Of Sand Boxes and "Angels"

The Wu Brothers (and Junmyeon)

My ability to proofread before I post is at 0% so forgive me.

It'll always get fixed like hours later tho


Babysitting Wu Sehun was Kim Junmyeon favorite thing to do in the world right about now.

The kid was only 8 and was already miles away from being annoying. He was quiet, attentive and didn’t ask a lot of questions. It was like watching over a kid who could simply just watch himself and maybe it was a bad thing but Junmyeon liked to call it a blessing.

He had started babysitting Sehun while Yifan went to work. Being an editor of an online website, he didn’t really have a place to go to work, so he was home most of the time. Why wouldn’t he accept to watch over the younger sibling of his new neighbor?

“I’m so sorry to just be dumping him on you. It’s just that they need me in today because –” The taller was going to start going into his detailed apology and Junmyeon could really care less. It wasn’t any trouble and today was his slow day.

“Shush. Go. I’ll do it just leave me a spare key or something in case Sehunnie wants to go out.” He mumbled not realizing he let the little nickname slip.

Yifan noticed though, “Sehunnie?”

Junmyeon froze and frantically tried to distract himself by collecting some things around his apartment.

But that was then, and this is now.

Now he was in a park down a few blocks from the apartments. It was a nice sunny day and Sehun really wanted to play in the sandbox so who was the older to deny the cute kid his rights? The younger boy immediately sprinted out to the small, sandy area as soon as they got there, not even regarding the two smaller boys who were already occupying the box.

“Sehun-ah, be careful and wait your turn.” Junmyeon called after the boy who waved him off to edge closer to his goal.

Sighing, Junmyeon sat at an unoccupied bench and decided to scroll through his phone and look up some local toy stores in the area. He felt as if Sehun lacked some common children entertainment and maybe needed a little extra stuff.

“Excuse me. Is that your little boy over there?” a voice asked, breaking Junmyeon from his concentration.

It was a middle-aged woman with a stroller. The stroller was empty and most likely had a child in it once who was somewhere running around with the other children in the playground. Confused, Junmyeon tries to understand why a mom would ask him such question and immediately panics thinking that his little angel, Sehun, (angel? Hmm not bad) finally snapped.

“I-I-I‘m so sorry.” He spoke as he instantly stood up bowing to the women in apology, “Whatever he has done I take full responsibility.”

The women gasped and frantically tried to get him to stand up right, “no no he hasn’t done anything wrong.” The male instantly was confused, “I just wanted to say that he’s adorable and well-mannered. Look, my Minhyuk is enjoying him as well.”

 Junmyeon did look and his heart squeezed just a little at the sight. Sehun was staring at a very animated black haired little boy who was amusingly explaining something in great detail.

“O-Oh thank you.” The male said with a bow giving the woman a small smile.

The woman smiled right back, “you must be a great father and husband if you’re out here –”

The woman was immediately interrupted as a wail was heard and a weight plowed into Junmyeon’s legs. Looking down, they both were greeted with a blank faced Sehun protectively shielding his babysitter/neighbor with his tiny body as he looked up at the woman.

“Sehun! W-what are you –” The boy patted his leg in a motion to silence him before turning back to the woman.

“Junnie-hyung don’t like girls. Junnie-hyung likes boys like girls like boys and hyung said that Junnie-hyung thinks girls are icky.” Sehun spouted in well-rehearsed anger followed with gagging noises making the woman walk away in horror.

Junmyeon just stands there astonished and all around confused. His face was red in embarrassment while Sehun grinned up at him like he did good.

What the hell happened to his angel?