Of Step-Brothers and Interruptions

The Wu Brothers (and Junmyeon)

“Hyung, are you even listening?”

He wasn’t. Dear god he wasn’t and now he had to stare into his step- brother’s – Park Chanyeol – big, dopey brown eyes and tell him that his mind was somewhere else. Where? Anywhere but there and he felt so bad. His younger brother is in a well-known idol duo and rarely has time for him or himself really. It was his brother’s only day to hang out with him this month and he was sacrificing it by merely disguising himself and going to see his hyung. The gesture was sweet but became a bit boring as Chanyeol continued to talk about his longtime crush/ duo partner – Byun Baekhyun and how cute he looked when he was writing new songs.

“S-sorry, Yeol. I wasn’t all here.” He gave him a shy smile while his brother looked at him accusingly; almost like he was trying to read his every thought.

Chanyeol hummed around the straw to his drink as Junmyeon shifted in his seat, “hyung is lying to me.”

Junmyeon blinked, “no I'm not.”

“Yeah, you are.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Why would I lie, Chanyeol-ah?”

“Becau –” Chanyeol was quickly interrupted by a voice that always peeked Junmyeon’s interest.

“Hey, Junmyeon-ah.” Yifan said with a small smile as he approached their table. “Didn’t think you’d leave your apartment to be,” he sent a quick heated looked at Chanyeol before melting as he looked at the smaller, “here.”

The air around him reeked a jealousy only making Chanyeol smirk at his hyung who looked like he forgot how to speak. So that’s where his hyung’s mind went.  With a shy smile, Junmyeon found his voice and proceeded to have a small talk with the Yifan that Chanyeol didn’t even think he’d ever see. Shouldn’t he be properly introduced?

“Hyung, is this the Yifan? The one of your dre – ”

The shorter of the three quickly slaps his hands over his brother’s mouth, giggling uncontrollably as the elder before him looked at him questioningly. Junmyeon really didn’t need Chanyeol being a little right now. Not when Yifan was there.

“S-sorry. Please excuse my brother he’s uh um never met new people???” A really bizarre excuse but it still made a mix of emotions go across the elder’s face before a smile was shown.

Junmyeon thinks he just died and went to heaven and Chanyeol’s stupid smirk was still there. Goddamnit.