOT be a drabble.

IDK (would yall even want that?????)